Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 22, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,787 of 9,829
I was surprised these earphones (Campfire Audio Andromeda SE Gold) are as small as they are. I usually have difficulty with fit (small ear canals) I am well fit, and comfortable with the medium silicone tips.

Has it been confirmed shell size is same, larger, or smaller than OG andro? Surely it can't be smaller with the extra drivers?

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,788 of 9,829
Is the WM1A more hiss prone than the ZX300? My main rig is the 1A using the balanced jack. Eagerly awaiting a report on hiss with that source!

I have heard consistent reports that it is, particularly at lower volumes.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #7,789 of 9,829
I am sure its the same outside shell. I had Atlas before, and the pictures make the Andromeda look so much bigger.

Can't answer any questions about 1A or 1Z, as I never could justify the price.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #7,791 of 9,829
Is the WM1A more hiss prone than the ZX300? My main rig is the 1A using the balanced jack. Eagerly awaiting a report on hiss with that source!

Right now I'm trying the unbalanced source with the Andro Gold's stock Smokey Litz Cable and at Volume 20 on the 1A I am hearing a very slight hiss. I would say the situation on the ZX300 is the same for me. Similar levels of hiss, with both at Volume 20. It's not quite at the same level as Solaris hiss. IMO this is more acceptable. I'm still working my way through my playlist before I get to my balanced cable. Sorry!

Amazing, thank you so much!

You might want to try the following with your Sony DAPs in order to get more bass (I certainly will):

- DC Phase Linearizer (Type B Standard);
- Vinyl Processor (Standard).

Let us know how it plays :)

While I'm on this cable, I'm using both of these settings right now and I do agree that it (the soundstage) has slightly opened up a bit. I don't exactly feel the biggest of differences with the bass, but I do feel it being strangely a bit clearer? I'm liking these settings on it, although I would say that they aren't necessary. I think they do make it more lively in the low end though!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #7,792 of 9,829
Has it been confirmed shell size is same, larger, or smaller than OG andro? Surely it can't be smaller with the extra drivers?

The Andro Golds don't seem to differ a lot from the OG Andros as far as I remember in terms of size. They fit just as nice and perfectly in my ear as with all similar-looking CA IEMs.

Looking at you Solaris.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,793 of 9,829
While I'm on this cable, I'm using both of these settings right now and I do agree that it (the soundstage) has slightly opened up a bit. I don't exactly feel the biggest of differences with the bass, but I do feel it being strangely a bit clearer? I'm liking these settings on it, although I would say that they aren't necessary. I think they do make it more musical though!

I did not hear hiss with those settings. I am 60, and found that those settings lowered the high end too much for me.

Hey, thanks a bunch for trying guys!

My audio vocabulary is a bit limited and after trying these settings again with my CA Comet (only BA I currently own) I think that these settings open and round things up as well as add some warmth and, as @Bones13 mentioned above, lowers the high end.

Overall, these settings seem to give the impression that there's a bit more bass, or at least, give the low end some emphasis (perhaps at the expense of the highs).

I'll hopefully try this on my own sooner rather than later :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #7,795 of 9,829
how long do orders process for :frowning2: Have mercy, Ken.

You may have to be a little patient...I imagine they're overwhelmed processing orders ATM.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #7,798 of 9,829

I'm looking at my green v1 andromedas next to my golds and they appear to be exactly the same size shell.

The gold has (what I assume is from my memories and photos of it) the Polaris v2 grill and nozzle - it's a somewhat different angle, narrower, and noticeably longer.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #7,799 of 9,829
Yea I think they’ve (CA) made the change to swap all the newer nozzles to this longer one. All the new ones this (previous?) year I think all have the same nozzle, like the IO, Polaris V2 and the Solaris also has a long nozzle.

My Atlas also has a similar grill, maybe they’ve also made the switch for this kind of grill.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #7,800 of 9,829
Yea I think they’ve (CA) made the change to swap all the newer nozzles to this longer one. All the new ones this (previous?) year I think all have the same nozzle, like the IO, Polaris V2 and the Solaris also has a long nozzle.

My Atlas also has a similar grill, maybe they’ve also made the switch for this kind of grill.
I'm looking at my green v1 andromedas next to my golds and they appear to be exactly the same size shell.

The gold has (what I assume is from my memories and photos of it) the Polaris v2 grill and nozzle - it's a somewhat different angle, narrower, and noticeably longer.

Thanks! Yes, I did try the longer nozzle when I auditioned the Polaris v2. It made a huge difference for me regarding fit. I get a much better seal with the longer nozzle than I did with the short, stubby original Andro nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back