Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 20, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #7,697 of 9,829
I have a set coming Thursday too! Very excited. My son took off with the CA Atlas I had previously, which I liked, but they were a bit too bass heavy for my taste. I’m interested to see how the new SE Gold Andromeda does. I’m still not sure why they are designated gold, as they are mostly black, with only a few bits being gold.

Still excited.

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #7,699 of 9,829
Cheee! So excited :L3000:

Screenshot_20190820-100757-01.jpeg

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #7,702 of 9,829
You're all killing me :)

I'm considering the Campfire Andromeda Special Edition: Gold but my only points of reference are CA's Comet & Cascade.
I had the Empire Ears Bravado which I sold as the instrument separation and level of details frankly annoyed me.
The Cascade are the best headphone I ever had and I understand the Atlas are closer to them than anything.
However, I'm looking for something a bit different though still musical and warm and not too out-of-headish.
Accordingly I'm not sure the Andromeda and BA are for me -- I clearly love Beryllium drivers.
So got to have dat bass though not necessarily the Cascade's.

Any factual input?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #7,703 of 9,829
Even though these released fairly early in Hong Kong (on August 9th), it was fairly hard to find a pair / stores that had the Andromeda SE Gold in stock.

Fortunately I managed to find one pair in one of the retailers and I can’t wait to try it when I get home.

I’ve tried the Gen 3 Andromedas in e-earphone during my stay in Japan earlier this month and I was a really big fan of how it sounded, and when I heard that they were adding extra BA drivers to the low end I was really excited. Although I really like my Atlas, I’ve listened to the Andromeda a lot (literally stood at their test unit and listened to it for well over a few hours over 2 days), and I find a strange appeal to it that makes it sound a bit fuller than my Atlas.

This is my also my first post here; hello everyone.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #7,704 of 9,829
Even though these released fairly early in Hong Kong (on August 9th), it was fairly hard to find a pair / stores that the Andromeda SE Gold in stock.

Fortunately I managed to find one pair in one of the retailers and I can’t wait to try it when I get home.

I’ve tried the Gen 3 Andromedas in e-earphone during my stay in Japan earlier this month and I was a really big fan of how it sounded, and when I heard that they were adding extra BA drivers to the low end I was really excited. Although I really like my Atlas, I’ve listened to the Andromeda a lot (literally stood at their test unit and listened to it for well over a few hours over 2 days), and I find a strange appeal to it that makes it sound a bit fuller than my Atlas.

Hello and welcome to head-if!

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #7,706 of 9,829
Even though these released fairly early in Hong Kong (on August 9th), it was fairly hard to find a pair / stores that had the Andromeda SE Gold in stock.

idk but... this will make you non-stop of having curiosity. Especially in IEMs game. Headphones arent that crazy since the industry is quite small than iems (by small i mean, the selection of new product). New IEM like every month....

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #7,707 of 9,829
idk but... this will make you non-stop of having curiosity. Especially in IEMs game. Headphones arent that crazy since the industry is quite small than iems (by small i mean, the selection of new product). New IEM like every month....

I think I understand what you mean. I’m not so much of a headphone person, since I sweat very, very easily. That hasn’t stopped me from appreciating the many headphones I’ve tried and owned though.

That being said, I really only purchase new IEMs once a year so I try my best to find ones that I like.

But yea, there are a lot of IEMs (that also come out at a very frequent rate). In my mind however I have a few sound signatures from companies that I really like, so really I put most of my focus on those brands.

Doesn’t stop me from trying a lot of them though!
Thanks for the welcomes.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #7,708 of 9,829
I think I understand what you mean. I’m not so much of a headphone person, since I sweat very, very easily. That hasn’t stopped me from appreciating the many headphones I’ve tried and owned though.

That being said, I really only purchase new IEMs once a year so I try my best to find ones that I like.

But yea, there are a lot of IEMs (that also come out at a very frequent rate). In my mind however I have a few sound signatures from companies that I really like, so really I put most of my focus on those brands.

Doesn’t stop me from trying a lot of them though!
Thanks for the welcomes.
just so you know ive been a headphone guy for years but having an endgame setup of my hd800, i rest quite awhile. Just about 2 months ago, i started the iem game and yes, ive tried more than 10 IEMs already -.- tried = mix of buy+return+sell

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #7,709 of 9,829
just so you know ive been a headphone guy for years but having an endgame setup of my hd800, i rest quite awhile. Just about 2 months ago, i started the iem game and yes, ive tried more than 10 IEMs already -.- tried = mix of buy+return+sell

You know I’ve really wanted to try a 800(S) since I’ve gotten into the sort of “high-end” side of audio, but I’ve never really gotten the chance to.

I’ve also put off the decision the purchase one (when I could) before in favour of IEMs just because I could really listen to them anywhere :p
But in my mind I’ve always had the thought of having to have a better setup to power my potential HD800’s, and right now I rely on solely a Hugo 2 to power up all of my stuff.

I frequently move between Hong Kong and the UK (as a student) so I’m just a bit hesitant to purchase a good setup at home because I’d really want to get the most out of it should I acquire some good equipment.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #7,710 of 9,829
You know I’ve really wanted to try a 800(S) since I’ve gotten into the sort of “high-end” side of audio, but I’ve never really gotten the chance to.

I’ve also put off the decision the purchase one (when I could) before in favour of IEMs just because I could really listen to them anywhere :p
But in my mind I’ve always had the thought of having to have a better setup to power my potential HD800’s, and right now I rely on solely a Hugo 2 to power up all of my stuff.

I frequently move between Hong Kong and the UK (as a student) so I’m just a bit hesitant to purchase a good setup at home because I’d really want to get the most out of it should I acquire some good equipment.
HD800 OG isnt the best pair with Hugo2. I did that before but yes, too bright. HD800 is hard to drive in terms of synergy. I stop with Heron5, warmish amp with tons of depth and resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back