Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #7,652 of 9,829
Man I had hoped someone had reviewed the new black andros in here but looks like not yet. I love my Solaris but really miss the smaller fit in my ears of my old andros. I guess we can't have everything. There is no way the black ones have the same bass response to the 10mm driver. For some reason they still seem very tempting, like I totally need another 1k+ IEM for some reason lol.

Aug 17, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #7,653 of 9,829
A bit out of topic but my Vokyl Erupt has kinda holographic ish sound that reminds me about Andromeda.

Aug 17, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #7,654 of 9,829
Man I had hoped someone had reviewed the new black andros in here but looks like not yet. I love my Solaris but really miss the smaller fit in my ears of my old andros. I guess we can't have everything. There is no way the black ones have the same bass response to the 10mm driver. For some reason they still seem very tempting, like I totally need another 1k+ IEM for some reason lol.

+1... really curious about this... if it has a substantial injection of sub-bass while still retaining that sparkly treble you can count me in... any impressions yet guys?! Need comparisons before taking the plunge

Aug 17, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #7,655 of 9,829

I ordered them and they should arrive on the 20th or 21st. Will try my best to share my impressions compared to Solaris.

Aug 17, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #7,656 of 9,829
Haven't tried Solaris but compared to my V2 Andromedas they have much more mid bass presence. To be fair I only have about an hour on them but im sure they ll open up even more once the drivers have had more time to breath

100 percent recommend.

Ok going back in will update when i can. Enjoying them way to much.

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #7,658 of 9,829
'Open up' ... BA drivers are what they use in hearing aids. Once they know how to adjust the BA drivers for your ear there's no further changes to them. Don't spread false information that they're going to 'open up' .
BA's are mechanical devices like anything else, and just like a new pair of leather shoes they need to be broken in.

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #7,659 of 9,829
BA's are mechanical devices like anything else, and just like a new pair of leather shoes they need to be broken in.
No, BA doesnt "burn in" or scientifically loosening up drivers. Stop believing something that doesnt have sciene correlation. People who said BA burns are literally got brain burn in.

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #7,660 of 9,829
No, BA doesnt "burn in" or scientifically loosening up drivers. Stop believing something that doesnt have sciene correlation. People who said BA burns are literally got brain burn in.
How do you know?

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #7,662 of 9,829
'Open up' ... BA drivers are what they use in hearing aids. Once they know how to adjust the BA drivers for your ear there's no further changes to them. Don't spread false information that they're going to 'open up' .

Well i won't share any of my impressions since you are so offended but i do invite you to post what you think of your new Andromedas.

Aug 17, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #7,663 of 9,829
Well i won't share any of my impressions since you are so offended but i do invite you to post what you think of your new Andromedas.
I will in a few days when I receive mine in the mail, and all my impressions won't be based on waRmInG Up mY drIVErs.

Processors don't need to burned in to process faster. Graphics cards don't process visual information any faster the more you use them. A 1080p monitor won't magically become 1440p or 4k by using it more. If anything electronics degrade over time.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #7,664 of 9,829
Look man i wrote a little about a product im excited about. You in return felt the need to insult and show the elitism of your knowlege. This is a small community that should support and educate each instead of crucify each other over differences of opinions. Regardless of the error this is the reason why people are intimidated to express opinions or ask questions. Theres always someone trying to flex there superior knowledge and belittle.
You do you but I'd rather help and be nice to people regardless of there errors.

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #7,665 of 9,829
Look man i wrote a little about a product im excited about. You in return felt the need to insult and show the elitism of your knowlege. This is a small community that should support and educate each instead of crucify each other over differences of opinions. Regardless of the error this is the reason why people are intimidated to express opinions or ask questions. Theres always someone trying to flex there superior knowledge and belittle.
You do you but I'd rather help and be nice to people regardless of there errors.
I said don't spread false information. I didn't bittle/insult/show elitism. You ask to educate, and I did educate by explaining why BA's can't burn. I am trying to help by providing the correct information, not false information. People think burn in will solve issues of a pair of headphones or IEM that aren't right for them. You're also lying to yourself by thinking your product you bought is going to get better - it's not. It will always sound the same and the only thing that will change is your brains interpretation of the sound you're hearing. You can save yourself lots of money in the long run by knowing that a product won't sound any better on it's own, only your enjoyment of the products sound will change. If a product doesn't immediately sound like it's worth $1650 CAD to your ears, it probably isn't and no amount of time trying to 'open up' the drivers will fix that. Campfire audio paints a bad image when they say the Solaris needs to be burned in, and only contribute to the myth that is the concept of burn in. Sony with the Z1R never mentioned any sort of burn in and that's also a hybrid IEM with a DD/BA configuration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back