Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 15, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #7,636 of 9,829
I have the Viento-B version, so it's fixed at the neutral with bass switch configuration. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
In terms of popularity, I think it generally goes B > D > A > C. (I guess people like their bass boost.)

The fixed switch version costs 891,000KRW, which is just around $750 at current currency exchange rates. That said... the non-R versions aren't available outside of Korea, and Hidition charges $1450-1500 for the Viento-R internationally.
whut? $750! I believe, Viento has better technicalities than Andros from the FR. It really is?

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #7,637 of 9,829
20190816_155558.jpg 20190816_160434.jpg 20190816_160626.jpg 20190816_160808.jpg Just got mine! Gotta try it this weekend!

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #7,639 of 9,829
Aug 16, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #7,640 of 9,829
Hey, you guys who pre-ordered the Andro Gold: did you receive any order confirmation or anything yet?

I pre-ordered mine a week ago (and paid immediately using Paypal), but I have not received anything yet... Sent an email to Campfire Audio two days ago, but no answer...

Should I start worrying? :s

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #7,641 of 9,829
wait, i feel like i miss andros. I could be buying used andros anytime in the future. Let me know if anyone here got some good deals :)

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #7,643 of 9,829
Could you please provide comparisons with the OG Andromeda's when you have a chance? Does it still have the sparkly highs?
Also review about its mids compare to the OG.

Aug 16, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #7,644 of 9,829
Hey, you guys who pre-ordered the Andro Gold: did you receive any order confirmation or anything yet?

I pre-ordered mine a week ago (and paid immediately using Paypal), but I have not received anything yet... Sent an email to Campfire Audio two days ago, but no answer...

Should I start worrying? :s
If you check your account on the CFA site, you should see your order status there. No need to worry at this time.

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #7,645 of 9,829
After a couple months of experimenting, I've finally got my Andromedas optimized.

Current rig is Fiio M11 -> ifi iEMatch (2.5 mm) -> EA Lionheart -> Campfire Andromeda -> JVC Spiral Dot++ Tips -> My Ears

I love the M11. The UI is intuitive and responsive, and although it's my first DAP I think it sounds fantastic. At the moment I'm using its 2.5 mm balanced output. My only real complaint is that the battery does drain pretty quick when using the "All to DSD" function.

The iEMatch is the only component i'm not 100% sold on. It definitely eliminates background hiss from the M11, but it also changes the sound signature and I'm not sure yet whether i'll continue to use it. It's currently on the High setting (2.5 ohms).

The Lionheart is my first Effect Audio cable and also the most expensive cable I've ever bought. The sonic benefits are open to debate. I will say that it seemed to provide slightly more detail than the stock Andromeda cable, but I would also readily admit that there's a good chance it's a placebo. Regardless, the aesthetics and ergonomics of the cable are wonderful. It looks gorgeous, feels well made, and is very soft and pliable. No need to worry about kinks or twists.

The Spiral Dots are by far the most important link in the chain. Until they arrived I was mostly using the Campfire provided "Final E Type" tips. I liked the sound signature of them, but I would find myself pushing them back into my ears every half hour. With the Spiral Dots, not only is the sound great, but the comfort and isolation are perfect. I truly feel I could wear my Andromedas for hours without discomfort.

At this point, my biggest problem is having the willpower to end a listening session! I think we would all agree that is a great problem to have.

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #7,646 of 9,829
After a couple months of experimenting, I've finally got my Andromedas optimized.

Current rig is Fiio M11 -> ifi iEMatch (2.5 mm) -> EA Lionheart -> Campfire Andromeda -> JVC Spiral Dot++ Tips -> My Ears

I love the M11. The UI is intuitive and responsive, and although it's my first DAP I think it sounds fantastic. At the moment I'm using its 2.5 mm balanced output. My only real complaint is that the battery does drain pretty quick when using the "All to DSD" function.

The iEMatch is the only component i'm not 100% sold on. It definitely eliminates background hiss from the M11, but it also changes the sound signature and I'm not sure yet whether i'll continue to use it. It's currently on the High setting (2.5 ohms).

The Lionheart is my first Effect Audio cable and also the most expensive cable I've ever bought. The sonic benefits are open to debate. I will say that it seemed to provide slightly more detail than the stock Andromeda cable, but I would also readily admit that there's a good chance it's a placebo. Regardless, the aesthetics and ergonomics of the cable are wonderful. It looks gorgeous, feels well made, and is very soft and pliable. No need to worry about kinks or twists.

The Spiral Dots are by far the most important link in the chain. Until they arrived I was mostly using the Campfire provided "Final E Type" tips. I liked the sound signature of them, but I would find myself pushing them back into my ears every half hour. With the Spiral Dots, not only is the sound great, but the comfort and isolation are perfect. I truly feel I could wear my Andromedas for hours without discomfort.

At this point, my biggest problem is having the willpower to end a listening session! I think we would all agree that is a great problem to have.
M11 balance will introduce you A LOT OF HISS without the iematch. zx300 is a better dap for handling ultra sensitive iem on its balance 4.4mm

Aug 16, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #7,647 of 9,829

I believe the lionhearts are one of the best cables for the andromedas if you are looking for a slightly warmer sound signature and want a fuller bodied sound. The mids are just awesome with this combo without losing detail on the top end. I am also using this combo with the spiral dot++ tips and i cant seem to put everything down while in session. I was previously using the thor ii’s although it served me well for a few months, the lionhearts sound signature just blows me away every single time.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #7,648 of 9,829
Just got mine! Gotta try it this weekend!
Man... you really are into Andros! :D

It looks like the first (the most interesting comparison possible, imo) comparison between the 3 available Andro's sound tuning that were made so far is coming! :) I can't wait whether you confirm that the gold ones punch finally hard (even though the well-known clarity and treble spark is what pleasure my ears a lot).

Also, what cable is the green and SS paired with?

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #7,649 of 9,829
I believe the lionhearts are one of the best cables for the andromedas if you are looking for a slightly warmer sound signature and want a fuller bodied sound. The mids are just awesome with this combo without losing detail on the top end. I am also using this combo with the spiral dot++ tips and i cant seem to put everything down while in session. I was previously using the thor ii’s although it served me well for a few months, the lionhearts sound signature just blows me away every single time.

Lionheart definitely fill Andromeda's mids in a very pleasing way. I ultimately preferred the more grandiose in soundstage and neutral midrange of the Cleopatra Octa over Lionheart's sweet sounding mids after comparing both.

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #7,650 of 9,829
Lionheart definitely fill Andromeda's mids in a very pleasing way. I ultimately preferred the more grandiose in soundstage and neutral midrange of the Cleopatra Octa over Lionheart's sweet sounding mids after comparing both.

At the end of the day it’s still all about synergy. The soundstage on my dap with this combo is immense as well. I also noticed on balanced, i am getting better layering and instrument separation compared to SE. I am hoping to try the SP 2000’s soon with this combo too. And of course the cleo octa as well but right now i am just really happy with this combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back