Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 19, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #7,351 of 9,829
I came to the thread to post the same link. That review made me laugh...:)
Me too, you beat me to it lol.
I think What HiFi are a bit late to the party and I stopped reading their reviews a long time ago because they talk Sh@t....consistently :joy:
Think they should stick to HiFi and leave the personal HiFi to the people that actually use it. Also I don’t think they are aware of the countless positives reviews of the Andromeda and can only think that maybe they were refused a review pair so had to buy em !!!
I took my set into GuitarGuitar here in the UK, they stock all the Shure iem range so I let them have a listen to my Andro’s and they were actually speechless.
These are the guys that were working the studio section of the shop lol
The moment of realisation on their faces was extremely satisfying :smiling_imp:
Nicely Done

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #7,352 of 9,829
Me too, you beat me to it lol.
I think What HiFi are a bit late to the party and I stopped reading their reviews a long time ago because they talk Sh@t....consistently :joy:
Think they should stick to HiFi and leave the personal HiFi to the people that actually use it. Also I don’t think they are aware of the countless positives reviews of the Andromeda and can only think that maybe they were refused a review pair so had to buy em !!!
I took my set into GuitarGuitar here in the UK, they stock all the Shure iem range so I let them have a listen to my Andro’s and they were actually speechless.
These are the guys that were working the studio section of the shop lol
The moment of realisation on their faces was extremely satisfying :smiling_imp:
Nicely Done

I feel like ppl get Shure for the next level isolation, comfort, durability and supposed amazing warranty service. Their stuff seems a bit outdated considering how fast audio has progressed in the last few years though.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #7,355 of 9,829
Jul 21, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #7,356 of 9,829
Would like to share something interesting. There's slight variations to the Andromeda I think, and you can see it on Crin's blog. https://crinacle.com/graphs/campfire-andromeda/

I've mainly seen graphs with twin peaks at about 7-8k, and they were quite a bit higher than the rest of the spectrum, but I don't think this response is consistent and varies unit to unit. Look at the last sample measured.

Also, look at mine and one @csglinux measured. Also, I'd like to point out that the top graph is overlay of measurements used with two different sources, one was near 0 ohm output impedance, and the other was approx 2 ohms, and as you can see there is no noticeable difference in the response. I'm wondering what this 2 ohms consists of? Is it purely resistive or not.

Andromeda impedance differences.jpg

andromeda.png

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #7,357 of 9,829
Do those graphs use the same tips? There might be way too much variation in the setup than can contribute to the differences in the response

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #7,358 of 9,829
Do those graphs use the same tips? There might be way too much variation in the setup than can contribute to the differences in the response
Only certain frequencies effected by tip types and insertion depth (as you can see from csglinux's graph), but in general I've seen the twin peaks pretty consistently (including Ken's graph). I would think Crin would try to be consistent in the type of tips used, but certainly possible they maybe based off different tips. If it was different tips used, Crin's last sample would likely be foam.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #7,360 of 9,829
I miss my Orion so much, the sweet vocal and non-fatigue sound sig:smile_phones::smile_phones:

I enjoy it as much as my other more expensive IEMs :) Sweet vocals + pleasant sound signature.

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #7,361 of 9,829
I enjoy it as much as my other more expensive IEMs :) Sweet vocals + pleasant sound signature.
do you mind describing the Orion in terms of Vocal separation with the instrument, soundstage, compare to Andros.

p/s: i dont find andros has big soundstage though

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #7,362 of 9,829
do you mind describing the Orion in terms of Vocal separation with the instrument, soundstage, compare to Andros.

p/s: i dont find andros has big soundstage though

Andromedas outclass the Orions in every way except comfort (Orion is super light). There’s really no point describing the differences. With the Orion, you get a smaller soundstage, much less treble extension, weaker seperation and layering but you maintain the CA house sound and similar tonality. What it does better though, is a focus on the vocals which is really nice if you’re a vocals or midrange fan.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #7,363 of 9,829
Andromedas outclass the Orions in every way except comfort (Orion is super light). There’s really no point describing the differences. With the Orion, you get a smaller soundstage, much less treble extension, weaker seperation and layering but you maintain the CA house sound and similar tonality. What it does better though, is a focus on the vocals which is really nice if you’re a vocals or midrange fan.
Thanks for that. I guess I pass on that. Suddenly i kinda like the AKG tuning after trying some AKG earbuds, now im looking for an affordable k3003. Im a vocal and soundstage whore btw.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #7,364 of 9,829
Thanks for that. I guess I pass on that. Suddenly i kinda like the AKG tuning after trying some AKG earbuds, now im looking for an affordable k3003. Im a vocal and soundstage whore btw.

The 5005 are really nice. It’s on sale on Amazon right now.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #7,365 of 9,829
The 5005 are really nice. It’s on sale on Amazon right now.
Never heard of that. Yes, it's on SALE! Any idea how it sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back