Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #7,246 of 9,829
I’ve been listening to the Comply tips with the wax guard and they are super warm which is nice for easy listening. I really like Spiral Dots when I’m listening to good recordings (Brothers in Arms) but then with something like Hell Freezes Over, I find the Spiral Dots to have sibilance so I think the foam tips are better. If anyone has Hell Freezes Over I’d be really interested to hear what you think of it when listening with the Andromeda’s and which tips you prefer? I really like the tone with the Spiral Dots but I am really not a fan of sibilance :p

Which tracks in the Hell Freezes Over that have sibilance? I don't physically have the album but I can listen to it on Apple Music (256 AAC) and see if I can hear sibilance on their streams.

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #7,247 of 9,829
Which tracks in the Hell Freezes Over that have sibilance? I don't physically have the album but I can listen to it on Apple Music (256 AAC) and see if I can hear sibilance on their streams.

Three tracks which are Wasted Time, New York Minute and The Last Resort. The Last Resort specifically and especially at around 5:20 where sibilance is really pronounced...

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #7,248 of 9,829
Thanks dude! UAPP is the fix! When it use the S10 HiRes driver output, sound was hiss free! So it is an android audio driver problem!

Cheaper yet, just get the UAPP. Completely fixed the noise of my S8.

I've had both Andromeda and there was no noticeable difference in sensitivity. The slightly more forward mids of the S might lead you to turn the volume down a bit, but not much.

Jul 7, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #7,249 of 9,829
Thanks dude! UAPP is the fix! When it use the S10 HiRes driver output, sound was hiss free! So it is an android audio driver problem!
Finally someone took my advice. :) Glad it worked out.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,250 of 9,829
Three tracks which are Wasted Time, New York Minute and The Last Resort. The Last Resort specifically and especially at around 5:20 where sibilance is really pronounced...

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

Unfortunately, Apple Music offers the 2018 remastered version only so I can't hear the 1994 version. From this remastered version played on iPod Touch 7G, Wasted Time is incredibly smooth with no sibilance detected. New York Minute, the saxophone? is a bit thin but well defined pronounced, but close to sibilant side to my ears (I still don't consider that sibilant). The Last Resort is definitely not sibilant at all IMO, and that shout at 5:20, the ssss on "see" is well controlled with this remastered version.

Jul 7, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #7,251 of 9,829
Unfortunately, Apple Music offers the 2018 remastered version only so I can't hear the 1994 version. From this remastered version played on iPod Touch 7G, Wasted Time is incredibly smooth with no sibilance detected. New York Minute, the saxophone? is a bit thin but well defined pronounced, but close to sibilant side to my ears (I still don't consider that sibilant). The Last Resort is definitely not sibilant at all IMO, and that shout at 5:20, the ssss on "see" is well controlled with this remastered version.

Thanks mate, really helpful. I think I need to review my interpretation of what real sibilance is vs. tracks with more pronounced highs (also tips on the Andromeda's make a huge difference). I just ripped Hell Freezes Over from the original 1994 CD and it sounds good (16/44) but I also streamed the 2008 Apple Music remaster and it also sounds good but is probably a little louder overall. I will go back and re-listen to the saxophone in New York Minute too as I never really focused in it specifically with the Andromeda's.

Jul 8, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #7,252 of 9,829
Ok interesting interesting again.

Why now i hear the upper bass bleeds to mids?

I pair this with es100 and also direct to s10plus. Idk why the mids do not sound clean enough :frowning2:

Edit: last night, i try to A/B between my ex800st, the mids of ex800st sounds cleaner. The bass is clearly not presence when it does not need to meanwhile the mids of andromeda sounds too thick

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #7,253 of 9,829
Ok interesting interesting again.

Why now i hear the upper bass bleeds to mids?

Seek persistently enough and you shall find (real or imaginary flaws).

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #7,254 of 9,829
Seek persistently enough and you shall find (real or imaginary flaws).
i will do more testing once im home today. hope i already received my M11!

Jul 8, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #7,255 of 9,829
i will do more testing once im home today. hope i already received my M11!

Patiently waiting for your findings regarding hiss and sound signature :)

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #7,256 of 9,829
6DB18CDB-75FB-4F93-A555-8A1FEB0AB1C6.jpeg

FiiO M11 and CA Andromeda V3 to 4.4mm jack.

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #7,257 of 9,829
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #7,258 of 9,829
Patiently waiting for your findings regarding hiss and sound signature :)
btw, 3.5mm andromeda to M11 isn't that good.
the mids are tooooo thick

idk why now, i feel like andro has really thick mids, thick vocals.. not into my taste, the vocal sounds like the singer singing behind a drum/backstage lol

it could be andro isn't my cup of tea though

the iematch+es100 helps a bit but it isnt the best and the iematch+es100 is not the best setup for me. It's hard to carry around with that dongle and that small es100. more like, i need something like a dap and an iem. That's it.

The ex800st sounds so beautiful on M11. I will getting the balance 4.4mm soon on it.

Edit: i will give andro another month until i i received my copper 4.4mm balance cable that i bought from aliexpress. If it's still does not work out on me, i do need to return this. I cant afford to keep $1k worth iem that i didnt enjoy to the fullest. Im so glad that i bought this from headphones.com, the best customer support so far. I would say better than amazon. Definitely the only place that you need to consider investing your money on this hobby.

P/s: if you guys have any suggestion on iem that has airy soundstage with critical details and standout vocals, let me know! Ex1000 is on my radar now but it's no longer produced by sony

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #7,259 of 9,829
btw, 3.5mm andromeda to M11 isn't that good.
the mids are tooooo thick

idk why now, i feel like andro has really thick mids, thick vocals.. not into my taste, the vocal sounds like the singer singing behind a drum/backstage lol

it could be andro isn't my cup of tea though

the iematch+es100 helps a bit but it isnt the best and the iematch+es100 is not the best setup for me. It's hard to carry around with that dongle and that small es100. more like, i need something like a dap and an iem. That's it.

The ex800st sounds so beautiful on M11. I will getting the balance 4.4mm soon on it.

Edit: i will give andro another month until i i received my copper 4.4mm balance cable that i bought from aliexpress. If it's still does not work out on me, i do need to return this. I cant afford to keep $1k worth iem that i didnt enjoy to the fullest. Im so glad that i bought this from headphones.com, the best customer support so far. I would say better than amazon. Definitely the only place that you need to consider investing your money on this hobby.

P/s: if you guys have any suggestion on iem that has airy soundstage with critical details and standout vocals, let me know! Ex1000 is on my radar now but it's no longer produced by sony
Haha, the honeymoon didn't last very long, did it?
Tell us, what is the output impedance of the M11 on SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back