Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 5, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #7,231 of 9,829
I got a new iem measurement rig and conducted some measurements of Andro with various tips. This should convince tip rolling is real.

This is the tip that I considered sounds most right. It's the stock Kanas Pro tips with pretty good bore size

The more interesting part is how the response changes with various tip types such as bore size and material (foam for example).

Stock foam. You see how the foam dampens the treble peaks?

Stock silicone with large bore (comparatively to Kanas pro tips above and Symbio W). You see how the large bore size raises the treble area?

Nice bit of science. Was the insertion depth well controlled? The shift of the peaks could indicate unequal distance to the microphone.

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #7,233 of 9,829
Jul 5, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #7,234 of 9,829
I dont like foam on any iem. It reduces soundstage

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #7,235 of 9,829
Very happy with this setup!

48207597427_ca8ce3fb37_k_d.jpg

Jul 5, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #7,238 of 9,829
Looks great and would compliment the SS variant colorwise.If only i could buy it in Europe i would:pensive:.

Yep! Silver cables + mirror finish SS Andromeda would be one heck of a beautiful IEM!

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #7,239 of 9,829
Jul 5, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #7,240 of 9,829
Great pair!

I'll be getting M11 soon! :)

Thanks! They would really stand out if I'm going to wear this in public. Congratulations on the M11!

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #7,242 of 9,829
Great photo bro! Are they the Symbio tips? How do they sound?

Yep! It's Symbio W which is my favorite tips as I aim for transparency as my #1 priority. It does not "smoothen" any treble peaks so it will sound sibilant with poorly mastered tracks nor boost any bass frequencies like Spinfits or Foam. It doesn't mean that it sounds bass light, but rather balanced. IMO, I just like how wide and spacious it sounds with Andromeda. There are some tips that are discussed on this thread that sound very wide as well while smoothening out treble peaks, but not to the extent of foam tips.

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #7,243 of 9,829
Yep! It's Symbio W which is my favorite tips as I aim for transparency as my #1 priority. It does not "smoothen" any treble peaks so it will sound sibilant with poorly mastered tracks nor boost any bass frequencies like Spinfits or Foam. It doesn't mean that it sounds bass light, but rather balanced. IMO, I just like how wide and spacious it sounds with Andromeda. There are some tips that are discussed on this thread that sound very wide as well while smoothening out treble peaks, but not to the extent of foam tips.
I have both symbio W and spiral dot. And more spinfits etc. No one can beat the speciousness of spiral. Symbio W came second! Easy to seal on symbio too

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #7,244 of 9,829
Jul 6, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #7,245 of 9,829

I’ve been listening to the Comply tips with the wax guard and they are super warm which is nice for easy listening. I really like Spiral Dots when I’m listening to good recordings (Brothers in Arms) but then with something like Hell Freezes Over, I find the Spiral Dots to have sibilance so I think the foam tips are better. If anyone has Hell Freezes Over I’d be really interested to hear what you think of it when listening with the Andromeda’s and which tips you prefer? I really like the tone with the Spiral Dots but I am really not a fan of sibilance :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back