Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 28, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #7,186 of 9,829
I must confess I have never tried Andromeda with other than 0-2 ohm sources, but of course I have heard about bigger changes in sound signature depending on the output impedance. I would like to try iMatch, but I have sold Andromeda already...haha. And oh, what about subbass? Does it also decrease with higher impedance sources? While I would welcome less midbass I would not want subbass less than Andromeda already have?

By the way, in my case I am not sure if this is really a general midbass issue. Because as written above - Oriolus also has lots of midbass, but I don’t have any problems with it. I think it must be a smaller particular frequency range that I react, too...

You had the same problem with Kanas Pro? That surprises me, because I don’t have it at all. Isn’t Kanas Pro famous for being only subbass focussed (some people complain about a thin midbass and thin lower mids)?

Andro bass is not for basshead. It's really fast and super controlled to not bleed to even mid or upper bass. Im okay with that since andro gives a lot air and dead accurate soundstage and separation that ive never had before with other iem.

Kpe to me is just different animal. I cant even get any sparkle detail except cranking the volume. I dont like cranking volume with iem since i can only enjoy for about 10 mins and i have ear fatigue issue.

With andro, i have it at normal and everything is perfect balance. Accurate bass, mid range is beautiful, highs are perfect. If you need bass, get a narrower tips but will sacrifice air.

Ill stick with wide bore. For now spiral dot is my fav. Gonna wait this sunday for another two spinfits, 4.5mm and 5.5mm bore :D

Tip rolling is better than buying new iems. They are cheap and can change the andro to sound completely different.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #7,188 of 9,829
Guys, I’m looking for a SpinFit eartips for an Andromeda S, which ones fits with this model?

Want bass? Take a narrow spinfit
Want air and sparkle highs? Take wide bore

:)

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #7,190 of 9,829
Which model exactly is the narrow spinfit?
Cp100 is quite narrow with 3.8mm
Cp240 with 4mm
Cp800 might not fit with only 2mm

Jun 28, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #7,192 of 9,829
Which one do you recommend? Because I would like more bass, yes. CP100? The 240 looks good too
If you want more bass, have u tried final tips that comes with andro itself?

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #7,194 of 9,829
Just received the SXC. It sounds for me much (!) better than the stock cable which sounds for me for comparison just "thin".

I don't have the Ref-8 anymore, so I cannot say which I found to be better between the SXC and the Ref-8. But I remember that there was no such a big difference between the Litz and the Ref-8. The latter had in my memory more space, air and bass. As a contrast: between the Litz and the SXC I noticed immediately that big difference.

Now, I really would like to know if the SXC would have even more space, air and bass than the Ref-8. It is just a pity that I don't have the latter cable anymore. According to Campfire the SXC should be better in that regard but I don't know…

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #7,195 of 9,829
Just received the SXC. It sounds for me much (!) better than the stock cable which sounds for me for comparison just "thin".

I don't have the Ref-8 anymore, so I cannot say which I found to be better between the SXC and the Ref-8. But I remember that there was no such a big difference between the Litz and the Ref-8. The latter had in my memory more space, air and bass. As a contrast: between the Litz and the SXC I noticed immediately that big difference.

Now, I really would like to know if the SXC would have even more space, air and bass than the Ref-8. It is just a pity that I don't have the latter cable anymore. According to Campfire the SXC should be better in that regard but I don't know…
I have both cables and can confirm that the SXC 8 has more space, air and bass than the Ref-8 from my listening tests.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #7,196 of 9,829

I agree with your comments - I picked up the SXC last week and the difference was very full body and lots of bass!

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #7,197 of 9,829
and what do you suggest for air and sparkle highs? I actually use the SpinFit which I found to have more air and sparkle highs compared to mandarin or other eartips in the package of the andromeda…
Im using spiral dot currently. Will try spinfit too. Aready on the mail. Both are 4.5mm and 5.5mm

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #7,198 of 9,829

I have both cables and can confirm that the SXC 8 has more space, air and bass than the Ref-8 from my listening tests.

I agree with your comments - I picked up the SXC last week and the difference was very full body and lots of bass!

Im so intrigued with 3 comments with the same idea of SXC 8 gives a better air and bass to andro. How s the soundstage and how s the sound separation.

Does it worth buying the cable instead of M11 as a DAP? Im planning to buy dap but if it doesnt change the sound, im okay with the current setup and get the cable instead.

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #7,200 of 9,829
Sorry for my english but I use a translator. I'm thinking about buying andromed or fiio fh7. Could someone write what would be a better choice or write a comparison? Thank you.
It depends on your sound signature preference. You should describe what sound you are finding for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back