Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #7,156 of 9,829
This has been my experience with the iematch too. Really opened up the soundstage on the Andromedas for me and took details to a whole new level, especially at lower volumes.
Best $50 investment ever made

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #7,158 of 9,829
Do you think that it’s worth to buy one to be used with an Andromeda S and an iBasso DX220?
I dont have dx220. So it depends on the OI of dx220. It's still a bargain to try it. If u dont like it, u can return it!

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #7,159 of 9,829
Do you think that it’s worth to buy one to be used with an Andromeda S and an iBasso DX220?
As someone once said to me, the IEMatch is there to fix a problem. If there is no problem to begin with, you don't need it. Might be worth trying though, it will definitelly change the sound, for better or worse.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #7,160 of 9,829

I haven’t tried the IEMatch, but the Andro S has the slightly more forward midrange. It works wonderfully with the stock DX220 with Amp1mkII already in single ended out - so try that first. Don’t have the balanced cable yet.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #7,161 of 9,829
Just wondering if anyone here pairing Andro with M11. What's the sound signature they do?

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #7,162 of 9,829
Just wondering if anyone here pairing Andro with M11. What's the sound signature they do?

New to the forums in terms of posting, but not new in terms of reading. I figured I'd chime in as I just received my M11 last week and have been indeed using this exact pairing. I recently went by Campfire Audio in person (live in PDX) in order to try multiple of their headphones with the M11. I had been looking into their stuff for a while and knew from here that the Andromeda was one of the best on the market. I have two higher end over the ear headphones that are Audeze and Focal but no high end IEMs. For exercise I have been using a set of EDC3 off Drop as a cheap pair of IEMs that I didn't care too much if they got damaged paired with my iPhone 10. I prefer a slightly warm sound signature personally as I listen mostly to Trance music from about 1995 - 2006. With that said, I also listen to Classic Rock, Jazz, Swing, Classical, and Choral music. I have to say that I am blown away by the pairing of these two products. The andromeda's are balanced to very slightly warm with the M11. I have not even begun to mess with any equalizer settings as the sound out of the box is very much to my liking. The upper mid-range vocals of trance music shine with this pairing. The highs are exceptional and clear and the bass is just right. Not overpowering, not missing, and most importantly, not overpowering. Has just the right punch to it for Trance music. With Jazz/Swing, I am actually listening to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy as I type this and once again, I feel that it is a great pairing. Not too much low end, not missing anything in the mids, and the cymbals are evident on the highs without being overpowering. Listening to Choral Music, I feel like I can pick out individual voices even with a wide sound stage. The Irish group Anuna sounded exceptional and the clarity is on par with my OTE's. I will admit that this is my first DAP as I have always used Headphone Amps / DACs for either computers or in my home stereo system and my iPhone for exercise. I am very happy with the results of the pairing. I did try their Polaris 2, Atlas, and Solaris while I was there. The Solaris was about as perfect of a balance as I think you can likely get, but I loved the playfulness of the andromedas more. The atlas as too punchy for me as was the Polaris 2. Great IEMs, just not for me or my listening desires. Hope this helps!

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,163 of 9,829
New to the forums in terms of posting, but not new in terms of reading. I figured I'd chime in as I just received my M11 last week and have been indeed using this exact pairing. I recently went by Campfire Audio in person (live in PDX) in order to try multiple of their headphones with the M11. I had been looking into their stuff for a while and knew from here that the Andromeda was one of the best on the market. I have two higher end over the ear headphones that are Audeze and Focal but no high end IEMs. For exercise I have been using a set of EDC3 off Drop as a cheap pair of IEMs that I didn't care too much if they got damaged paired with my iPhone 10. I prefer a slightly warm sound signature personally as I listen mostly to Trance music from about 1995 - 2006. With that said, I also listen to Classic Rock, Jazz, Swing, Classical, and Choral music. I have to say that I am blown away by the pairing of these two products. The andromeda's are balanced to very slightly warm with the M11. I have not even begun to mess with any equalizer settings as the sound out of the box is very much to my liking. The upper mid-range vocals of trance music shine with this pairing. The highs are exceptional and clear and the bass is just right. Not overpowering, not missing, and most importantly, not overpowering. Has just the right punch to it for Trance music. With Jazz/Swing, I am actually listening to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy as I type this and once again, I feel that it is a great pairing. Not too much low end, not missing anything in the mids, and the cymbals are evident on the highs without being overpowering. Listening to Choral Music, I feel like I can pick out individual voices even with a wide sound stage. The Irish group Anuna sounded exceptional and the clarity is on par with my OTE's. I will admit that this is my first DAP as I have always used Headphone Amps / DACs for either computers or in my home stereo system and my iPhone for exercise. I am very happy with the results of the pairing. I did try their Polaris 2, Atlas, and Solaris while I was there. The Solaris was about as perfect of a balance as I think you can likely get, but I loved the playfulness of the andromedas more. The atlas as too punchy for me as was the Polaris 2. Great IEMs, just not for me or my listening desires. Hope this helps!

Im really particular about the vocal separation. Does Andro's vocal really standout from upper bass? That's what the problem i had before with es100 alone. But after getting iematch, the vocal improves a lot!

Sometimes i just love to have a personal dap that i can deal without my phone. Not sure if i need to jump for M11. Kinda yes or no now haha

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #7,164 of 9,829
Im really particular about the vocal separation. Does Andro's vocal really standout from upper bass? That's what the problem i had before with es100 alone. But after getting iematch, the vocal improves a lot!

Sometimes i just love to have a personal dap that i can deal without my phone. Not sure if i need to jump for M11. Kinda yes or no now haha

I sang in Choirs for about 15 years and I think I know what you mean about vocal separation. When listening to Agnus Dei, I can hear the separation of all 8 vocal parts without an issue. I will admit that I have personally sang the piece about 5 times over the course of my Choral career so I know all the parts and what to listen to. What particular music are you looking for to test. I have Deezer, Spotify, and Tidal on my M11 and can listen to something and give an opinion if you'd like. FWIW, the price of the M11 made it too good of a deal to pass up for me. Like you, I sometimes was looking for something other than my phone when I was on a plane or chilling at a coffee shop. I saw the M11 when the specs came out on here and thought it might be decent considering it can function as a DAC/Amp as well for my laptop when I am sitting at said coffee shops. Once the pricing came out, I figured for the price point, I couldn't go wrong so I jumped on one. Been very happy with the decision personally. Once again, hope this helps!

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #7,165 of 9,829
I sang in Choirs for about 15 years and I think I know what you mean about vocal separation. When listening to Agnus Dei, I can hear the separation of all 8 vocal parts without an issue. I will admit that I have personally sang the piece about 5 times over the course of my Choral career so I know all the parts and what to listen to. What particular music are you looking for to test. I have Deezer, Spotify, and Tidal on my M11 and can listen to something and give an opinion if you'd like. FWIW, the price of the M11 made it too good of a deal to pass up for me. Like you, I sometimes was looking for something other than my phone when I was on a plane or chilling at a coffee shop. I saw the M11 when the specs came out on here and thought it might be decent considering it can function as a DAC/Amp as well for my laptop when I am sitting at said coffee shops. Once the pricing came out, I figured for the price point, I couldn't go wrong so I jumped on one. Been very happy with the decision personally. Once again, hope this helps!
I cant pickup songs right now but let's try Meaning of you - IU.
How's the voice of the girl sounds solo and how's the sound when the other comes in. Also what about when they both sang together?

Also, which Agnus Dei that you pointed up there? I want to give a listen and compare with what you hear.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #7,166 of 9,829
How's the voice of the girl sounds solo and how's the sound when the other comes in. Also what about when they both sang together?

Also, which Agnus Dei that you pointed up there? I want to give a listen and compare with what you hear.

Thanks in advance!!!

The version of Agnus Dei I have is Harry Christophers & The Sixteen off Barber: Agnus Dei - An American Collection. I will listen to the song you listed and get back to you soon.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #7,167 of 9,829

Ok. Just listened to it 3 times in a row to get a solid reference. I listened via Spotify and streaming over Wifi at my house to the M11. The clarity in the voices is there. No cracks, no strange hisses, anything of the sort. When the female starts, I would say the vocal becomes the focal point slightly pushing the instruments to the background. Very slight, but there is a volume difference. This may be the device, but it may also be the recording. I am not using EQ remember so some things can be altered. I would however say when the male voice comes in, the tonal balance is perfect. He has a very good voice and it is very clear IMO. When the both come together, I feel that the singing takes a slight backseat to the instrumentals. I don't know if this is because the harmonizing is via the octave and therefore the recording is trying to meld everything as a whole or if something else is at play. Once again, it's not overpowering one way or another, but I think there is enough of a difference to note it. The female voice is also slightly louder than the male voice, but very very slight. I think the recording may be some of this as Spotify is likely not a master level copy. When I listen to the same recording on my desktop setup (Chord Mojo DAC/AMP paired currently with Audeze LCD-2C), I notice when together, the voices are about equal with the music. Once again, the female voice is just every so slightly louder, but it is the difference of maybe 1 volume. The harmony sounds very good together and you can clearly hear the male and female both separately, and together. Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #7,168 of 9,829
Ok. Just listened to it 3 times in a row to get a solid reference. I listened via Spotify and streaming over Wifi at my house to the M11. The clarity in the voices is there. No cracks, no strange hisses, anything of the sort. When the female starts, I would say the vocal becomes the focal point slightly pushing the instruments to the background. Very slight, but there is a volume difference. This may be the device, but it may also be the recording. I am not using EQ remember so some things can be altered. I would however say when the male voice comes in, the tonal balance is perfect. He has a very good voice and it is very clear IMO. When the both come together, I feel that the singing takes a slight backseat to the instrumentals. I don't know if this is because the harmonizing is via the octave and therefore the recording is trying to meld everything as a whole or if something else is at play. Once again, it's not overpowering one way or another, but I think there is enough of a difference to note it. The female voice is also slightly louder than the male voice, but very very slight. I think the recording may be some of this as Spotify is likely not a master level copy. When I listen to the same recording on my desktop setup (Chord Mojo DAC/AMP paired currently with Audeze LCD-2C), I notice when together, the voices are about equal with the music. Once again, the female voice is just every so slightly louder, but it is the difference of maybe 1 volume. The harmony sounds very good together and you can clearly hear the male and female both separately, and together. Hope this helps and let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Interesting. Definitely different sound signature than es100+iematch

Question, when u are using desktop setup with mojo. Do you pair it with andro or lcd?

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #7,169 of 9,829
Interesting. Definitely different sound signature than es100+iematch

Question, when u are using desktop setup with mojo. Do you pair it with andro or lcd?

I paired it with my LCD as they are currently setup already. I would have to cable swap my Andromedas as I have 4.4mm balanced cable on them currently for the M11. I can swap out for the factory cable and try it with the Mojo if you want.

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #7,170 of 9,829
I paired it with my LCD as they are currently setup already. I would have to cable swap my Andromedas as I have 4.4mm balanced cable on them currently for the M11. I can swap out for the factory cable and try it with the Mojo if you want.
It will be great to compare with mojo. At least i had mojo back then so i can relate even without andro that time. I can recall that mojo is warm. I dont think i wanna pair it with andro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back