Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #7,066 of 9,825
Who else prefers the look of the old clear cable to the smokey grey? I know it’s just taste... :)

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #7,067 of 9,825
Cool. Sounds like I am getting the V3. It should be here today. Excited to give it a listen...

You will love it for sure!

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #7,068 of 9,825
Who else prefers the look of the old clear cable to the smokey grey? I know it’s just taste... :)

No contest imo, Andromeda OG V2 with Dark cable wins everytime
IMAG0951.jpg
IMAG0956.jpg

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #7,069 of 9,825
Do they actually show on the package? I just bought new from headphones.com. What version would it be?

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #7,070 of 9,825
Do they actually show on the package? I just bought new from headphones.com. What version would it be?
If you just bought new from us it will be the latest version of the Andromeda with the new Smoky Litz cable. We completely sold through the V2 before the V3 hit the market so we do not have any new V2 units to sell.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #7,071 of 9,825
If you just bought new from us it will be the latest version of the Andromeda with the new Smoky Litz cable. We completely sold through the V2 before the V3 hit the market so we do not have any new V2 units to sell.
That works!!! I prefer the newest version! is there any sonic difference between v2 and v3?

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #7,072 of 9,825
I know a lot of people don’t like the Andromeda with the Mojo, can anybody who has heard this combo tell me why you liked or disliked it? If you disliked it, was it too lean or too bassy for you? Thanks!

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #7,073 of 9,825
That works!!! I prefer the newest version! is there any sonic difference between v2 and v3?
As far as we know there are no sonic differences between the two. Campfire didn't mention anything and to our ears they sound like the exact same Andromedas that we've been using for a couple of years now. The only differences are the cable, case, and some slight shape changes to the shell to make it a little more ergonomic.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #7,074 of 9,825
As far as we know there are no sonic differences between the two. Campfire didn't mention anything and to our ears they sound like the exact same Andromedas that we've been using for a couple of years now. The only differences are the cable, case, and some slight shape changes to the shell to make it a little more ergonomic.
Cool! I hope i will love the sound signature!!!

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #7,075 of 9,825
I know a lot of people don’t like the Andromeda with the Mojo, can anybody who has heard this combo tell me why you liked or disliked it? If you disliked it, was it too lean or too bassy for you? Thanks!
Very bassy, kills some sparkle but retains detail. not a terriable sig. just not my prefrance. I bought into the zx300 hype and it was instantly apparent that the mojo was a nogo.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #7,076 of 9,825
Very bassy, kills some sparkle but retains detail. not a terriable sig. just not my prefrance. I bought into the zx300 hype and it was instantly apparent that the mojo was a nogo.
Jesus Christ, if this is bassy, then my Andromedas are definitely going back. The lack of bass paired with the earache-inducing upper mids is brutal. I can’t begin to fathom what these would be like out of a source people consider better matched... I might actually bleed from the ears. Do you know that when I was researching reviews, I found a thread where somebody compared these to HD650?! That’s like comparing a chocolate bar to being stung on the eyeball by a bee. Sadly, the Andromeda is just not for me, I guess...

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #7,077 of 9,825
oh my oh my, i love thissss. Finally an IEM that i love to keep with me ;D Not sure how much people want bass, but this is enough for me because i hate boomy bass since it kills the mids.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #7,078 of 9,825
Almost almost HD800, but not there yet. But this is IEM and this SQ really impressed me <3 definite will keep this!

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #7,079 of 9,825
Almost almost HD800, but not there yet. But this is IEM and this SQ really impressed me <3 definite will keep this!
This is what’s cool about this forum. You’re loving what I hear as a shouty fatigue-monster.

Everybody’s ears are so different. Glad you found a gem for you, even if I found a quick-return for me. Enjoy them!

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #7,080 of 9,825
This is what’s cool about this forum. You’re loving what I hear as a shouty fatigue-monster.

Everybody’s ears are so different. Glad you found a gem for you, even if I found a quick-return for me. Enjoy them!

Haha, that's why it's freaking hard to buy a headphones/earphones. Having 10000+ good reviews still didnt mean that you will enjoy it. Tried kanaspro, dm7, etc which has tonsssss of good reviews, yes they are good but i want soundstage and sound separation. Need it A LOT. Im a hd800 user, i cant go back cramping the soundstage again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back