Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 7, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #4,231 of 9,829
So I got this reply from Campfire:

"The White Andromeda is a limited run only available in HK. I am sorry but we are unable to offer an exchange as we do not stock them. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!" So why is HK SO special more than the US? Go figure. Also how can these not be stocked by Campfire? That means these units in HK are copy imitations? Or they refuse to offer them to the US? Still makes no sense either way. I thought the WHOLE CAMPFIRE slogan was/is:

"Designed and hand built in Portland, Oregon USA."

"Locally Sourced:
Our shells are machined by a good friend Gary at his shop in Medford Oregon, just a short drive south of our workshop."

"Assembled by expert craftspeople. Inspected carefully and paired tightly."

Well apparently all the above is not true; Now apparently they are not any of the above anymore to the US consumers.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #4,232 of 9,829
So I got this reply from Campfire:

"The White Andromeda is a limited run only available in HK. I am sorry but we are unable to offer an exchange as we do not stock them. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!" So why is HK SO special more than the US? Go figure. Also how can these not be stocked by Campfire? That means these units in HK are copy imitations? Or they refuse to offer them to the US? Still makes no sense either way. I thought the WHOLE CAMPFIRE slogan was/is:

"Designed and hand built in Portland, Oregon USA."

"Locally Sourced:
Our shells are machined by a good friend Gary at his shop in Medford Oregon, just a short drive south of our workshop."

"Assembled by expert craftspeople. Inspected carefully and paired tightly."

Well apparently all the above is not true; Now apparently they are not any of the above anymore to the US consumers.

see if u can find a stateside reseller that is willing to pay for 500pcs upfront (like massdrop) in x colour like the hong kong or japan distributors, or if you want to buy 500 pcs in advance then resell it yourself.

it's not just CA who is doing that, most manufacturers do that for foreign markets because their distributors are willing to prepay for large enough quantities to make it worthwhile to the manufacturers.

just to rub salt to the wound ...

https://m.facebook.com/ECTHK/photos...91805270869575/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EHH-R

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #4,233 of 9,829
see if u can find a stateside reseller that is willing to pay for 500pcs upfront (like massdrop) in x colour like the hong kong or japan distributors, or if you want to buy 500 pcs in advance then resell it yourself.

it's not just CA who is doing that, most manufacturers do that for foreign markets because their distributors are willing to prepay for large enough quantities to make it worthwhile to the manufacturers.

https://m.facebook.com/ECTHK/photos...91805270869575/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=EHH-R

Well, that is a Facebook ads campaign and a very special one......
The only one in the world with hand polished, brass or aluminum shell

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #4,234 of 9,829

Bingo. Great post.

If you really want something from another dealer/distributor, where there's a will, there's a way, especially if you're willing to pay!

And man, that gold chrome is hella legit! (I love gold)

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #4,236 of 9,829
TBH I really wish the Andromedas are black or white. The green color is just not my cup of tea

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #4,237 of 9,829
I'm not a fan of the green either. However I spend more time using it than looking at it so it's not a big deal for me.

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #4,238 of 9,829
I personally found the green color pleasing when i handled them. Although, the green paint/coating chips really easily..

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #4,242 of 9,829
PLASTIDIP
Either black or white, will also protect from scuffs :wink:

Plastidip would be impossible to implement to result in a high quality finish or result, would be a total disaster and or mess. If anything a clear coat automotive spray would yield way better results or an enamel spray. :wink: But really, go to Amazon and look up small velvet pouches. Put one of them in that to keep it protected from the other one from banging on it.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #4,243 of 9,829
Here is the Andromeda CK!

DG3IPItUAAAjeYx.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back