Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #4,111 of 9,829
How good are the CA Andromeda still?

The Andromeda is absolutely lovely to me, still - even after all of the new goodies I've listened to.

I heard them and I'm super super impressed by them. But before shelling out the money, is the CA Vega better?

In my opinion, it comes down to preference. Some people like the Vega more and some people like the Andromeda more. I really enjoy both, but to me, the Andromeda has a sound that isn't replicated very well by other in-ears, and is truly special.

How do the offerings of JH Audio and Noble stack up agains the CA Andromeda?

The offerings from JH Audio are very good, but different from the CA lineup. I enjoy their new products - but it would definitely be great/best to get a listen of their products before committing, if you are interested.

Do you guys have comfort issues with the CA Andromeda by any chance?

Yes, mainly fit - this is where tip-rolling is so vital with regards to the housing of the Andromeda, in my experience. I found a good pair of tips (Penon Audio Gray/Red tips) that give me a good Andromeda fit.

And there is no new Andromeda soon to be released? (would be really annoying ofcourse if I would buy one right now and then a few months later a new model gets released)

The current model is so legit in my opinion. At the LA Audio Show (I was next to CA at a booth for a majority of the show) there wasn't specifically a mention of a very soon to be released Andromeda. All in all, in my opinion I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm looking forward to listening to CA's products all over again at CanJam London in a couple of weeks - this time all balanced with CA's Balanced Litz Cable, paired with the Questyle Audio QP2R.

Many thanks for the answers. Maybe soon I will join the Andromeda or Vega club. :)

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4,112 of 9,829
Many thanks for the answers. Maybe soon I will join the Andromeda or Vega club. :)
I've seen you around and it's been fun on the Shure SE846 thread, so it's all gravy (it's all good!)

When you obtain either, let us know, I'll be happy for you!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #4,113 of 9,829
I've seen you around and it's been fun on the Shure SE846 thread, so it's all gravy (it's all good!)

When you obtain either, let us know, I'll be happy for you!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Sure I will. Have a nice weekend yourself also :)

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #4,114 of 9,829
How good are the CA Andromeda still? I heard them and I'm super super impressed by them. But before shelling out the money, is the CA Vega better? How do the offerings of JH Audio and Noble stack up agains the CA Andromeda?

Do you guys have comfort issues with the CA Andromeda by any chance? And there is no new Andromeda soon to be released? (would be really annoying ofcourse if I would buy one right now and then a few months later a new model gets released)

I still consider it a very good earphone regardless of age. It suits my preferences very well and is one of the more balanced earphones I've heard and is without the typical lack of bass (imo at least) that many associate with this type of sound signature.

The stock ear tips suck for me and have to experiment with different tips to get it right. I have no issues with comfort assuming the right tips are found. If you can find a used or b stock andromeda they are an incredible value.

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #4,117 of 9,829
I would love to audition a pair of andromedas, but hesitate because of the 20% restocking fee that CA can place on the return. Anyone who's returned their IEMs had this happen to them?
If you get a pair, you won't send them back... I took the leap last year without auditioning and never once had buyers remorse. My only complaint was I like them so much I needed a iPhone compatible cable with mic and that was handled a few weeks ago

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #4,118 of 9,829
If you get a pair, you won't send them back... I took the leap last year without auditioning and never once had buyers remorse. My only complaint was I like them so much I needed a iPhone compatible cable with mic and that was handled a few weeks ago
I agree. Purchased without audition and quickly purchased the Litz balanced cable that I run out of Opus 1 with no EQ. A little bit of tip changing, settled on JVC spirial dots for the time being and couldn't be more pleased. Actually was fortunate enough to get b-stock at the discount price.

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #4,119 of 9,829
I agree. Purchased without audition and quickly purchased the Litz balanced cable that I run out of Opus 1 with no EQ. A little bit of tip changing, settled on JVC spirial dots for the time being and couldn't be more pleased. Actually was fortunate enough to get b-stock at the discount price.

Same experience here only with the Jupiter and a DP-X1A. I hadn't had the Campfires for more than 24 hours before I ordered the balanced Litz cable. I have Spiral Dots on the way.

My upgrade path is the Andromeda, but I'm loving the Jupiter.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #4,120 of 9,829
Does anyone try Andromeda with Lionheart cable?
with SE wm1a after 350 hour, I am satisfied with Bass impact even with spinfit tips.
Happy to change to balanced out 4.4 since it is very soon oxidised without using :frowning2:

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #4,121 of 9,829
Does anyone try Andromeda with Lionheart cable?
with SE wm1a after 350 hour, I am satisfied with Bass impact even with spinfit tips.
Happy to change to balanced out 4.4 since it is very soon oxidised without using :frowning2:
I only used Andro with Leonidas on WM1A balanced.
So far so good, no oxidation.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #4,124 of 9,829
Low hiss with AMP1 and AMP2. Very good synergy.
Glad to hear it, went to CanJam today and a very nice fella working very hard on the reception desk let me sit down behind the desk and listen to his Andromeda. WOW, I was blown away. Didn't hear any hiss, only awesomeness!! That fella is a real diamond, I owe him my gratitude. Needless to say, came home and placed an order:L3000: just joined the Andromeda club. Just have to wait now and I just can't wait !!!!!

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #4,125 of 9,829
Glad to hear it, went to CanJam today and a very nice fella working very hard on the reception desk let me sit down behind the desk and listen to his Andromeda. WOW, I was blown away. Didn't hear any hiss, only awesomeness!! That fella is a real diamond, I owe him my gratitude. Needless to say, came home and placed an order:L3000: just joined the Andromeda club. Just have to wait now and I just can't wait !!!!!
Congratulations :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back