Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 4, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,051 of 9,829
I see you're using the Symbio eartips, I'm so glad I found those as they've been the best match for me with the Andro. Been really impressed running them SE from the WM1A, am thinking of getting a balanced ALO cable next. Do they improve a lot from WM1A balanced?

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #4,052 of 9,829
Haha that's very cute! Probably too large to put them inside the Campfire Audio case though, but perhaps it's worthwhile looking into a dedicated IEM case/bag like other users have

Most of the time i will just left it plugged into the player. Then use the cute pouch to protect the iem and just put into bag without any case.

Too lazy to take them out of pouch and case then put them back as i use them daily.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #4,053 of 9,829
I see you're using the Symbio eartips, I'm so glad I found those as they've been the best match for me with the Andro. Been really impressed running them SE from the WM1A, am thinking of getting a balanced ALO cable next. Do they improve a lot from WM1A balanced?
Yes i like them a lot as they dont give me the "tunnel" sound like some other tips.

These are Symbio W tips.
Normal Symbio tips i felt gave a more concentrated/focus sound actually more bass. W gives you a more spreaded sound which i am still testing if i like these or old ones more.

Actually 4.4mm balanced itself is already an upgrade in sound without factoring in the cable.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #4,054 of 9,829
Yes i like them a lot as they dont give me the "tunnel" sound like some other tips.

These are Symbio W tips.
Normal Symbio tips i felt gave a more concentrated/focus sound actually more bass. W gives you a more spreaded sound which i am still testing if i like these or old ones more.

Actually 4.4mm balanced itself is already an upgrade in sound without factoring in the cable.

Thanks, I'll pick up a balanced ALO cable. Yeah, I'm using the W tips as well and find they give a good balance and great seal. I haven't tried the normal tips as yet so may give them a go.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #4,055 of 9,829
paXvAdE.jpg

Limited Edition Andromeda(Polished Brass)& Limited Edition Andromeda(Polished Aluminum-Silver Screw)
China only:cry:

Jun 8, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #4,057 of 9,829
paXvAdE.jpg

Limited Edition Andromeda(Polished Brass)& Limited Edition Andromeda(Polished Aluminum-Silver Screw)
China only:cry:
The brass just seems overly gaudy to me. The silver is pretty nice, but like Kev G I prefer the green to be honest

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #4,059 of 9,829
Bit of a strange situation. I have been loaned a pair of Andromeda. They work with my samasung galaxy s6 edge + but for some reason I cant get them to work with my galaxy s8??

Anybody able to help??

Cheers

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #4,061 of 9,829
Ye lol. I use various IEM's and HP's with my s8. At first I thought my 3.5 jack was goners but no, all my other gear works?

It's as though there's a compatability issue?? Why there would be one though I have no idea it's onely a HP jack...

Thanks for input though

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #4,062 of 9,829
Ye lol. I use various IEM's and HP's with my s8. At first I thought my 3.5 jack was goners but no, all my other gear works?

It's as though there's a compatability issue?? Why there would be one though I have no idea it's onely a HP jack...

Thanks for input though
1/2 plug the jack in till you feel resistance of the jack, hold it there. Listen for a click sound from the earpiece. After that fully push it in.

Somehow S8 dont works well with some 3.5mm jacks. Very funny.

I had a S8+ having this detection problem.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #4,063 of 9,829
So push until no longer loose, will the click come through the earphones or a physical sound?

Once click detected, push in fully?

Bizarre.... well on my way to work now so will have to try it when I get home later. Thanks for this! From short listening impressions, the BASS on these is wicked! A few drake tracks punch holes in your ears, will compare the sound to my other IEM's.

Cool looking too. They are a bit scuffed from general use but I imagine new, these must look the s**t.

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #4,064 of 9,829
So push until no longer loose, will the click come through the earphones or a physical sound?

Once click detected, push in fully?

Bizarre.... well on my way to work now so will have to try it when I get home later. Thanks for this! From short listening impressions, the BASS on these is wicked! A few drake tracks punch holes in your ears, will compare the sound to my other IEM's.

Cool looking too. They are a bit scuffed from general use but I imagine new, these must look the s**t.

Its a electronic click coming from the iem.
Its like the phone have detected your 3.5mm jack n sending power through it.

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #4,065 of 9,829
@blazinblazin cheers bro. How do they sound paired with s8? I put trinity kombi tips on them, seem to be a good match, good seal, full solid low end.

The difference from s6 directly to the mojo with these was big, mojo adds weight to the whole spectrum, as though everything comes in fuller with a spacious sound to my ears, from brief impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back