Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 24, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #2,402 of 9,829

In general I would say yes but not too fatigue when boost. 

hmmmm so savant and angie arent your cup of tea. they are not mine also. there are 2 really strong iems atm based on what you are looking for. fidue sirius & campfire audio andromeda. suggest you should demo them, for the sirius, at LMUE at Aldephi Mall while for the Andromeda, either ConnectIt or E1 Personal Audio. you should read alex/vince comparison on the andromeda vs sirius. i feel most of the points made are on point.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2,403 of 9,829

hmmmm so savant and angie arent your cup of tea. they are not mine also. there are 2 really strong iems atm based on what you are looking for. fidue sirius & campfire audio andromeda. suggest you should demo them, for the sirius, at LMUE at Aldephi Mall while for the Andromeda, either ConnectIt or E1 Personal Audio. you should read alex/vince comparison on the andromeda vs sirius. i feel most of the points made are on point.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I will demo both this week and hopefully come to a decision. Thanks.

Happy listening.

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,404 of 9,829
  Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I will demo both this week and hopefully come to a decision. Thanks.

Happy listening.

beerchug.gif

cheers mate

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,406 of 9,829
  Does anyone know if there are any stockist in the UK that carry the Andromeda, so I could listen to it?

Im torn between the Andro and the K10u ...

nope there are no dealers in the uk

https://www.campfireaudio.com/dealers/

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #2,407 of 9,829
So impressions of the Noble Katana are gradually coming in, the general consensus is that bass is less than the K10 and it is more neutral and focused on treble and imaging. Sounds similar to the Andromeda's strength and focus to be honest, only the Andromeda is almost half the price of the Katana. I haven't heard the Katana myself, but unless it is miles better than the Andromeda (which I doubt anything can be at this point), the Andromeda stands to be of extraordinary value. 

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #2,408 of 9,829
So impressions of the Noble Katana are gradually coming in, the general consensus is that bass is less than the K10 and it is more neutral and focused on treble and imaging. Sounds similar to the Andromeda's strength and focus to be honest, only the Andromeda is almost half the price of the Katana. I haven't heard the Katana myself, but unless it is miles better than the Andromeda (which I doubt anything can be at this point), the Andromeda stands to be of extraordinary value. 

Those are my thoughts too. The Noble Savant taught me that less can be more. The Nova, also being a dual BA iem, surprised me with its bassy yet mid forward presentation, especially coming from the Savants. So now I can truly appreciate what is to found in the Andromeda. A masterful approach to a truly reference sound with a touch of musicality at an attractive price point.

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,409 of 9,829
  So impressions of the Noble Katana are gradually coming in, the general consensus is that bass is less than the K10 and it is more neutral and focused on treble and imaging. Sounds similar to the Andromeda's strength and focus to be honest, only the Andromeda is almost half the price of the Katana. I haven't heard the Katana myself, but unless it is miles better than the Andromeda (which I doubt anything can be at this point), the Andromeda stands to be of extraordinary value

I would agree to the "extraordinary value" statement even though $1,099.00 is a lot of money anyway you look at it.  But what I am worry is if Ken come up with some slight cosmetic modifications, calls it mkII and bump the price up by another few hundred dollar.   

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2,410 of 9,829
  I would agree to the "extraordinary value" statement even though $1,099.00 is a lot of money anyway you look at it.  But what I am worry is if Ken come up with some slight cosmetic modifications, calls it mkII and bump the price up by another few hundred dollar.   

Why would that be of worry? 

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,411 of 9,829
Those are my thoughts too. The Noble Savant taught me that less can be more. The Nova, also being a dual BA iem, surprised me with its bassy yet mid forward presentation, especially coming from the Savants. So now I can truly appreciate what is to found in the Andromeda. A masterful approach to a truly reference sound with a touch of musicality at an attractive price point.

Yes, I am almost done with high driver counts.  However, I think two drivers setup is still a touch too thin in the bass department. I am really happy with the five drivers arrangement in the Andromeda.  Even though you cannot call it bass heavy, but the Andromeda's bass is very very resolved and that makes it very enjoyable.  It just pops up when it needs to be, but never bleed into its neighbor.  It doesn't present itself unless being call upon at the right place, space and time. 

Jul 24, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #2,412 of 9,829

Why would that be of worry? 

Not for me as I already gotten mine. It will only be of worry to those on the side line wanting to come in.

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,413 of 9,829

Ken did say there's no mkII andromeda coming, only some minor cosmetic modifications like the 2 facets on the CNC casing. I'd be really disappointed if the next batch IS bumped by in price because it's a 'new variant'. 

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,414 of 9,829
I can confirm the new CNC casing. Ken has already confirmed no andromeda 2. Nothing to worry about. The revision was just a small shell modification. Comfort is great. Not sure how it was before but no problems for me so far

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #2,415 of 9,829
Anyway:
I was highlight here for 2 things need to improve.
A colours need to defined again
B new 3 screwed should replace in future as well.
The rest all are perfectly match for user friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back