Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 22, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,329 of 9,829

I keep my Campfire Audio IEMs in mini socks

You know, if you hang that from the Christmas tree, you would have music for a good month and a half...might keep the tree alive longer, lol.

That is a fabulous addition!

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,330 of 9,829
That's e almost exactly how I hear them - "realistic balanced" is a good descriptor. I can hear the treble as slightly muffled as well, even though my brain can "hear" the detail and clarity in the background. I can really appreciate the craft and technical achievement they put in to getting the sound signature, but just can't "get" the sound enough to make it a long term keeper for me, hence why they are up on the FS boards at the moment (at Massdrop price if anyone here is interested) - they are far too good to sit in a drawer gathering dust, so hoping the next owner can appreciate the sound more than me.

Yup, I think the Novas are a good IEM, but in the long run, they just aren't keepers for me when all things are accounted for. Not like the Supra. While they both are balanced-sounding IEMs, the Nova is almost too thick and rich for my tastes even though the quality is there. And with it's smaller size and luckily perfect "custom-universal" (the term I like to use for shells like the ones on the Supra and InEar's Stagediver series) shells that fit my ears better than any universal shell of that size, it's the overall winning choice in my book over the Nova. The Nova is good, just not quite a keeper in my case. I'll be putting mine up in the FS thread too eventually, though maybe a little cheaper than the original just for how many hours I put in trying to fully determine if it was one to keep or not.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2,331 of 9,829
I like the stock cable a lot more after removing the memory wire. Definitely not for the faint of heart though...
smile.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #2,333 of 9,829
I like the stock cable a lot more after removing the memory wire. Definitely not for the faint of heart though...:smile:  

You must be a surgeon! That takes a steady hand and a lot of patience I'm sure.

I quite like the Litz cables and can only imagine how much more comfortable they are without the wire.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #2,334 of 9,829
You must be a surgeon! That takes a steady hand and a lot of patience I'm sure.

I quite like the Litz cables and can only imagine how much more comfortable they are without the wire.

Not very difficult at all if you take your time.

The full directions to take out memory wire (I took out the Shure SE846 memory wires) are here if you (or anyone) is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723306/review-sensaphonics-custom-sleeves-in-crystal-blue-for-the-shure-se846

Good luck! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #2,335 of 9,829
Keep the wire on the top and slice the insulation by dragging the blade along the memory wire. It was definitely more nerve racking then when I removed the memory wire from my stock Shure cable.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #2,337 of 9,829
Keep the wire on the top and slice the insulation by dragging the blade along the memory wire. It was definitely more nerve racking then when I removed the memory wire from my stock Shure cable.

To make the process easier, I took off the shorter cable (the one that I didn't use) memory wires first, so I could use it as a practice cable before moving onto the longer cable (the one that I use).

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,338 of 9,829
The best type of case would have been something similar to what Adel64 gives with its IEMs..no clashing no paint chipping...

That is true.  I do like my U12 case but the leather case is nice though not as practical as the 64Audio case.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2,339 of 9,829
Received the Andromeda this morning and has been burning it in all day.  Listened to it here and there a few times.  High mid is clean and dynamic but is on the bright side.  It is not sibilant though. I am thinking that it may pair very well with a very good OCC copper litz. The Andromedas are much smaller than depicted in a lot of the pictures here but they are very beautiful and well built.  I love the Emerald Green. 

@ Kino Lau, I think a high quality OCC 99.9999 copper litz in balance will be good for the Andros.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #2,340 of 9,829
  Received the Andromeda this morning and has been burning it in all day.  Listened to it here and there a few times.  High mid is clean and dynamic but is on the bright side.  It is not sibilant though. I am thinking that it may pair very well with a very good OCC copper litz. The Andromedas are much smaller than depicted in a lot of the pictures here but they are very beautiful and well built.  I love the Emerald Green. 

@ Kino Lau, I think a high quality OCC 99.9999 copper litz in balance will be good for the Andros.

ba need burn in?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back