Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #1,067 of 9,829
Head pie sucks

smily_headphones1.gif

"They probably even believe cables make a difference"

I LOL'ed at that one mate. Good one!

May 19, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #1,072 of 9,829
That's what I'm thinking too.

Saving up for my flagship now and I'm wondering if I should go for something I know I'll love (mh334) out be more adventurous (Andromeda).

The mh334 is way richer, thicker and lusher. The andromeda on the other hand, has a more neutral tuned sound, yet not quite so. It's very well balanced, yet one would be deaf not to hear that sweetness and musicality it conveys, I'm not sure how it does that, but it does have some definite colouration despite its mostly balanced sound signature.

Another thing is control. The andromeda has this sense of control in its portrayal of music that few IEMs I've heard have. Yet at times some might find it a tad restrained. This is subjective of course, but make of it what you will :)

May 19, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,073 of 9,829
Incredible review @shigzeo! I notice that you've reviewed several other Campfire IEMs as well. I hope this isn't an unreasonable request but could you compare thr Andromeda to the Lyra? If you can't, it's no problem at all. The Lyra just happens to be my daily driver now and I'm wondering if the Andromeda is worth upgrading to.

I hope it was helpful. I would be happy to add Lyra impressions as well, but I have a few problems: Lyra, along with about half of my audio stuff is in moving boxes (moved my studio) so I need to find it along with a number of favourites. But Andromeda is clearly different to Lyra, different enough that I'd hesitate to call it an upgrade rather than a paradigm shift. The two are different. What you really enjoy and how you enjoy it are most important. 

Most convincing review of the Andromeda thus far.

And most full of ridiculous errors that should never have made it to publish. But thank you.

Anyone here capable of doing a comparison between the Andromeda and the fitear mh334?

The new studio upgrade version of MH334 is great. Heard it only a few minutes, but yeah, pretty different. MH334 has they 'typical' FitEar muscly and super-controlled tight 3D house sound.

They could not be more different

If one was a stop sign and the other an open-faced sandwich, they'd be more different. You may quote me on that. 

May 19, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #1,078 of 9,829
Hi WCD

Do you have any experience with Fitear TO GO 334 against Andromeda?.. Curious to know the difference.

Thanks

Quote:

That's what I'm thinking too.

Saving up for my flagship now and I'm wondering if I should go for something I know I'll love (mh334) out be more adventurous (Andromeda).

The mh334 is way richer, thicker and lusher. The andromeda on the other hand, has a more neutral tuned sound, yet not quite so. It's very well balanced, yet one would be deaf not to hear that sweetness and musicality it conveys, I'm not sure how it does that, but it does have some definite colouration despite its mostly balanced sound signature.

Another thing is control. The andromeda has this sense of control in its portrayal of music that few IEMs I've heard have. Yet at times some might find it a tad restrained. This is subjective of course, but make of it what you will
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #1,080 of 9,829
Are people here able to test the Andromeda with Grimes - Venus fly and also emika - double edge?

Because i don't need bass to be thrown in my face all the time (though my preferred signature is boosted sub bass with a gentle slope down for the mid bass) but if a song called for bass I want BASS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back