Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 13, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #902 of 9,829
Nice review of the Nova.....thanks

Guys I haven't seen anyone mention Fitear 334 here? Does anyone have Andromeda and 334 and can provide some feedback how they compare to each other......334 I think is still considered one of the best BA implemented universal IEMs....!

Thanks

May 13, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #903 of 9,829
Actually after reading your reviews and found that IEM almost sitting on the dirt road surface or rocks, there is broken my heart pain, cause there can easily getting scratches wow
smily_headphones1.gif

I placed it with extreme care, up and down on the vertical only, no side to side motion. :wink:

May 14, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #904 of 9,829
After spending the day listening and comparing Nova and Andromeda with different sources, I have decided to keep the Andromeda and part with my Nova, as it sounds enough like my 1 Plus that I can't see keeping both. As I have also have balanced cables for my 1Plus, it will stay.

Offers?

May 14, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #905 of 9,829
Very interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the ASG-1 Plus. If it is close on tuning to that, this could be a very special sounding IEM for the price (for me, at least).

+1, exactly what I was thinking when reading it. The 1Plus is my all-time favorite IEM's so very curious to hear more details.

Great review and pictures, thanks!

May 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #906 of 9,829
After spending the day listening and comparing Nova and Andromeda with different sources, I have decided to keep the Andromeda and part with my Nova, as it sounds enough like my 1 Plus that I can't see keeping both. As I have also have balanced cables for my 1Plus, it will stay.

Offers?

I'll offer you a question :wink:

Subbass extension on Nova vs 1Plus?

May 14, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #907 of 9,829

Offers?

Nova are on the way for me via MD. I'd love to know the answer to this question, too. If you have the capability to measure both with the same rig, I'd appreciate an FR graph via PM.
:beerchug:

May 14, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #908 of 9,829

Offers?
i second your thoughts with an upgraded cable, asg1plus can become nova.

May 14, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #910 of 9,829
My Andromeda arrived yesterday - very happy with these. Very good bass, nice detail and great soundstage. I am using the large spiral dots which fit me very well - no issues with getting a perfect seal. The new cable is an improvement over the Jupiter's.

May 14, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #911 of 9,829
May 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #913 of 9,829

I think the Nova would get my nod there. Probably more noticeable as the Nova is so much easier driven than the 1 Plus. Overall, both are great all-arounders as they both have dual drivers driven in parallel with no crossover, hence excellent coherency. Also, both have excellent mids which yield superb vocals. I do prefer the better fit and build quality of the Nova. The Nova also comes with a far better cable than the 1 Plus despite the memory wire.

May 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #914 of 9,829
I think the Nova would get my nod there. Probably more noticeable as the Nova is so much easier driven than the 1 Plus. Overall, both are great all-arounders as they both have dual drivers driven in parallel with no crossover, hence excellent coherency. Also, both have excellent mids which yield superb vocals. I do prefer the better fit and build quality of the Nova. The Nova also comes with a far better cable than the 1 Plus despite the memory wire.

Thanks! That was actually not the answer I was expecting, interesting. The 1Plus have the best and deepest subbass of all my IEM's so wasn't expecting the BA's of the Nova to outperform the 14 mm dynamic of the 1Plus in extension. Just goes to show that tuning is everything.

Hmm, kind of regrets not joining the drop now :wink:

May 14, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #915 of 9,829
Thanks for asking peter123, and thanks for the answers HiFlight. As I've mentioned already, I felt all of the CFA IEM sounded great. I know Ken put a lot of time and effort into the lineup to get them just right, and it shows in all aspects from aesthetics to ergonomics to durability to tuning.

Too bad you're not in the US, peter123 or I'd send you Orion and Nova to try out. I'll be heading over to Dublin next spring to visit my daughter on her study abroad trip. Last semester at university spent in Dublin. How'd she get to be so lucky?!? Anyhow, pop on over for a pint or two and we can have a mini meet :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back