Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 13, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #886 of 9,829
Hopefully my Nova review will be up this weekend.

*Trying to apply pressure*

Looking forward to it~ 
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #890 of 9,829
I received my Nova today and am in the process of comparing it to some of my other universals that are close in price to the Nova, such as the AS 1 Plus and Oriveti Primacy. As other have stated, it is warmer than the Orion with more forward mids. Highs seem somewhat more recessed than in the Orion, but that is likely the result of the warmer bass and mids. I doubt that there will be any complaints about it being bass-light! Soundstage and imaging seem to be quite accurate.

As was the case with my Andromeda, none of the included tips provided an optimum seal. At this point, I am using the Large Spinfits which seem to work well for me.

I still find the cable memory wire to be an issue as it rotates when inserting the IEM and takes a lot of fiddling to achieve a comfortable position. It would not be such an issue with a 2-pin connector.

May 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #891 of 9,829
Nearly there on the review, expect more of the same of what you have already read in this thread.

Looking forward to it :)

I received my Nova today and am in the process of comparing it to some of my other universals that are close in price to the Nova, such as the AS 1 Plus and Oriveti Primacy. As other have stated, it is warmer than the Orion with more forward mids. Highs seem somewhat more recessed than in the Orion, but that is likely the result of the warmer bass and mids. I doubt that there will be any complaints about it being bass-light! Soundstage and imaging seem to be quite accurate.

As was the case with my Andromeda, none of the included tips provided an optimum seal. At this point, I am using the Large Spinfits which seem to work well for me.

I still find the cable memory wire to be an issue as it rotates when inserting the IEM and takes a lot of fiddling to achieve a comfortable position. It would not be such an issue with a 2-pin connector.

Thanks for Nova impression, looking forward to hear more comparison. :)

May 13, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #892 of 9,829

Very interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the ASG-1 Plus. If it is close on tuning to that, this could be a very special sounding IEM for the price (for me, at least).

May 13, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #893 of 9,829
An impression as I listen to Mr. Crack - Ciroc (R&B & Hip-Hop, various artists)

Highly resolute, very sufficiently punchy and extremely creamy smooth bass the Andromeda exhibits

How the sound signature of the Andromeda makes me feel

For those that are in or around the Southern California area, there are event series this summer.  Here's the flyer:

More info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016.

I'll be bringing some products this upcoming Sunday (including the Andromeda) if anyone wants to listen to some pretty good sounding equipment as well.

Hope to see all that can make it, there!

May 13, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #894 of 9,829
Very interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the ASG-1 Plus. If it is close on tuning to that, this could be a very special sounding IEM for the price (for me, at least).

I should have some more impression later tomorrow. I have some specific files that I use for amp and headphone testing and will be comparing both with these files. As a preliminary comment, I would suggest there are more similarities than differences.

May 13, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #895 of 9,829
...As was the case with my Andromeda, none of the included tips provided an optimum seal. At this point, I am using the Large Spinfits which seem to work well for me...

Ditto, just so it's not all daisies and gumdrops with my impressions. 
normal_smile .gif
  After trying a plethora of sizes-fit-all tips I have in my stable, the SpinFit tips (small size) work pretty well for me also.  Fit is the only issue for my ears, but once you find a tip that works well, it isn't as much as an issue.  I still have to re-adjust my IEMs from time to time, but overall the fit is sufficient with the SpinFit tips.  

May 13, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #897 of 9,829

Nova review is up.

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/05/campfire-audio-nova-review-expatinjapan.html

Enjoy

kind regards
expat

"I think it is excellent as an IEM, but when I have the Andromeda sitting here I can easily hear who comes out in top. But that is an unfair comparison in terms of price and performance."

most important statement in the review
tongue.gif

May 13, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #898 of 9,829
"I think it is excellent as an IEM, but when I have the Andromeda sitting here I can easily hear who comes out in top. But that is an unfair comparison in terms of price and performance."

most important statement in the review :p

Hmm best on what do you pay for this, the most an expensive should do the best of the best.

Now I was realized who ever has forgotten what's the Jupiter sitting on :p

May 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #899 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back