Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 11, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #766 of 9,829
Lord help me, I just joined the Nova drop
evil_smiley.gif

You want it and you know it!

May 11, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #768 of 9,829
Like some of the members in here waiting for these new CA models to be compared to the similarly priced IEMs, I'm on the same boat as well....still holding
biggrin.gif

I'm intrigued by the new Noble classic line especially the Django and Dulce Bass models. Lack of any impressions or news maybe due to the fact they are not officially launched as yet and more importantly some comparisons with Nova and Andromeda would be nice.... maybe it will happen soon!

May 11, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #769 of 9,829

I here you on Massdrop, I emailed on Saturday about shipping carriers to Canada and haven't heard back except for an instant reply.

Thanks to everyone who has given their impressions on the Nova.

They replied back. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything to help with my issue. They didn't pinpoint why they won't ship the item here but mentioned some possible reasons like a country's prohibition on some items, etc. I guess I have to resort to my 2nd to the last option (last option FLC8s); ship the item to my brother in UAE then he will send me once it arrive. I'm still wondering why they can't ship here, because Qatar and UAE are just neighbors. Anyway, I hope I'll get my Nova soon enough.

By the way, for you guys who have experience ordering from Massdrop, about how long does it usually take for the item to arrive? I know it depends on the country, I just want to know how long it took yours. Thanks to anyone who has answers. ^_^

May 11, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #770 of 9,829

They replied back. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything to help with my issue. They didn't pinpoint why they won't ship the item here but mentioned some possible reasons like a country's prohibition on some items, etc. I guess I have to resort to my 2nd to the last option (last option FLC8s); ship the item to my brother in UAE then he will send me once it arrive. I'm still wondering why they can't ship here, because Qatar and UAE are just neighbors. Anyway, I hope I'll get my Nova soon enough.

By the way, for you guys who have experience ordering from Massdrop, about how long does it usually take for the item to arrive? I know it depends on the country, I just want to know how long it took yours. Thanks to anyone who has answers. ^_^

My last TH-X00 drop arrived around 4 weeks to Indonesia, which is further than UAE I guess and that includes slow custom process in my country. You can also use third-party forwarder like Shipito or Hopshopgo to see if they could send straight to your country. Personally, for this drop, I'll use Shipito to see if I could retrieve it sooner (although more expensive). Good luck! :) 

May 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #771 of 9,829

Massdrop isn't known for their speed...once the item is actually shipped it gets to you quite rapidly. However it's the time it takes to prepare the shipment that is the problem. Remember...massdrop has to receive the item from the manufacturer, sort it all out for each buyer and then send.. Takes a while sometimes.

May 11, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #772 of 9,829
  My last TH-X00 drop arrived around 4 weeks to Indonesia, which is further than UAE I guess and that includes slow custom process in my country. You can also use third-party forwarder like Shipito or Hopshopgo to see if they could send straight to your country. Personally, for this drop, I'll use Shipito to see if I could retrieve it sooner (although more expensive). Good luck! :) 

I've already contacted my brother since he has some things he need to send here also. I'm not quite familiar about forwarding and to avoid more headache and confusion, I'll just choose to send it to my brother. Good luck to you also. I hope you get yours soon without any problems. Thanks!

Massdrop isn't known for their speed...once the item is actually shipped it gets to you quite rapidly. However it's the time it takes to prepare the shipment that is the problem. Remember...massdrop has to receive the item from the manufacturer, sort it all out for each buyer and then send.. Takes a while sometimes.

May 30th is the estimated date of shipping. I guess it's plus or minus that date. I hope it won't be delayed way beyond that. Also, I was in the presumption that they already have the items and just have to ship after finalizing everything (final drop date, sorting orders, etc). Are you certain that they still have to get them from CA?

May 11, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #773 of 9,829
Are you certain that they still have to get them from CA?
[/quote]

No but usually that is the case. They are usually good about meeting the shipping date but it's never a definite thing. And the shipping date is a big delay on its own. Every drop I've been a part of they have received the item AFTER the drop, which makes since so they know how many to order.

May 11, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #774 of 9,829
Are you certain that they still have to get them from CA?

No but usually that is the case. They are usually good about meeting the shipping date but it's never a definite thing. And the shipping date is a big delay on its own. Every drop I've been a part of they have received the item AFTER the drop, which makes since so they know how many to order.[/quote]

Thanks man. I will keep that in mind. Anyway, I'm used to wait for long time or delayed shipments because of Aliexpress. Hehe. Thanks again! 

May 11, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #777 of 9,829
  Just joined the drop on massdrop. Hopefully it will be a good spare to my Asg-1plus! Hmm.. or should i just go for the hulk?

If you have the budget then definitely you have to take on the hulk! Not necessarily jumping on the hype, just look back at all the sweet comments for Andromeda being compared to other top IEMs in the market. That for sure means something. If only I can afford right now, I'll order them right away.

May 11, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #778 of 9,829
I am concerned about the recession in the upper mids (around 3k) for the Nova. Can anybody confirm if it's an issue? I fear that it may remove some of the excitement and energy from the music and vocals in particular. 

May 11, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #780 of 9,829
  I am concerned about the recession in the upper mids (around 3k) for the Nova. Can anybody confirm if it's an issue? I fear that it may remove some of the excitement and energy from the music and vocals in particular. 

dB        amplitude ratio
 0                    1
-3                0.708
-6                0.502 

3dB down is enough for trained ears to detect it without direct AB comparison, 6dB down should be pretty obvious to anyone with sharp ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back