Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 10, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #721 of 9,829
Yeah, sorry about that.

I am getting messages and requests etc about the Nova and how it sounds.

People are wanting to hear more about the Nova before the massdrop etc ends.

I have written that these are quick impressions, nothing more. I do feel they fall short of what I would rather write, a consistent review. But as I seem to be the only one in possession of a pair I am trying to shoot out a few rusty thoughts.

The Nova is not a $200-300 IEM, nor is it in the $700 plus bracket.

I think it is excellent as an IEM, but when I have the Andromeda sitting here I can easily hear who comes out in top.

It is a quality IEM, build is great and sound is good. If it is in your price range I think one would be happy with the purchase.

It doesnt seem to have a V shape as such and one can also customize the sound slightly with tips.

But no matter what I write people are buying blind and may find it suits, or doesnt suit their Dap or align with their music collection.

Regards

Ha! Do you feel the pressure on your shoulders? :wink:

Anyways, thanks for clarifying.

May 10, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #722 of 9,829
You
Yeah, sorry about that.

I am getting messages and requests etc about the Nova and how it sounds.

People are wanting to hear more about the Nova before the massdrop etc ends.

I have written that these are quick impressions, nothing more. I do feel they fall short of what I would rather write, a consistent review. But as I seem to be the only one in possession of a pair I am trying to shoot out a few rusty thoughts.

The Nova is not a $200-300 IEM, nor is it in the $700 plus bracket.

I think it is excellent as an IEM, but when I have the Andromeda sitting here I can easily hear who comes out in top.

It is a quality IEM, build is great and sound is good. If it is in your price range I think one would be happy with the purchase.

It doesnt seem to have a V shape as such and one can also customize the sound slightly with tips.

But no matter what I write people are buying blind and may find it suits, or doesnt suit their Dap or align with their music collection.

Regards

Your thoughts and permutations have been IMMENSELY helpful. I use Comply's mostly and am glad you have done your homework with all types of tips for all kinds of musical tastes. You have been more than generous with your responses to everyone.

Many thanks again! Cheers.

May 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #723 of 9,829
I second that.

May 10, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #724 of 9,829
It does seem a bit of a shame to give one person both the (near) entry level model and the topest tier model, as it would obviously be hard to stay unbiased towards the higher model. But your impressions have been helpful to me and I thank you very much for giving them :)

Can you possibly compare them to similar models such as the Westone UM Pro 30s?

May 10, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #728 of 9,829
I much prefer the other type of foams that campfire provides as compared to comply sonically. The foams that he supplies take the highs down very very slightly, just a slightl smoothening. Comply's just destroy all the highs haha.

May 10, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #729 of 9,829
I much prefer the other type of foams that campfire provides as compared to comply sonically. The foams that he supplies take the highs down very very slightly, just a slightl smoothening. Comply's just destroy all the highs haha.

the wax guard of Tx series is to blame, I think. The other type of foam tips they(CFA) provide has no brand name. Chinese products? I dunno. 

May 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #733 of 9,829
Is there some sort of trick to getting the compy tips on? I'm having a very hard time getting them all the way on - and an even harder time getting them off without destroying them!  I've used comply tips on many other phones, but the 400 series tips seems just a bit undersized for these nozzles. 

May 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #734 of 9,829
Comply foam > spinfit > normal rubber eartips

Relative to your ear anatomy, maybe
wink.gif
  For me personally, spinfits are the worst - no seal and hardly any isolation due to a soft cap (even with the largest size), and I can't stand comply tips because of a wait time to expand (I like earpieces quickly in'n'out of my ears).  Plus with foam tips you have to squeeze them before inserting and with Andromeda I want to control the depth of the insertion so these doesn't work for me.  I also can't insert any double/triple flange eartips, so only stuck with wide firm cap silicone eartips.  Again, PURELY subjective preference which is heavily based on our ear anatomy
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #735 of 9,829
Boy oh boy even though i lost my Jupiters and orig AK 100II, Friday I received my Andromeda's joined the Massdrop for Novas and today I received my AK 320. All in all feels like Xmas. Nothing is broken in I had my buddy load the AK with some high rez and some flac files converted in his Antipodes DX. The two together AK and Andromeda grab bass and hold it tight very tight. The mids are silky smooth, this is heavenly. If this gets better in time I'm happy. They remind me of my Vapor Audio Joule speakers and that is high praise.
I guess my JH Audio Roxanne series I will retire to Audiogon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back