Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #8,476 of 9,825
Mines quiet too, no hiss. Are you running balanced or SE Arftech.

I know I'm going to get hate mail, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Asking how a ear/head-phone runs balanced without referencing a particular amp or dap is like asking someone what grade gasoline he uses --- without knowing anything about vehicle or engine type.

Dec 11, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #8,477 of 9,825
Thanks for the info! So far with the stock cable, I‘ve only been able to match the Andros properly with my Fiio q5s + THX amp module. With the TA-ZH1ES and DMP-Z1 they sound really anaemic. I’m assuming their output impedance is too high. WM1Z was better, but the Q5S sounds best. Full bodied, airy and detailed. Improved further with the balanced cable which surprised me because I thought balanced would have a higher impedance?

I’ll try WM1Z with the M9 cable and report back :)

Assuming the setup you’re using is similar/same as M11 Pro which I think it is, I’ve listened to it before with my OG and really liked the sound as well out of SE. Exactly as you describe it.

Hey, what cable is this please?

Stock Sony M9 balanced 4.4mm cable.

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #8,478 of 9,825
34A001A8-A53B-4595-8146-8BB0D92CB96C.jpeg

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #8,479 of 9,825
I know I'm going to get hate mail, but it's a pet peeve of mine. Asking how a ear/head-phone runs balanced without referencing a particular amp or dap is like asking someone what grade gasoline he uses --- without knowing anything about vehicle or engine type.
No hate, it was discussed a little earlier on. We use the same player

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #8,482 of 9,825
solarisSE1.jpg
Some pretty seriously good sounding and good looking IEMs, thanks Campfire!

Dec 13, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #8,487 of 9,825
Initial impressions? Comparisons to your current lineup?

I've only spent about 8 hours or so listening to them, so it is a little early for really meaningful impressions, but I'll say that their sound is certainly as good as any other IEMs in my current lineup.

Some people have talked about the similarities between them and the LX, but I think that they offer a cleaner, airier presentation, while the LX offers a warmer more analytical sound. The Solaris have bass enough to enjoy genres that need it (rap, edm...etc), but they also have the mid-range to enjoy vocals and guitars. The sound stage is very wide while still having good instrumental positioning, timbre, and detail.

The Andromeda was the first audiophile IEM that wowed me and this Solaris is equally impressive with its first impression. I have heard, but do not own the OG Solaris, so I will not try to compare it. This is an IEM that you could hand anyone and they would be impressed by it.

Dec 13, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #8,489 of 9,825
Dec 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #8,490 of 9,825
Well its hard to say.

what dap a person uses, what music tastes they have, tips etc will all make a difference in user experience.

No matter what i write - you’d still be basically buying blind. (Being a limited edition release). Good thing is it is probably easily to resell if ifs not your taste.

i posted the c/2019 q4 freq chart - its sister release and i suspect the MW10 might follow its tuning. Flat on paper - but reference, neutral and evenly balanced over all. Not a wall of sound as one might expect. But dynamic, decent distinct separation, wide sound stage and great detailing and imaging are present etc etc

It might be difficult to purchase as its looking to be a mainly Japan release anyway.

i just lent it to another local reviewer to get another opinion.

i like it and i miss it.

if you are happy with the Andro then stick with that. Its the easiest option.

—————————————

Basically what i said in the above link is easiest:

Andromeda Green - Nice treble.
V1 slight v,
V3 a tad more mids.

Andromeda S - (I have not heard it, reports say more mids?) @candlejack haaalp please.

Andromeda Gold - boost in the lows or moar bass.

Andromeda MW10 - more of an even sound, tighter low end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back