1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572
Next

Last
  1. ecodr
    Is this a private invitation only sale?

2. Jackpot77
    Nope. Link here:

https://aloaudio.deals/cables/

There are some sweet reductions on CA IEMs on site as well.

3. ecodr
    thanks for that.

Does anyone know what size jack plug the mini cables are?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. gc335
    Thanks a lot for sharing. I picked up two cables!

5. Jackpot77
    Five cables (2 x silver, 2 x SPC and one Ref 8, all balanced) and two interconnects. At $60 shipping to the UK, thought I may as well make the most of it. :wink:

Colors and gc335 like this.
  6. kdphan
    Do I need more cables? NOPE
    Should I buy more cables? YES!

I don't even have any IEMs that are mmcx.

:ksc75smile:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    fokta, cr3ativ3 and SpeleoFool like this.
  7. SpeleoFool
    "Mini" appears to mean 3.5mm TRS, mostly, though there's one that's optical. The "balanced mini to mini" description page explicitly mentions 2.5 TRRS. I picked up a pile of these to go in the "adapter pouch" as well as a few extra balanced IEM cables, because why not?

8. cr3ativ3
    maybe you have one in future ! :D :D :D

9. ecodr
    my order of $400 just gone in and to think I was looking to buy at full retail last week!

10. ecodr
    I will probably get lynched for asking this but how many people still listen to music off their phones?

the convenience of the phone with music is holding me back getting a DAP, plus it’s just another item to carry and a lot of the stuff I listen to I doubt hi-res versions exist.

my current set up is Comet, Fiio A3 and iPhone XS.

golds have just arrived but may now send them back as they were intended to partner a Sony DAP.

JM1979 likes this.
  11. JM1979
    I use my phone (iPhone XS). Convenience and storage are the main reasons. For mobile i use it with a DragonFly Red or Mojo. I even hook it up to my mScaler/TT2 for my home set up.

My ‘mobile’ use is typically on a plane or just sitting on the couch, so the dongle set up isn’t really a problem.

KingCharizard likes this.
  12. Rusty48
    Yep, iPhone 7 with an Orb connector. Keep the golds and ditch the comets. Just my 2c worth...

cr3ativ3, JM1979 and KingCharizard like this.
  13. KingCharizard
    The Andromeda is easily driven and, from experience with the OG and S, sounds good out of pretty much anything with a reasonably low output impedance. I've used mine out of my iFi micro BL, but also out of my old iPhone 6, my laptop jack, and now mostly a Radsone ES100 - all don't sound identical, but all do sound good. I've only briefly heard the SE Gold, but I suspect it will also sound good out of most sources. Just because CA used a Sony DAP when tuning the IEM doesn't mean it was "intended" for one - good gear will often sound good out of many sources.

You bought it, give it a shot with what you have - if you're happy, then you know you have a keeper! And it's totally fine not to have the consensus "ideal" source for a product. You might well be happy using the SE Gold out of your phone for now, and can always choose to upgrade in the future (or not). Take your time and trust your ears, hope you enjoy it :)

DunkFealer, JM1979 and knopi like this.
  14. Ghisy
    Oh man, I wanted the Pure Silver IEM cable 2.5mm balanced but it's sold out :frowning2:

Anyone got an extra one? :p

15. areek
    Guys, looking into sub 500$ dap deals during this black friday/cyber monday as a pairing for the andromda. It doesn't have to be streaming dap, as my priorities are sound quality and functionality as usb dac. Please suggest some. Thank you.

First

Back
552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561
563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572
Next

Last