Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #8,386 of 9,829
solaris.png

Has anyone seen the new Solaris? Haven't caught up with this in a while, are there any new features to it? Don't think the nozzle changed, so I 't think comfort will be the same compared to the original Solaris.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #8,388 of 9,829
Well I just impulsively bought those Solaris, will report soon!

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #8,389 of 9,829
Well I just impulsively bought those Solaris, will report soon!

That was a quick decision!
Please do give us your thoughts soon. I love my Solaris but the fit sometimes bugs me. If there's not a massively noticeable difference between the two then I might not drop 2000 on these...

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #8,390 of 9,829
Yeah, just saw that! Curious to get the scoop on any sonic differences between "artist fit" (deeper insertion) and "audiophile fit" (shallow insertion; previously the only option for Equinox).

I asked Campfire about stem length @ CanJam SoCal--I have Noble K10 customs with a deep stem and love the isolation and secure fit, and I was concerned about fit and isolation of Equinox. They said the shorter stem length is better for preserving high frequencies. But that was re: Equinox, and it was before I had my own Campfires + familiarity with their sound signatures. Not sure if BAs make a difference or if they might do any in-house tuning to compensate for stem-length (they are custom, after all).

Anyway, that's not much to go on, but it's as much as I (think I) know for now. They've got my attention--now which fit to choose?

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #8,391 of 9,829
Please do give us your thoughts soon. I love my Solaris but the fit sometimes bugs me. If there's not a massively noticeable difference between the two then I might not drop 2000 on these...

I missed the Andromeda Gold and I really liked them, I also hated the fit of the Solaris, but we’ll see. I mean they look so cool! I’ll let everyone know how they stack up.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #8,392 of 9,829

just spoke with Campfire, the Solaris Special Edition has the same fit as the og Solaris which is a bummer

Nov 21, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #8,393 of 9,829
Does anyone know if Andromeda MW10 will be sold in the USA? It wasn’t announced today, so maybe not...

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #8,397 of 9,829
What’s everyone termination preference balanced of 3.5?

Balanced 3.5 mm isn't a good choice and is very risky. If anyone plugs an unbalanced 3.5mm cable into a balanced 3.5mm output (which is extremely likely) they can destroy one or both devices.

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #8,398 of 9,829
Balanced 3.5 mm isn't a good choice and is very risky. If anyone plugs an unbalanced 3.5mm cable into a balanced 3.5mm output (which is extremely likely) they can destroy one or both devices.
I suspect he meant balanced *or* 3.5 (single-ended).

I wonder the same. I have balanced DAPs, but haven't run such a sensitive IEM balanced. I wonder about the hiss...

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #8,400 of 9,829
I suspect he meant balanced *or* 3.5 (single-ended).

I wonder the same. I have balanced DAPs, but haven't run such a sensitive IEM balanced. I wonder about the hiss...
I have the an AK380 that I only listen to the Golds through the balanced 2.5 connection - it is dead silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back