Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #8,358 of 9,825
Compared to the blue ones ? :D
Still working on that.

its only been a few days. Gold was easier to work out.

Blue seems a bit more mysterious.
Sorry for any delay.
its not an easy one to describe - like the Gold or Green.

i need to cable roll litz, smokey litz and Superlitz with green, gold and blue at one time with a switcher box to get to the matter i think.

green gold blue - all with litz
Green gold blue - all with smokey
Green gold blue - all with superlitz
Green/litz, gold/smokey, blue/superlitz

I did rush forth and responded to requests for comparisons between Andromeda green and V1 and V3..a while back...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...romeda-and-nova.805107/page-465#post-14958219

:)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #8,359 of 9,825
Custom tips for the Andromeda :D

https://soundperfectionreviews.com/review-custom-art-custom-iem-eartips/

DSC_5870.JPG

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #8,364 of 9,825

I use these little things.

(I did search for bags of the stuff, but couldnt locate the right stuff locally or amazon jp at the time.)

they can also be re-dried (in a microwave) and reused
I think that is a jar with a silaca gel pod in the bottom, am I right?
I got hold of silica gels from camera shops. Planning to use a sealing container with these in the bottom.
I was confused about using electronic dehumidifiers so decided against them.

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #8,366 of 9,825
Well after some dithering I finally made a purchase and bought the Comet and the Gold. Listened to a pair of V2 Andromeda’s against a pair of SE846s last year and the CAs were amazing. Couple of initial questions has anyone upgraded the cable on their Golds to either the Thor Silver 2 or the ALOaudio SXC8, if so what’s the verdict of the stock cable?

And same Q on the Comet anyone upgraded the cable?

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #8,367 of 9,825
Well after some dithering I finally made a purchase and bought the Comet and the Gold. Listened to a pair of V2 Andromeda’s against a pair of SE846s last year and the CAs were amazing. Couple of initial questions has anyone upgraded the cable on their Golds to either the Thor Silver 2 or the ALOaudio SXC8, if so what’s the verdict of the stock cable?

There has been discussion here about the SXC8 with the golds. Positive comments. Have not tried them myself, but it’s on my list along with custom tips at some point. I’m taking a break on audio spending as my credit card is on fire at the moment.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #8,368 of 9,825

I went through the same thoughts when I bought my Golds but resisted the urge to upgrade the cable when I realised the SCX8 is heavier and doesn’t have the ear loops that help make the Andromeda Golds so comfortable. The SCX8 may have deeper bass than the smoky litz, but I really like the consistent sq from bass to treble and didn’t (still don’t) want to upset that balance. The smoky litz may not have the final 1% of bass extension but what it already has is superb, with bass resolution far better than the Andromeda v.2. These are excellent iem’s, with by far the best sound quality I’ve heard this side of a 20k+ hifi system and, as they say, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

Nov 20, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #8,370 of 9,825
But if it is more heavier then that’s probably a no go.
How about microphonic? Do you like noise in your music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back