1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556
558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567
Next

Last
  1. Colors
    WM1A/Z are great DAP pairing for the Andros.

2. Colors
    It’s an Andro thread. Of course people will praise Andro here.

I liked the Solaris a lot (had rly nice holographic imaging), but the shell is omega bulky and fits awkwardly. Hopefully they make a smaller version with the new edition and focus on a closer to ear fit.

candlejack and ceeloChamp like this.
  3. mysticstryk
    What's this about a new Solaris? Personally the Solaris is the best IEM I've ever heard, beating out even many totl full sized headphones.

If it wasn't for the garbage fit (way too big) I would own one. IEMs is one area where I think comfort needs to be just as important as sound quality. It's irresponsible (IMO) to design an IEM at $1,500 with such a terrible fit/comfort.

My Vegas on the other hand are super comfy and the Andros were okay (I tried v1 which was the least comfortable of the revisions).

Aslshark likes this.
  4. ceeloChamp
    Speaking of, what's all this talk of another Andromeda and/or Solaris special edition? Is there actually any news about this now, or is it speculation?

5. ExpatinJapan
    Speculation and idle gossip i am guessing...

...hol’ up...!

0FB1F1A2-A517-4074-AFAC-A1610F1D9584.jpeg

Andromeda MW10.

ANDROMEDA – MW10 is a 10th anniversary special tuning model of Mix Wave, ALO audio.

Housing material: Anodized aluminum housing
    Driver: Balanced armature type
    Number of drivers: 5 Drivers
    Technology: TAEC, 3D Printed Ceramic Acoustic Chamber

—————————————-

C / 2019 Q4 Overview:
    Housing material: Anodized aluminum housing
    Driver: Balanced armature type
    Number of drivers: 3 Drivers
    Technology: TAEC, 3D Printed Acoustic Chamber

——————————————
    Mixwave
    adopts acoustic chamber molded by ALO audio 10th anniversary special model 3D printer
    Japan and USA limited sale
    Strato Blue anodized aluminum case
    ALO Audio Smoky Litz Cable will be attached
    Silver zipper premium leather case

[​IMG]

*in other news i saw a photo of the upcoming Solaris. Gorgeous!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    ceeloChamp likes this.
  6. TooPoorForHiFi
    :milk:

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  7. ExpatinJapan
    Aslshark and Colors like this.
  8. GarageBoy
    Interesting, so they went with the old nozzle

9. ExpatinJapan
    One important difference:

‘Technology: TAEC, 3D Printed Ceramic Acoustic Chamber’

10. Jackpot77
    Any initial opinions on the sonic difference the ceramic chamber (or any other tweaks) makes?

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  11. ExpatinJapan
    PM sent

12. Hanesu
    I heard the blue Mixwave Andromeda for some minutes at the Tokyo Headphone Festival and used to own the original green Andromedas. Please take my impressions with a grain of salt since this is really only based on memory, but I had the feeling the blue Andromeda sounded (even) slightly cleaner, airier and with better instrument separation than the original Andromeda, maybe due to slightly less midbass/lower mids (?)
    I am not 100% sure though, because I could not listen to them with my own music and player (but music and player that the Campfire staff gave to me, instead) and did not have much time to compare.

Still prefer the look of the green original color, but what I heard I really liked! :)
    Looking forward to some detailed impressions of people who could get them - to see whether my first impressions were right.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Colors likes this.
  13. areek
  14. ExpatinJapan
    still listening, thinking, cable swapping and comparing to other Andromedas at the moment

:)

A1CCE083-360D-40A2-A9CD-7C1A7A057806.jpeg

Aslshark and Colors like this.
  15. cr3ativ3
    Also to the gold ?

First

Back
547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556
558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567
Next

Last