1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522
524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533
Next

Last
  1. virt
    I would somewhat agree to this, although I have nothing to back it up. I bought my 1A and subsequent ZX300 when I first wanted better equipment when I haven't had the opportunity to try out other manufacturer's DAPs.
    I ended up trying AK's SP1000 and SP1000M just 2 weeks ago and I have to say I feel like both of them blew my Sony DAPs out of the water. (All on unbalanced 3.5mm)
    But yea I'm using my Hugo 2 right now to most of the listening and I have to say, I think it sounds the best on there.

ILyaX likes this.
  2. DunkFealer
    #345 over here!

rodel808 likes this.
  3. BeerNuts
    You want even more nuts... if I pop the solaris onto the 3.5 smoke cable and play at 3.5 its not quite as noticeable. The ando is like being slapped across the face. I will be very curious to hear your feedback come Monday.

Tried low gain as well actually. If i go up to 28 (low gain) on volume its not veiled and if you didn't know any better you would say sure this is great! But i do know better, because i have only ever used the 4.4. So i pause the song that i thought was OK, swap cables again (50th time lol) and pop into the 4.4. Suddenly again it is like KABOOM stupidly better. Like really really stupidly better. Crap tons more bass that lasts longer, more everything. I actually have to use volume 12-14 on the 4.4 HG which is low for my normal solaris play.

I keep using my 4.4 to 3.5 adapter to test without cable swap, and each time i say you know i think maybe it magically fixed its self this isnt so bad i think it sounds better than before (also just because i changed albums). Then I go ok time to go back to the 4.4. Son of a! I mean i remember everyone saying to use the 4.4 with the green andros which is why i bought the 4.4 to being with but i didn't remember this.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  4. NewEve
    If you have the high gain setting your ZX300 is uncapped as far I remember.

5. BeerNuts
    As far as i knew the volume cap was only for volume not for power output. To keep people from going deaf. Even at low gain I stop at 28, I don't know how some people do it. Right now I am at 11 on the HG 4.4. Still tons of room to run even with caps if i had them. I feel the issue some how has to do with the specific power/ohm output of the 3.5 on my zx300.

I bought a 3.5 to 4.4 adapter on amazon so I am going to get to the bottom of all of this on Sunday.

I will say that to anyone that doesn't have the zx300 or doesn't care about the 3.5 on your zx300 you can ignore my issues. It's a very specific problem don't let it stop you from a purchase. They are totally fine with a iphone 3.5 to lighting adapter as well.

I have about 3 hours of listening on them now and if i stay on the 4.4 they are like lighting in a bottle. There is no way in hell they are only going to make 1k of these. Sure 1k in the black/gold but they will for sure make more in some standard color at a later date. They are stupidly nice which you would expect for the price. Gonna be a great 15 days before i have to figure out to send them back or not for sure.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    NewEve likes this.
  6. NewEve
    DELETED

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  7. NewEve
    Very good to know :)

8. koven Contributor
    A few hours w/ the Gold so far and it is basically what I expected, OG signature w/ stronger bass. It hits pretty hard for BA. Been comparing it w/ the VX back and forth. Using AK380 and no hiss w/ Gold.

Rockwell75, rodel808 and BeerNuts like this.
  9. Ryokan
    Listening with Andro's through ZX300 very happy, can't notice any hiss.

10. Ryokan
    After reading so much praise for the Hugo2 I demo'ed one thinking it would easily out perform my Opus#2 on it's own. I kept A-B'ing but just couldn't hear a difference, I concluded both were equally as good. The optic cable was a budget one, maybe that was part of the reason? :confused:

I posted my findings on the Hugo2 thread but no one had an answer.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. virt
    I haven't heard the latter so I can't exactly give a good response, but I tried my current Hugo 2 under usb output, which is through a usb chain (micro usb to usb, usb-f to usb-c) connected to my S10+ at the time. Maybe I haven't heard any better, but it was better than the Mojo I had for 2 years by a mile. So I decided to pick it up and I haven't regretted it.

12. shadow_shooter
    I've just placed an order for GE and will arrive on Monday. I've got pure silver and bal ref8 cables so I may try them instead of cheapo smoky litz cable. I'm interested if this'd make any difference. I've had Atlas and OG Andromeda but they've been stolen lately... I still may order Atlas as I don't expect gold andos to fulfill bass bucket when called for.

13. robulation
    Stolen?!? As in, really stolen?... or borrowed by someone and not given back? Or children taken them? Ha! Do tell!

14. Ryokan

We can only go by what we hear. :thumbsup:

virt likes this.
  15. Rockwell75
    Any VX/Andro Gold comparisons you could offer would be very helpful :)

First

Back
513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522
524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533
Next

Last