1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500
Next

Last
  1. HarlanDraka81
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. ostewart
    I've just done a quick A/B test between my Pixel 3a phone and my Audio Opus #2 with the same track, and yeah there's a big difference. Pixel 3a sounds a little thin and slightly harsh, Opus #2 is more refined and full bodied.

I don't know the output impedance of the Pixel, but the Opus #2 is 2 Ohms.

Adromeda's are still one of my top favourite IEM's, and I also tested against the SE846 today which I have always personally found to lack cohesion and sound a little harsh in the upper midrange.

Personal opinion of course, but the Andromeda is end game for a lot of people, even though I have my 64 Audio A6t's I would still love to own a pair of Andromeda's with custom silicone tips.

3. Colors
    Seems like I got my third Andromeda (new this time).

Hoping for good results :)

dr cornelius and M3NTAL like this.
  4. Caruryn
    I'd love to see them reviewing Solaris and giving them a 2 star review.They will have buses with angry headfier owners camping outside uk headquarters waiting for them to sneak out:sweat_smile:.

Mirimar likes this.
  5. candlejack
    Why would anyone care? Or are you the type who wears the included CA pin with pride? :)

Mirimar likes this.
  6. Caruryn
    Couldn't care less.Too busy enjoying life.

Mirimar and candlejack like this.
  7. Mirimar
    Hadn’t even crossed my mind to wear the CA pin but after reading this review I think I’ll start wearing it in protest, because to not wear it now would “lack cohesion” :p

Aslshark, candlejack, KEV G and 2 others like this.
  8. theveterans
    F9765894-682F-48E1-AE7C-907D09BD4EC0.jpeg Now wearing my Campfire Audio Andromeda pin as a protest for lacking cohesion!

Mirimar and Caruryn like this.
  9. twiceboss
    I tried fully clamped ksc75 and that kind of sound that i love. Any iem has that sound?

Haha maybe that is impossible but ill be getting isine20

10. dr cornelius
    I think that's the most negative Andromeda review I've seen. I'm new to these IEM's - I just got a pair last week. My guess is that they didn't take the time to find the correct tips, for a good fit. I'm still looking for the right ones for myself, and I've noticed a very different sound, depending on how the tips fit. Either no bass, or too much - but I can tell that there's potential there, I just have to find the right combo for my ears/taste. Also, the fact that they preferred the 846 over the Andromeda, says a lot too..

BTW, does anyone know of a good tip that's similar the the Campfire tips, but between the Medium and Small in size? Thx!

11. BananaOoyoo
    If that’s how they feel about the Andromeda, I wonder what they think of CA’s other IEMs. To me, Andromeda/Andromeda S is still the best IEM Campfire’s produced to date.

Colors likes this.
  12. Mirimar
    candlejack and phiemon like this.
  13. dr cornelius
  14. Colors
    Atlas is good too if you like that kind of sound signature. I also really like the Orion. It’s a keeper for me.

BananaOoyoo likes this.
  15. BananaOoyoo
    Tried them both! (And every other CA IEM outside the original Lyra and Equinox)

I think the Orion is solid, especially at the $100-200 range it’s available at these days. I hate, hate, hate the Atlas though. I get that some people like them, but to me, they’re just heavy, uncomfortable bass cannons that don’t do anything else well - I’d much rather have something from Empire’s X series.

Colors likes this.
First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500
Next

Last