1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485
487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last
  1. theveterans
    With iPod Touch 7G, Symbio W and Cleopatra Octa:

Twice - Fancy (16-bit ALAC): vocals are very forward, actually louder than the bass lines. No distortion on this song except for very slight clipping due to overcompression. Nayeon sounds natural without veil. Treble sounds well extended.
    Twice - What is Love (256 AAC): vocals are holographic sounding yet forward at the same time. Upper mids are very forward on this song. No distortion detected at all and instruments are very cleanly defined

Definitely opposite of what you experience and actually closer to the S10+ rendition you mentioned.

BTW, just quick google search, someone measured S10+ OI at 2.02 ohm which explains the clearer, forward mid representation albeit unclean due to electrical interference from cellular radio, SMS, etc.
    That's why I never use a smartphone for listening to music: too many unnecessary radios that interfere with analog audio signal playback

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. twiceboss
    I just played around with iematch. I almost achieved what you heard but the volume is loud. What volume do you use? i have ipad and cellphones to compare with the ipod touch volume u using.

3. theveterans
    I use about 1/4 of iPod Touch volume control which roughly translates to 85dB (C-weighted) of listening. I subjectively compare the loudness to my Yamaha HS7 speakers at 85 dB(C)

BTW, I edited my last post to include the OI of the S10+ which roughly translates to what would iPod Touch sound like but cleaner (only WiFi as sole radio included)

4. twiceboss
    ok Thanks for the info!

i guess, im gonna eq again. The same with what i have with HD800, i dont like the stock but i know how to eq. Eq is the one that can change everything

5. twiceboss
    [​IMG]
    FIXEDDD!!!!

See how much bass slope is that?

Damn, i couldn't believe how good andro without bloated bass...

edit: if you think that im treble head, no. Im not treble head. I only do this to andromeda since the OI is toooooooo sensitive. By sloping down the bass, the bass is finally controlled and precise. The highs are sparkle. This is how $1k iem should sound.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Franklin and theveterans like this.
  6. iMongui
    Someone can recommend the best balanced cable for a ~50$ budget? I mean, I know that we are using 1k$ iem and bla bla bla, but im just looking for a good one just to don't spend too much on this kind of cables, thats all. What about the Fiio LC-2.5B?

7. candlejack
    There's a "cheap cable" thread with tons of great info abouy chi-fi cables. Check out @hakuzen pinned post.

8. twiceboss
    aliexpress, TRN cable is one of the best ive tried. Quality wise it looks dope too.

9. twiceboss
    Do you guys ever know if andromeda has like silicone shell or something to protect the housing from scratch. I do always hang it on my shirt whenever not using it. Some silicon shells will cover everything safe!

10. twiceboss
    M11 SE has only 72dB channel separation and it is below 1omh output impedance, definitely not the best for andromeda.
    meanwhile the balance has 107dB channel separation and below 2omh output impedance.

I cant wait for my balance cable to be here ...

theveterans likes this.
  11. twiceboss
    Guys, just an update about my Andros with M11 pairing. I just got my balance today and surprise2, the balance on M11 is just another animal.

The balance on M11 responds to EQ ten times better. Without eq, the balance on M11 right away separate the upper bass and mids in a good way already but im not use to thick vocal. I do eq and finally it comes really darnnn close to my eq HD800 desktop setup.

Oh yes, this is 2.5mm cheapo cable i got from amazon, $17 brainwavs cable. Cable does not matter much, how the channels travel is what i concern and yes, it really does.

I will do more time on listening to this and will update more if crap happens again. For now, it seems i almost achieve the HD800 level.

edit: I use EQFY app for android and that is 10band eq and it's freaking global eq. End game coming i guess.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. theveterans
    M11 definitely is meant for balanced operation. As long as the impedance of cable is much lower than the DAP's OI, you shouldn't have problem with sound degradation due to cable

twiceboss likes this.
  13. twiceboss
    Surprised that not even a single review saying that 3.5mm on M11 is so bad compare to the balance. Surprise surprise.... No critical review

14. Colors
    I noticed that when I demo’d it. The 3.5mm is nothing special. The SQ of the DAP is just ok in general.

The 2.5mm is good but it seems like every 2.5mm of DAPs I test are good =P

15. twiceboss
    I mean, the review i mostly read saying M11 3.5mm is equally good bla bla bla ...

Edit: not after i read the specs by myself, the spec shows 2 times better both for crosstalk and OI for andros

First

Back
476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485
487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last