Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 18, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #6,616 of 9,829
You sir are a genius. The medium foam in the large Symbio is perfect. Comfortable, great seal, and compared to the SD ML is just a bit brighter (in a good way).

Also how do the spiral dots sound compared to the symbio modification?

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #6,617 of 9,829
My first thoughts...
I also have the same problem with the symbios. The medium tips gives me the best seal for a while but eventually pops out of my ear a bit and eliminates the seal. Also gets painful after a while. The small tips on the other hand are too small so the bass sucks right out too. Did some modification however to get in between the small and medium tip size i want. I got the foams from the small tips and transferred them to the medium tips. That way there is a little gap for my inner ears to adjust on to the eartips. This works wonders for me. Im getting the exact bass i want and the right amount of highs too. Higher frequencies sounds more detailed compared to the stock marshmallow foams i used to use. Might want to try this out. Theyre pretty comfy too.
I'm gonna try this too. thanks!

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #6,620 of 9,829
I find the Spiral Dots slightly enhance the low end and tilt the overall signature just a touch warmer. Not in a bad way, they sound great. The Symbios also sound great, just a touch different from the SDs.

Okay thanks. Will try the spiral dots out too. Do you think i should get the medium small tips?

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #6,621 of 9,829
Okay thanks. Will try the spiral dots out too. Do you think i should get the medium small tips?

I’d say the Medium Spiral Dots are a similar size to the Medium Symbios. It’s a shame that the don’t sell a multi pack, I ordered a medium set and waited a month for them to show up from Japan and then when they were too small I had to wait another month for the ML’s.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #6,622 of 9,829
I’d say the Medium Spiral Dots are a similar size to the Medium Symbios. It’s a shame that the don’t sell a multi pack, I ordered a medium set and waited a month for them to show up from Japan and then when they were too small I had to wait another month for the ML’s.

Oh i see. Are they comfortable enough? How do they sound compare to the marshmallow tips? I prefer the warm sound of the foam tips but i dont like how the high frequencies sound off them. They sound a little muffled to me..

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #6,623 of 9,829
Oh i see. Are they comfortable enough? How do they sound compare to the marshmallow tips? I prefer the warm sound of the foam tips but i dont like how the high frequencies sound off them. They sound a little muffled to me..

I’ve never been able to get a good seal with the marshmallows but the comply Ts-400 are way duller than the SDs are. The SDs are very slightly warmer compared to the Symbios, it’s only really noticeable when swapping them. Comfort wise the ML is extremely comfortable for me but that’s going to be so individualized that my experiences won’t likely have much bearing on yours.

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #6,624 of 9,829
I’ve never been able to get a good seal with the marshmallows but the comply Ts-400 are way duller than the SDs are. The SDs are very slightly warmer compared to the Symbios, it’s only really noticeable when swapping them. Comfort wise the ML is extremely comfortable for me but that’s going to be so individualized that my experiences won’t likely have much bearing on yours.

Ok thanks for the info. Just placed an order on amazon. Luckily there was 1 medium small size left. Should be here in a few days.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #6,625 of 9,829
Finally bought the Spinfits for my Andromeda and I love them! The rotating thing is good at keeping them in place! And very comfy too!

I tried a whole bunch of tips before getting them but unfortunately, I wasn't able to demo the Spiral Dots (shop didn't have my size as a demo item).

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #6,626 of 9,829
Finally bought the Spinfits for my Andromeda and I love them! The rotating thing is good at keeping them in place! And very comfy too!

I tried a whole bunch of tips before getting them but unfortunately, I wasn't able to demo the Spiral Dots (shop didn't have my size as a demo item).
What do you think about the sound? I feel like Spinfits sharpen up the treble.. or something like that lol

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #6,628 of 9,829
I couldn’t get a good fit with either of the spinfits I have (CP100-M and CP240-M) I had to jam them too far in to create a seal and they would get uncomfortable pretty quick. My impression of the sound was that it got too hot in the treble range and introduced a bit of sharpness that I didn’t care for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back