Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #4,801 of 9,825
Found somewhere to keep my Andromeda when they’re not in my skull

6C4C9EBB-2DD0-4572-AC0F-41038C82F4AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #4,803 of 9,825
Anyone know if there's a mod/a way to smooth out the corners of the Andromeda? I tried my friend's pair and although it was comfortable at first, the corners/bumps on the side facing the inside of your ears started making my ears soar....loved the sound though :frowning2:!

sugru or dremel

Completely serious as these are the approaches I would take to make something ergonomically viable.

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #4,806 of 9,825
You’d want to be a brave man with a steady hand to take a Dremel to your Andromeda. :grimacing: I’d go the way of the Sugru or maybe Snuggs. I think @moedawg140 may have some experience with Andromeda/Snuggs combo. Good luck with whatever you do, be a real shame to have to sell em:weary:
Aloha! Yep, I've got a bit of experience with the Andromeda/Snugs (Only) combo. Even though the Snugs are pretty snazzy looking and feeling once they fit in one's ears correctly, the pound-for-pound favorite for me are the size Large Penon Audio Gray-Red eartips. :sun_with_face::rainbow:

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #4,807 of 9,825
Aloha! Yep, I've got a bit of experience with the Andromeda/Snugs (Only) combo. Even though the Snugs are pretty snazzy looking and feeling once they fit in one's ears correctly, the pound-for-pound favorite for me are the size Large Penon Audio Gray-Red eartips. :sun_with_face::rainbow:
How you doin fella, thought you’d have an idea. Will the Penon tips help with the comfort issue for @jkim951
Cheers dude

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #4,808 of 9,825
How you doin fella, thought you’d have an idea. Will the Penon tips help with the comfort issue for @jkim951
Cheers dude
I'm doing great, thanks for asking! How are you doing?

I'd say that @jkim951 should try out the tips and they should help him/her out. If @jkim951 isn't fully satisfied, he/she can simply sell them or donate them to a lucky/happy listener! :sunrise:

You (or anyone interested) can purchase the three different-sized eartips here: https://penonaudio.com/3-pairs-grey-red-eartips.html.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #4,809 of 9,825
Just when I thought I was done purchasing tips... only four bucks, why not...

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #4,810 of 9,825

I'd say that @jkim951 should try out the tips and they should help him/her out. If @jkim951 isn't fully satisfied, he/she can simply sell them or donate them to a lucky/happy listener! :sunrise:

You (or anyone interested) can purchase the three different-sized eartips here: https://penonaudio.com/3-pairs-grey-red-eartips.html.

Cheers dude

Thanks to you both! I’ll definitely try the penon tips out first and we’ll see from there....

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #4,811 of 9,825
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #4,813 of 9,825

I’m good fella, wish I was in California though, we’ve got a couple of inches of snow on the ground and it’s all over the news/papers!!! It’s jusy a bit of snow, how do other countries cope:joy::joy::joy: I tell ya, it’s embarrassing

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #4,814 of 9,825
I’m good fella, wish I was in California though, we’ve got a couple of inches of snow on the ground and it’s all over the news/papers!!! It’s jusy a bit of snow, how do other countries cope:joy::joy::joy: I tell ya, it’s embarrassing
Come on over to Sunny SoCal, where it pretty much only snows in the mountains and high deserts - a perfect time would be for this year's CanJam SoCal in Downtown LA! :sunny:

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #4,815 of 9,825
Come on over to Sunny SoCal, where it pretty much only snows in the mountains and high deserts - a perfect time would be for this year's CanJam SoCal in Downtown LA! :sunny:
Thanks for the invite, won’t be able to afford it and never will if I keep buying head gear :ksc75smile: just bought the Vega to keep my Andromeda company and should have them by Saturday. Really loving what Campfire are producing, sq and build quality are exceptional and now my list is growing for London CanJam. Also, we are going to sell up in just over a year and move out of London to the country, hopefully have enough land to build my son a recording studio and see if he can make a go of it. Even more head gear:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back