1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
Next

Last
  1. ubs28
    Many thanks. I will check it out.

2. bartzky
    The above picture from @alchemical shows CA's BA housing, so it likely won't be a hybrid or dynamic. Hence there's already the Nova (2 BA) and every other driver count from 1 to 5 except of a 3 BA, I'd put my money on a 3 BA :)

3. goodvibes
    Their Hybrid has the other housing and the Jupiter is a 4 driver 2 way. Why i guessed a 2 driver 2way. Nova is a 2 driver 1 way with 2 differentdrivers for voicing.

Surf Monkey likes this.
  4. korvin12
    We shall see, but my guess will still be hybrid

5. Gavin C4
    Pulled the trigger on Andromeda after audition it extensively in a local audio store.
    IMO the Andromeda is a good pair of IEM that can coexist with my SE846 very well.
    While SE846 shines in the subwoofer like bass, meaty and thick texture for vocals. Male vocals presentation is better on the SE846 IMO.
    The Andromeda shines in the mids and highs. The bass is tuned down a bit and separation of the bass from the vocals is very noticeable. The sound stage of the Andromeda is quite wide for an IEM. Female vocal is where the Andromeda shines, it is extremely close up and the clarity is at the next level. There is more treble presence compare to the SE846.

Both IEM shines and covers a different area, really happy to add the Andromeda into my IEM collection.

6. willowbrook
    Don't forget the sound of Andromeda varies quite significantly depending on the zout of source.

7. goodvibes
    I think most of the newer top players that you'd expect to use with the Andro are pretty low Z out. In his case, 0.5 ohm. Andro bass must be close to right because we get both side of that preference.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  8. blazinblazin
    The New IEM is a Hybrid~

[​IMG]

Surf Monkey, knopi and JaeYoon like this.
  9. PCheung
    The Vega, Lyra II are assembled in China as I recall

As the shell looks almost the same as other BA iem from campfire
    Will it be a American made, the same as Orion and Andromeda?

10. blazinblazin
    The shadow shows a longer bore like Dorado but the shell looks like BA series.

But the angle of the bore looks like 45degree upwards.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  11. goodvibes
  12. Surf Monkey
    Very exciting!

But the question was raised and it's a good one: will these have the made in China housings or the (in my opinion) way cooler made in Portland Oregon shells?

Either way, I'm very interested in any CA release. I'm full on addicted to my Jupiters.

13. ntbm3
    looks cool! Love my Nova's

Surf Monkey likes this.
  14. ubs28
    I tried the Questyle QP1R and it didn't sound better than my iPhone 6S plus?

The biggest difference was a tonal difference (with the Questyle being brighter and with less bass). But that is something you can adjust with an EQ.

Guess I need to try the Sony's.

15. JayKay47
    Thinking of selling my Andromedas to check out this new hybrid.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
First

Back
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291
Next

Last