1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last
  1. moedawg140 Contributor
    This is precisely why you won't see me rank IEMs or headphones - way, way too many variables to consider. Sure I've got my preferences depending on factors such as mood, specific activity, etcetera, but in my opinion, attaching exact rank/value numbers to products (no offense to those that do)...is harum-scarum.

I will say the Andromeda is one of my favorites purely based on its sound. Form-factor is one-of-a-kind (the copiers should be ashamed), and fit could be better, but it's all good once tips are found that work out for listeners (Penon Audio gray/red tips are amazing for me). I'd take the current housing over there being a probable sound change if the housing was constructed in a more form-fitting manner (like the Vega/Dorado, etcetera, for examples).

knopi likes this.
  2. Hi-Fi'er
    Your post just blew my mind. LOL. Amazing coincidence. I was reading Rank The IEM's You've Heard thread and that is exactly true. Some are rating other IEMs way over the Andro. It makes me hesitant to push add to cart and purchase.

3. Fatsosixsixsix
    Been using my Andromeda for a while at working and enjoying them, but I am noticing condensation on the nozzle when I take them off as other people have remarked which makes me a bit concerned. I've shoved a couple silica packs into the CA case but I was wondering whether anyone has taken more drastic measures?

4. moedawg140 Contributor
    I would rather use a passive drying measure than other more invasive and potentially harmful drying methods posted on the internet. Silica gel in the case should more than suffice, in my opinion.

5. willowbrook
    You must live in a cool place, I envy you. T.T

6. blazinblazin
    My country summer all year round also have condensation.

7. Fatsosixsixsix
    Lol not exactly a cool climate, I just use them inside an air conditioned office. I just think my ears are incredibly warm...?

8. willowbrook
    Don't know if droplets form inside the housing or not, but I just wipe the droplets off the nozzle and keep them dry with silica gel afterwards. No problem for months now although it only happens to me during winter.

9. kel77
    I also noticed mine developing water droplets when I used them with silicone tips.
    Now I am using comply tips and no such problems. When I don't use them I keep them in the dry cabinet where I store my camera equipment.

10. Fatsosixsixsix
    I only noticed the condensation after swapping from the supplied Spinfit to the Spiral Dots (which fit much better for me). I'd use comply if not for the fact that I'm using them in an office environment where I need to regularly take my IEMs out, and that they degrade relatively quick

11. ubs28
    How good are the CA Andromeda still? I heard them and I'm super super impressed by them. But before shelling out the money, is the CA Vega better? How do the offerings of JH Audio and Noble stack up agains the CA Andromeda?

Do you guys have comfort issues with the CA Andromeda by any chance? And there is no new Andromeda soon to be released? (would be really annoying ofcourse if I would buy one right now and then a few months later a new model gets released)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  12. theveterans
    Only have heard Vega and Andromeda
    CA Vega is not necessarily better, but is on a complete different approach in sound compared the Andromeda. I prefer the fun sound of the Vega outside of home since Andromeda sounds thin for me if I am commuting. At home, I feel Andromeda is more balanced and Vega is a bit heavy on some genre, but IMO Andromeda doesn't sound as good as Vega with all the background noises due to the bass being too thin and lacking impact. Clarity is about the same as Vega though so to me, no compromises with the Vega when commuting. In fact, I'm very impressed on how Vega sounds at those environments.

13. ubs28
    That is also the only concern I have with the Andromeda, I'm missing punch and impact in the bass department like with my full sized headphones. But that is expected since it's an IEM.

I will give the Vega a listen when I can demo them and hopefully I will also be as impressed by them as I am by the Andromeda currently.

14. moedawg140 Contributor
    How good are the CA Andromeda still?

The Andromeda is absolutely lovely to me, still - even after all of the new goodies I've listened to.

I heard them and I'm super super impressed by them. But before shelling out the money, is the CA Vega better?

In my opinion, it comes down to preference. Some people like the Vega more and some people like the Andromeda more. I really enjoy both, but to me, the Andromeda has a sound that isn't replicated very well by other in-ears, and is truly special.

How do the offerings of JH Audio and Noble stack up agains the CA Andromeda?

The offerings from JH Audio are very good, but different from the CA lineup. I enjoy their new products - but it would definitely be great/best to get a listen of their products before committing, if you are interested.

Do you guys have comfort issues with the CA Andromeda by any chance?

Yes, mainly fit - this is where tip-rolling is so vital with regards to the housing of the Andromeda, in my experience. I found a good pair of tips (Penon Audio Gray/Red tips) that give me a good Andromeda fit.

And there is no new Andromeda soon to be released? (would be really annoying ofcourse if I would buy one right now and then a few months later a new model gets released)

The current model is so legit in my opinion. At the LA Audio Show (I was next to CA at a booth for a majority of the show) there wasn't specifically a mention of a very soon to be released Andromeda. All in all, in my opinion I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm looking forward to listening to CA's products all over again at CanJam London in a couple of weeks - this time all balanced with CA's Balanced Litz Cable, paired with the Questyle Audio QP2R.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  15. Torrs
    I would love to audition a pair of andromedas, but hesitate because of the 20% restocking fee that CA can place on the return. Anyone who's returned their IEMs had this happen to them?

First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last