Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 22, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #4,083 of 9,823
So 64 Audio U6 or Andromeda? They have been reviewed as same sound signature?
I believe the comparison should be the 18 driver and/or Fourte versus the Andromeda. The Andromeda is that amazing, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #4,085 of 9,823
So 64 Audio U6 or Andromeda? They have been reviewed as same sound signature?

They are pretty similar - but the Andro still have the slightly better transition from lower to upper mid-range IMO (small bump at 2 kHz - but I can EQ that in). Counter to that - the 64Audio U6 has the option of changing signature via modules(+ also has the claimed benefits of ADEL or APEX tech)

Graph of the Andro vs U6 + B1

I guess would depend on what was important for you. I'd love to have both - as I hold the Andro in extremely high regard. Never regretted going with the U6 though.

u6 vs andro.png

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #4,086 of 9,823
@Brooko

I'm tired of sub $500.00 IEM's etc as nothing knocks my socks off or has really impressed me.

I read your review and saw your graph which is what made me inquire between these two. I like smooth but as detailed as possible but I absolutely can not tolerate sibilance or harshness or edgy vocals or treble. I'm not sensitive, it's more that I have great hearing and hear everything extremely well and it bugs me when I hear it or it's enhanced or not handled well by an IEM, So the questions is between these two which is more detailed and mid forward and handles treble better, price is not an issue.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #4,087 of 9,823
I'd take the Andro purely on the fact that it has a better (more natural) transition between lower and upper mids. But at same time - have never regretted getting U6 - simply because I personally use EQ and can achieve same result. So OOTB the Andro. Tweaked, the U6. Neither are edgy or harsh. And sibilance depends if in the recording originally. Both will give you "truth" IMO

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #4,088 of 9,823
The right driver of my andromeda just died all of a sudden. I was going to use it last night and no sound was coming out of the right channel. Tried switching cables to see it it would work. Still no sound. Anybody here experienced anything like that?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,089 of 9,823
The right driver of my andromeda just died all of a sudden. I was going to use it last night and no sound was coming out of the right channel. Tried switching cables to see it it would work. Still no sound. Anybody here experienced anything like that?

Any water or condensation got in?

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #4,090 of 9,823
Any water or condensation got in?

I was at the office when it happened so I don't think any water or condensation got in. It was weird because I used it earlier in the day and it was ok. A few hours later when I hooked it up with my ak240 I was surprised that no sound was coming out of the right channel

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #4,091 of 9,823
@Brooko

I'm tired of sub $500.00 IEM's etc as nothing knocks my socks off or has really impressed me.

I read your review and saw your graph which is what made me inquire between these two. I like smooth but as detailed as possible but I absolutely can not tolerate sibilance or harshness or edgy vocals or treble. I'm not sensitive, it's more that I have great hearing and hear everything extremely well and it bugs me when I hear it or it's enhanced or not handled well by an IEM, So the questions is between these two which is more detailed and mid forward and handles treble better, price is not an issue.

Thank you.
Buy Andromda and forget all.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #4,094 of 9,823
Thank you all for replying. I guess the last question would be is the Cowon P1 and PD a good match? The P1 Output Impedance is 3 ohms and the PD is 0.5 ohms.

Thank you.

3ohm should sound decent. Can't recommend anything less than 1ohm. Sounds pretty dull and bass heavy IMO. You can always get IEMatch to alter to 2.5 though.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #4,095 of 9,823
I believe the comparison should be the 18 driver and/or Fourte versus the Andromeda. The Andromeda is that amazing, in my opinion.
Good to read this. I read it many times that Andromeda is special. And strangely there are still a lot of people in IEM rankings threads that writes Fourte, W900 etc. etc. is galaxies ahead. It is only sound and really I do not believe them that Andro miss a lot on nonsense priced IEM but I wish these people who have bats hearing, they are sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back