Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 26, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #2,477 of 9,829

Well.. I really luv the K10 CIEM and it has been my reference for a while. The Andromeda sound is much closer to Planar types headphones (LCDX, HIFIman EDX etc) with very good tight deep bass. The main diff I think is its excellent transient response, which make the bass freaking awesome. Now in terms of qty, if Se846 (blue filter) and Andromeda with both comply tip produces about the same amount of bass but the Andromeda would have more texture, faster decay and clarity .. thanks to its awesome transient response. The K10 CIEM would have slightly more mid bass qtyl but the bass is slower and slightly muddy.. more dynamic bass than Planar type fast bass...  The Andromeda win hands down on bass quality due to the speed of the driver reacting to the change in input signal and how quickly it cut off... = excellent transient response = Excellent bass.

The treble extend beyond both the K10 CIEM and SE846 and I think it is now closer to Planar headphones like the Hifiman Edition X. Most IEM fails to produce that last sparkle needed to match Planar headphones & JH's IEM would be even further away. I suspect Jerry tune the treble down to avoid sibilance.. but the Andromeda would not shy away. Excellent treble with just the right amount to brighten the tonality (u can tune it down with comply foam) but there is no noticeable sibilance.. In fact its almost the same as LCD X type of treble... like a veil being lifted among them

Vocal is comparable to SE846 but with much more clarity (thanks to the treble- it make everything easier to notice). If you want to hear every breathe in between each note.. pick the Andromeda. It beat the K10 CIEM hands down. K10 CIEM is a warm IEM. Don't get me wrong, the K10 has all the details but Andromeda makes it even more noticeable.. hence headfiers say they heard things that wasn't there before.. well they are there, just not so presence. 

Finally the sound stage is consider huge and wide by IEM standard. It makes the SE846 sound narrow. The Andromeda and K10 CIEM both have about the same 3d'ness and soundstage. I would say Andromeda win by a hair as its treble trick me into thinking its wider.. It's in JH layla league.

For fitting, K10 feels the best as its custom and it really quiet. Andromeda is not so comfortable.. it has a lot of edges. The SE846 feels much better. Ken ball should make it round instead of creating edges all over. 

Andromeda is pretty sensitive and efficient. it is the loudest among them. Overall I would not worry about ordering the K10, its still one of the very best out there in my opinion and I have no intention of selling it.. but I do have every intention to sell the SE846. The Andromeda would completely outclass the SE846 except for fitting and seal. thats my personal opinion so far..

I find the SE846 always narrow, as I have Layla, but even my old Westone 4R seems to best it in terms of soundstage. The K10 has a sense of coherency and imaging that is very stunning to me, but the bass to me does not have the visceral aggression of the 846, so I will keep 846 for those sub bass extension. Looks like i'm changing my order to both K10 and Katana, so I'll have both incoming, I'll have to see if Andromeda still has a place in my collection or whether it is too alike with the Katana. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #2,478 of 9,829
I find the SE846 always narrow, as I have Layla, but even my old Westone 4R seems to best it in terms of soundstage. The K10 has a sense of coherency and imaging that is very stunning to me, but the bass to me does not have the visceral aggression of the 846, so I will keep 846 for those sub bass extension. Looks like i'm changing my order to both K10 and Katana, so I'll have both incoming, I'll have to see if Andromeda still has a place in my collection or whether it is too alike with the Katana. 
HUM Pristine should be in your collection since you are in HK anw :p

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #2,479 of 9,829
Anyone finding any favorite music genres with the Andromeda? I'm really enjoying singer-songwriter music with them , female vocals in particular really stand out as sounding excellent.

The bass is plentiful too when the music isn't dependent on it, so for EDM you might want to stick with something like the Lyra or SE846 but most other genres do really well with the Andromeda.

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #2,481 of 9,829
HUM Pristine should be in your collection since you are in HK anw :p
I had a look at their website and still don't understand too much what it is, a dual BA for 10K HKD? is it universal or custom? There's just too little info on this product, I guess I will check it out at their contact address this weekend

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #2,483 of 9,829
Just realized both are the same specs of cable from ALO Sxc24 but my andromeda sxc24 was new and burning shorten duration period than my Jupiter.
After today swap over from Jupiter sxc24 cable to Andro..

That bass is incredible and same amount of bass than Jupiter now ..Bass are tight than before :)

Cable cable I can't comment so much on cable, but both results are different to me :)

A7706E6F-B818-4D30-9C23-4B526E3CE2F5_zps5yrmsg2g.jpg

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #2,485 of 9,829
Or you could just buy mine
biggrin.gif

what is the MSRP of it? it is horribly expensive for a two BA from some unknown HK company. I'm going to have to try it first.

Why are you selling it? 

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #2,487 of 9,829
After debating about  if it makes sense to buy the Andromeda, I finally made the decision to join the group. I have the Jupiter so I didn't know if it was worth it, but from everything I've heard the mids are just that much better on the Andromeda especially for rock, blues, or singer/songwriter type of music. I listen to a lot of Clapton, SRV, Gary Clark Jr, Allman, BB King, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, and other female vocalists so I figured it was a purchase I had to make. I plan on using the LPG or Mojo as the primary driver, but I was curious if anyone has tried the Andromeda with the Plenue S? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back