Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 12, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #2,027 of 9,825
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Ken does things very differently from how other people do it. Materials, parts, shapes, they're all well thought out, damping, resonance, phase, he considers them in a way that most manufacturers don't. That's what makes his products so special to me.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,028 of 9,825
I will be far more excited for a Campfire Dap than a new IEM why.?.Because I still want to brag that I own the TOTL of Campfire :) and not be changed easily by a new one.
all about personal enjoyment, not for bragging rights :p

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #2,029 of 9,825
Though for some people maybe it IS about bragging rights 
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #2,030 of 9,825

Thank you so much you guys, its a little rocky for us at the moment. We are really good at acoustic engineering and design but are getting out sea legs in the manufacturing bits, its really good to know our customers understand our challenges. Again I can not thank everyone enough.

Ken

As a happy owner of an Andromeda, I was happy that I withheld getting a Jupiter (which is a wonderful iem in its own right but, u know...........head-fier's remorse of getting one time flagship only to be overtaken by another flagship soon enough), while I'm also concerned whether there would be another even better one coming soon..........

Anyway thanks for making such wonderful products. Sometimes its just hard to imagine what could be even better from the current TOTL offerings as the market seems more or less flooded with too many options........

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #2,032 of 9,825
The Andromedas are unbelievable.  Amazing SQ.  I was really worried that they wouldn't fit my ears properly due to the sharp edges, but damn they are comfortable. These are better than the Ether C's I had in every way except for airiness and depth of soundstage, but the bass is better and they are portable, so for me they are better.  

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #2,033 of 9,825
It seems that people who ordered direct from CA have got their Andromedas shipped, even if they had ordered as recently as early July.
Had mine pre-ordered from a dealer since early May and I have no idea when I'll be getting them. :frowning2:

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #2,034 of 9,825

Guys, There is no v2 or significant change in any of our earphones. There may be a very slight CNC change in the future but we are not sure when that might happen right away. We were thinking of making 2 angles a little smoother but this is not critical and side by side hardly noticeable. I think for clarification sake I must state that Campfire Audio is a very small batch operation and we literally make like 15 IEMs a day by hand here in my shop. I am very close to my CNC shop which is also located here in Oregon and because we both are small shops we are able to make small tool changes fairly easily. The current hold up at the moment is screws, my screw mfg... screwed me :wink: We have not been able to ship because we do not have the fancy screws we are having custom made and its very frustrating at the moment.

Anyhow I think this v2 thing is being overstated and I apologize for the confusion and more so the delay in our production. We are working very hard to increase capacity as well as our process. I am investing heavily in Campfire Audio because we are very committed to making the best IEMs possible and we know that we can deliver something special to our customers. 

I thank you all for your continued patience. 

Ken

Thanks for your honesty and clarification, Ken. I will patiently wait until new shipments arrive, as well as any announcements regarding slight changes in the build. 

Ken, you have nothing to apologize for. If anything the dealers who talked to the headfiers should be apologizing to you for the falsities they are spreading.

You stated there would be no V2, and that should have been it. Others then threw in "but my dealer said"....welll when the horses mouth speaks, you listen!

Thank you so much for what you do, I am over the top satisfied with the Nova, and I hope my review here can pay you back in some small kind way. I look forward to saving my pennies for the Andromeda, but happily listen to my Novas as this is being written!

Thank you SOOOO much for what you do!

I was merely clarifying facts, in no way was I doubting Ken's words. The distributor's source was also Campfire so I was just hoping some discrepancies could be ironed out. 'v1' and 'v2' are just semantics, the distributor was referring to angles being smoothed over and that was later confirmed by Ken, so no falsities were being spread. I think as a potential customer of a thousand dollar TOTL iem it is not so ridiculous that I try to obtain more factual information about the product? Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,035 of 9,825
  It seems that people who ordered direct from CA have got their Andromedas shipped, even if they had ordered as recently as early July.
Had mine pre-ordered from a dealer since early May and I have no idea when I'll be getting them. :frowning2:

Nitrile,

Sorry about that, direct orders which are mostly USA domestic we try and ship as we can, international orders are larger and we are having to fill large international dealer orders in the orders they were received and in full amounts. So as you indicated we have not been able to fill all our dealers orders. Again I apologize for this delay, of course this is not how I wanted things to go and we are working very hard to get every order filled. 

Thank you for your patience,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back