Campfire Audio Ara
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #122 of 316
Excellent release from Campfire Audio. Super smooth transitions and the new mids driver works a treat!.

Our review is now posted :)

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-ara-review/

I totally agree about the smoothness of transitions for the Ara. The description I kept coming to was integrated. It doesn't ever sound like you are listening to parts of the signature, but rather that everything is a coherent whole. I'm not basshead, but I found the tonality in the bass to be excellent. I'd like a little more sub-bass, but I wasn't dissatisfied at all with the bass; in fact, I thought it was a major strength of the presentation.
I used to live on symbios but more and more Final E is proving to be the slightly superior tip for my ear.
I use Symbio W with all HiFiMAN stuff, with the Unique Melody Mason V3, and with the Tin Hifi P1. For everything else it's Final E type or whatever the best stock tips were. Spinfit varieties come with a lot more stuff as stock and often work well with what they come with. I couldn't get a good fit with the Campfire silicones.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #123 of 316
for me , final e do "muffle" the sound a bit .. but maybe its only for my ears .

That happened for me initially, I don't know but pulled them back slightly and it was like lifting the curtains. They do thin out the mids a little more than spinfits.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #124 of 316
I totally agree about the smoothness of transitions for the Ara. The description I kept coming to was integrated. It doesn't ever sound like you are listening to parts of the signature, but rather that everything is a coherent whole. I'm not basshead, but I found the tonality in the bass to be excellent. I'd like a little more sub-bass, but I wasn't dissatisfied at all with the bass; in fact, I thought it was a major strength of the presentation.

I use Symbio W with all HiFiMAN stuff, with the Unique Melody Mason V3, and with the Tin Hifi P1. For everything else it's Final E type or whatever the best stock tips were. Spinfit varieties come with a lot more stuff as stock and often work well with what they come with. I couldn't get a good fit with the Campfire silicones.

Yeah I just lucked out on the silicones for my ears, never really worked for me on any model. I would love to see spinfits in there instead again.

Solaris for the bass, these for everything else.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #125 of 316
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #129 of 316
Jun 26, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #131 of 316
Campfire Ara Review. Have compared the Ara to SE: Gold. The Ara is an outstanding IEM. Enjoy! :)

photo_2020-06-25_11-49-17.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #132 of 316
I think I will go for these bad boys. Will nicely complement my Solaris SE I think.

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #134 of 316
Can't go wrong with the Ara. Cheers.

Thank you for the comprehensive review. How do the Ara compare to the Solaris 2020 in terms of ergonomics?

My Solaris SE wears better than the original Solaris but are still on the large size.

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #135 of 316
Thank you for the comprehensive review. How do the Ara compare to the Solaris 2020 in terms of ergonomics?

My Solaris SE wears better than the original Solaris but are still on the large size.
Glad my review helps. In terms of ergonomics, the difference between the Ara & Solaris 2020 is not day and night. Personally, I prefer the Ara. YMMV, of course. Since you have the Solaris SE already, both the Ara & Solaris 2020 will definitely offer better ergonomics. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back