Campfire Audio Andromeda VS Atlas in terms of soundstage and imaging
May 20, 2018 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

twocentsear

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to switch to another IEM because the shape of the Andromedas have, over time, made me more and more annoyed with them. I love the sound signature it has, I love the soundstage and imaging it has for an IEM, those I can't deny. I just want to know how the soundstage and imaging of the Andromedas vs the Atlas. I have listened to the Vegas and while I do like them as well, the imaging and soundstage was not satisfying enough in comparison to the Andromedas, to my ears atleast.

So, yeah, I want to hopefully get a better idea on the Atlas as it is really near-impossible for me to demo them in person, and I only got lucky that two different people let me demo their Andromeda and Vega.

May 20, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Andromeda is better than Atlas and Vega in terms of soundstage and imaging overall to me. Atlas and Vega however have greater depth than Andromeda (i.e. instruments can be heard in Z axis better than Andromeda) due to its more naturally decayed bass and midbass notes. Also, Vega and Atlas have a better 3D sound (i.e. a more balanced X,Y,Z imaging and focus) while Andromeda is more holographic (i.e. X and Y axis are much wider and focused compared to Z axis. Instruments can be perceived better in the left or right panning. Vega and Atlas do this to an extent but you will hear that some instruments are heard further back left and right (X and Z axis in play) instead of just left and right in Andromeda (more X and less Z). My only gripe with Atlas and Vega's 3D sound is that it can feel a tiny bit congested due to portraying too my instruments + the depth factor while Andromeda effortlessly provide laser focused instrument layering even on the most complex passages. However, I suspect that the congested feeling that I get is 100% due to bass boost tuning that they have which of course will cause congestion even in the best IEMs on the market such as Legend X, Tia Trio

Yes to me Atlas and Vega have the same soundstage and imaging profile. Atlas, however, refined the mids and treble so it does not have that sibilance bite that Vega shows on some songs.

Last edited:
May 20, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Andromeda is better than Atlas and Vega in terms of soundstage and imaging overall to me. Atlas and Vega however have greater depth than Andromeda (i.e. instruments can be heard in Z axis better than Andromeda) due to its more naturally decayed bass and midbass notes. Also, Vega and Atlas have a better 3D sound (i.e. a more balanced X,Y,Z imaging and focus) while Andromeda is more holographic (i.e. X and Y axis are much wider and focused compared to Z axis. Instruments can be perceived better in the left or right panning. Vega and Atlas do this to an extent but you will hear that some instruments are heard further back left and right (X and Z axis in play) instead of just left and right in Andromeda (more X and less Z). My only gripe with Atlas and Vega's 3D sound is that it can feel a tiny bit congested due to portraying too my instruments + the depth factor while Andromeda effortlessly provide laser focused instrument layering even on the most complex passages. However, I suspect that the congested feeling that I get is 100% due to bass boost tuning that they have which of course will cause congestion even in the best IEMs on the market such as Legend X, Tia Trio

Yes to me Atlas and Vega have the same soundstage and imaging profile. Atlas, however, refined the mids and treble so it does not have that sibilance bite that Vega shows on some songs.
I see, now I have a better idea of it.

May 21, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 6

This is the most accurate description that I have seen so far! I felt exactly the same :)

May 26, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 6
which you would you prefer then ?

there is no end to transparency. which is better, andromeda or the Atlas ?

May 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 6
which you would you prefer then ?

there is no end to transparency. which is better, andromeda or the Atlas ?

Both are great so I take both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back