Campfire Audio + ALOaudio Warehouse Deals Spring B-Stock Sale!
Mar 27, 2020 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

FB-IG-AND-S2020.png

Campfire Audio + ALOaudio Warehouse Deals Spring B-Stock Sale!
SOLARIS $1099 [reg$1499]
ANDROMEDA $849 [reg $1099]
POLARIS $349 [reg $499]
IO $199 [reg $299]
Plus deals on cables + more!
Now thru 3/30

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 27, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 19
Nice deals

Mar 27, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 19
Great deals on the Litz and Silver litz cables!

Mar 28, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 19
Ordered a pair of Polaris. Been eyeing a pair of these for a while. Great deal.

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 19
@candlejack are you still using the silver litz for your Z1r? I lean on the side of not upgrading cables but at $49 feel the silver litz may be worth trying. Also anyone else using the Ref 8 or gold on their Solaris and think it’s worth upgrading? I agree the sale prices are really good

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 19
@candlejack are you still using the silver litz for your Z1r? I lean on the side of not upgrading cables but at $49 feel the silver litz may be worth trying. Also anyone else using the Ref 8 or gold on their Solaris and think it’s worth upgrading? I agree the sale prices are really good
Hi, yes I am. The reason being that I can't detach the mmcx anymore. :)

OK, I'm partially kidding. The connectors are very tight on the Z1R (but I think it's only the locking ring, not the contact parts).

I don't think cables make any difference in sound (I was not able to hear a difference and I have seen no evidence for it either) but the silver litz is very thin and soft, with very low microphonics, making it "invisible" when wearing. So depending on what cable you are looking to replace, this might be a very nice upgrade when it comes to comfort.

Btw, I bought the cables during the Black Friday sale last year, when they were offering the same discounts as now.

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 19
I don't think cables make any difference in sound

silver-plated copper cables tame treble and give you more depth vs pure copper cables. There's a reason many TOTL IEMs come with them.

I tested all this out my self too using the same IEM, same song and only switching cables.

I'm 100% sold on silver plated.used to have 100% copper on everything.

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 19
silver-plated copper cables tame treble and give you more depth vs pure copper cables. There's a reason many TOTL IEMs come with them.

I tested all this out my self too using the same IEM, same song and only switching cables.

I'm 100% sold on silver plated.used to have 100% copper on everything.
So that should show up on a basic FR graph, shouldn't it?

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 19

I think there other factors on why somethings can't be graphed properly. Our technology is surely not absolute. I don't know if the technology matches human hearing or eardrum sensitivity. we also have different hearing and the younger you are the more frequencies you can pick up.i'm an OCD audiophile and hear these differences clearly. I just did this test a week ago using the ibasso DX160 (same IEM Audiosense T800, volume, song, filter setting) so the results are fresh in my mind.No longer a non-believer.

So if the FR graph can't pick it up, then this simply means the design is still lacking.

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #12 of 19

C’mon man, you’re a good poster and I enjoy reading what you write, but please stop with this dead horse. Let people do what they want, hear what they hear and live life happy. After all, it is their own money they’re spending on these upgrades and we’re all adults capable of making up our own minds.

Before you ask, I run a stock WM1A, stock cable and stock Z1Rs.

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 19
I think there other factors on why somethings can't be graphed properly. Our technology is surely not absolute. I don't know if the technology matches human hearing or eardrum sensitivity. we also have different hearing and the younger you are the more frequencies you can pick up.i'm an OCD audiophile and hear these differences clearly. I just did this test a week ago using the ibasso DX160 (same IEM Audiosense T800, volume, song, filter setting) so the results are fresh in my mind.No longer a non-believer.

So if the FR graph can't pick it up, then this simply means the design is still lacking.
That would imply that playback equipment has higher resolution than recording equipment, do you agree?

Mar 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 19
C’mon man, you’re a good poster and I enjoy reading what you write, but please stop with this dead horse. Let people do what they want, hear what they hear and live life happy. After all, it is their own money they’re spending on these upgrades and we’re all adults capable of making up our own minds.

Before you ask, I run a stock WM1A, stock cable and stock Z1Rs.
I simply stated that I bought the ALO cables, but not for improved sound quality. So if anything, I was encouraging people to spend money on these cables.

But then someone quoted me and argued that despite my opinion, cables do make a difference for sound. So you see, someone else was trying to persuade me to change my mind. I felt it would be polite to reply and share a bit of my reasoning, as this person surely hasn't followed the lengthy discussion in the other threads.

But like I wrote earlier today, I have lost all appetite to start this kind of conversations. Unless someone specifically engages me (like was the case here) I doubt you will hear another peep from me.

And btw, thanks, I'm glad you find my contributions enjoyable (for the most part). :wink:

Mar 29, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 19
@KB Are the Andromeda B-stock Ver 3 or previous ones? Thank you!

I am not sure what versions, we have made several small incremental cosmetic changes over time and we collect them as we do our QC and set them aside for these B stock events. I would think it would be previous and current.

Off topic, I have posted this before but yes cables do make a sonic diff. Most of these improvements are subtle but are noticeable when doing critical listening. Measuring via acoustic analyzers do not pick up much of these differences as out ears are far more sensitive than the analyzers. However I have personally measured concrete FREQ measurements that are different and the only variable was the cable, this is not always the case. If people do not believe this, thats totally cool, just wanted to share my experiences.

Finally I just want to thank everyone who supports ALO audio / Campfire during this B stock sale, its a particularly difficult time here in my neck of the woods during the pandemic. So on behalf of the whole team here just want to say thank you for your support for us as well as Head-fi.

Thank you,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back