Campfire Audio all new Polaris
Sep 7, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #166 of 187
For medium low level listening the Lyra II is my first choice. Steady wins the race. Always able to handle any genre. My first custom, Fibae Black, is quite nice so far but I'm still trying to figure them out in comparison with Lyra II. For a BA driver, Fibae Black does well at sounding like a dynamic while keeping a well balanced sound. However, Lyra II with Ares II 8-wire extends better in both directions to my ears.
Nice cable! I am using a Norne Audio Therium 4 wire, with my Lyra II, and that is a killer pairing as well.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #168 of 187
Nothing wrong with that combo! The Polaris 2 is a very dynamic IEM that has plenty of bass and treble, a more "fun sound" so to speak. Speaking of that, I have a brand new pair of Polaris 2 for sale inc. shipping!!

Oct 4, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #169 of 187
Not even in the same league! The new polaris is a boomy mess with bass that bleeds into the mids and treble that borders on harsh and at times uncomfortable. The Hyla TE-5B is none of those.
I have a different opinion. Polaris Mk2 is the funniest earphone ever owned. Long gone IMR R1 Zenith, A&K Billie Jean, not to mention low quality chi-fi boom boxes.

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #170 of 187
I have a different opinion. Polaris Mk2 is the funniest earphone ever owned. Long gone IMR R1 Zenith, A&K Billie Jean, not to mention low quality chi-fi boom boxes.
I have a feeling, when I get my pair, I am going to be in same boat as you.

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #171 of 187
I like them. They put sound just into my ears (and face), they forgiving bad engineering in studio, they simply play. Just changed the stock Litz cable to Forza Audio Works IEM Copper Series Mk2.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #172 of 187
Question, does anyone have fitting issues with these? Or they are actually easy to fit?
I have some Fiio FA1 and they are pushing a bit into some cartilage of my ears he he.
I love the looks of the Polaris, and they seem to be a fun to listen and not too harsh and fatiguing iem... I'm between these and the Chi-Fi Fearless Audio S8 Freedom that is highly regarded almost everywhere...

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #173 of 187
Like the Andromeda they are light and fit easily. Campfire revised the shape for more comfort on the revisited Andro and Polaris. And I have a new pair available for sale if interested!

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #176 of 187
I like them. They put sound just into my ears (and face), they forgiving bad engineering in studio, they simply play. Just changed the stock Litz cable to Forza Audio Works IEM Copper Series Mk2.
How did the Forza Copper cable effect the SQ? I have the Forza Hybrid cable with other IEMs.I very much like Matt at Forza and his products.Thanks!

Feb 28, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #177 of 187
My take on the Campfire Polaris II :)

photo_2020-02-26_22-50-54 (4).jpg

Feb 28, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #178 of 187
Great review! My feeling is that the Polaris2 has received unfair criticism.They need to be burnt in for 200 hours minimum,and then they really come into focus.I added a Forza Hybrid cable,everything tightened up with extra detail and an insane soundstage.Oddly enough,I find that Senn. foam tips from some IE80s I had work really well.They're also extremely comfortable,oh,and I really like the blue! Great value too!

Dec 10, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #179 of 187

Anyone else tried the Polaris II with an AK Kann? If it sounds as good as it looks....

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #180 of 187

Users who are viewing this thread

Back