1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio all new Polaris

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last
  1. cleg
    My video review of Polaris II

Wes S and B9Scrambler like this.
  2. cleg
  3. JayF
    Does anyone have any experience with how the Polaris compares with the Hyla TE-5B? I know it's double the price but sound signature sure seems similar. Thanks.

4. duaned
    Not even in the same league! The new polaris is a boomy mess with bass that bleeds into the mids and treble that borders on harsh and at times uncomfortable. The Hyla TE-5B is none of those.

BananaOoyoo likes this.
  5. JayF
    Thanks for your impressions.

6. Wes S
    I am super interested in these, and own and love the Lyra II. I am wondering if anyone has heard, the Empire Ears Bravado, and how it compares with the Polaris 2? Any info on these two iems, would be greatly appreciated!

7. NovaFlyer
    IMHO and for my preferences, the Bravados are much better than the Polaris v2. I listened to both in Jun and bought a pair of custom Bravados. I found the Bravado bass to be very present due to the DD and I get the rumble when it's there, but it's controlled and doesn't bleed over like with the Polaris v2.

From my CanJam SoCal 2019 impressions post:

8. kelvs77
    Does the polaris v2 sound similar to the atlas? Looking at their frequency graph they look similar. Wonder if they actually sound similar too.
    And what do you think is the best bang for the buck iem in the current campfire product line up?

9. YCHANGE
    I've been interested in Polaris for a long time and finally snagged a pair(version 2) over the summer. Even after burn in on the WM1A, tip rolling, and cable swapping, the bass still sounds boomy and floods into the mids. It's a shame because the vocals and soundstage are decent. Lyra II and Vega for that matter are much better all-arounders imo. The comments about Bravado have me super curious about them.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    GarageBoy and Wes S like this.
  10. bwardrop
    I felt the same way until I bought a Chord Mojo. Using my iPad the mids got drowned out on some tracks. I still loved them, but was resigned to the Polaris 2 being only good for modern music or bass heavy tracks. Once I got the Mojo everything changed. Tracks that had the mids blown out became beautiful. It's still not a good IEM for folk or acoustic music, but good god the Polaris 2 is amazing IEM with the right source. I love them. I'm flirting with the idea of buying the Andromeda Golds, but I like the Polaris so much I think I'm going to wait.

YCHANGE likes this.
  11. YCHANGE
    I feel the same way about the Vega + Mojo. Somehow Mojo tames Vegas bass while still retaining that full wonderful sound. I havent tried Polaris 2 with mojo so I'll give it a go. Are you using stock cable with Polaris 2?

12. bwardrop

13. bwardrop
    Sorry about the formatting error on my reply. But I think you get the point.

14. Wes S
    I am right there with ya! I own and love my Lyra II, and it is my daily driver. I am looking at adding another iem to the mix, and want something with more bass, for a different flavor. I am looking at Polaris 2, Empire Ears Bravado, and Noble Audio Dulce Bass. I wish I could demo them, but can't.

15. YCHANGE
    For medium low level listening the Lyra II is my first choice. Steady wins the race. Always able to handle any genre. My first custom, Fibae Black, is quite nice so far but I'm still trying to figure them out in comparison with Lyra II. For a BA driver, Fibae Black does well at sounding like a dynamic while keeping a well balanced sound. However, Lyra II with Ares II 8-wire extends better in both directions to my ears.

Wes S likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last