Calling all Xin amp users!
Oct 6, 2006 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ChicagoNB

500+ Head-Fier
Can anyone post a picture of you Xin Micro, Mini, Macro next to you Ipod or other item to see the size and scale. I am pretty interested in seeing the Mini next to a 2nd gen Nano and a Micro as well. Got to decide which is best for me.

Or in the alternative, can anyone post a picture of any other amp next to their Nano that is just as small and great as a Xin is supposed to be. Trying to build the ultimate Nano portable rig. Once I do, I can finally post a picture in the show your rig thread.

Thanks for all those who participate.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 19
Here is an 8gb 2nd Gen nano attqched to a Xin Mini, next to a 5th gen 60 gb Ipod and an SR-71 on the other side.

podsamps.jpg

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 19
I'll take a picture of my micro tonight, suffice to say it's tiny... not much bigger than a 9V battery. Actually I'll put a 9V next to it for comparison.

Gary

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
Here is a new nano with a SuperMicro IV.

NanoMicro.jpg

if you dont mind me asking, what cable are you using>? and how much did the super mini cost?

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 19
For those who have both the Mini and Micro which do you prefer?

Also, which dock and line would you recomend to go with it.

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 19
I made this photo of my first nano with a SuperMicro III last year.
It should give you a good sense of size. Super portable system. I've since removed the firewire cable from the SIK Din shown, so there's only one wire.

I've since moved to a Gen 2 nano, and will likely get a SuperMicro IV for it.

I'm listening to a SuperMacro IV at my desk right now... what a joy!

smicro3499.jpg

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
if you dont mind me asking, what cable are you using>? and how much did the super mini cost?

That's an AudioLineOut Cotton mini to mini. I bought the mini from another Headfier who decided to sell it before it even arrived from Xin, and with shipping etc. I think I paid him around $220.00

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB
For those who have both the Mini and Micro which do you prefer?

Also, which dock and line would you recomend to go with it.

Beleive it or not they sound extremely similar. I think the mini has a bit more power, but the micro seems slightly more transparent and maybe just a hair more sparkling at the high end, but they really do sound very similar with the default configs. Any of the ALO cables or cables with built in docks are good in my opinion. The turbodock is also a good dock. I just got a silver dragon mini to mini from another Headfier and so far I am very impressed with the clarity and transparency of sound with that cable.

Oct 12, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1
Beleive it or not they sound extremely similar. I think the mini has a bit more power, but the micro seems slightly more transparent and maybe just a hair more sparkling at the high end, but they really do sound very similar with the default configs. Any of the ALO cables or cables with built in docks are good in my opinion. The turbodock is also a good dock. I just got a silver dragon mini to mini from another Headfier and so far I am very impressed with the clarity and transparency of sound with that cable.

Rob, was the mini to mini silver dragon like the one on the picture below?:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back