Been using Klipsch 3.2's and Cerwin Vega DX-3's for the past few years and finally found my dream set this past summer..................Cerwin Vega DX-5's (big bro to the DX-3's). Pristine condition though they did need the rubber surrounds replaced.
I am going to do some upgrades on my EPI 100 IIIs. They have used some very cheap parts in the crossovers (electrolytic cap and iron core coil) and I have parts laying around so will rebuild the crossover. Also Human Speakers sells parts allowing people to build there own authentic EPI 100 speakers so if I don't like the results with the crossover change I will ditch the drivers and replace with some from HS (thereby reusing the old series three box).
Turns out that the problem with the KEF Q10s was that the crossovers were way out of spec. Some of the cheap electrolytic caps were more than 30% off. Some that were said to be 16uf measured in at 25uf! The 7uf caps were found to be more than 10uf. No wonder the sound was bad! I recapped and they sound very nice now. Will probably keep them.
I've moved to a new place and the whole kit and kaboodle came with me. For the most part, everything was fine, but the speakers had some mild damage in transit.
Somehow about a fourth of the drivers stopped working on the right speaker. After a few days fretting and unpacking, I finally found my tools and multimeter. I had to do some surgery to get them singing again. It seems they had been jostled a bit and a few of the internal connectors came loose. Also, one of the midrange drivers totally had failed. Since these speakers use a series-parallel scheme, one driver failing turns off three others.
Fresh driver is on the way, and once it gets here I'll send the old one off for repairs. For now, it's bypassed so I can still play music. Here's how it looks all together.