Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Jan 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #3,901 of 19,129
I have re-arranged a few things, and I took some fresh glamor shots, hope you all will indulge me...

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #3,902 of 19,129
Quote:
so i picked up a pioneer clunker today.
the aux input is... i dunno whats up with it but the left channel is pretty much non existant but only when using the aux inputs.

so until it finds its way to my brothers bench, can i use tape 1 in?
it seems to be working using tape 1 from the pre out of my WA2 but not sure about the direct from source.
don't tape inputs want a specific level thats different than line or aux?

What Pioneer is it?

Quote:
I have re-arranged a few things, and I took some fresh glamor shots, hope you all will indulge me...

Very nice, and i like the turn of the century -1880's (?) table. Im wondering though, please take no offense, but 1. you need a better camera and 2. what are you sitting down on? Show us some shots of what your sitting on.... maybe a Herman Miller lounge chair
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #3,903 of 19,129
Actually that's a pretty good camera, but I am using an ultra-low light mode there for effect, and with no tripod, so it could be crisper.

My seating is nothing to look at, just a small black couch.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #3,906 of 19,129
Thanks guys 
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #3,908 of 19,129

Quote:
What Pioneer is it?

SX 650
but she sounds really good for a rat

makes me want to sell it and buy a 1050.
now i really really want a 1050 or 950

i hate to say it but she sounds a lot better than my yammie. not as detailed, but smoother and more musical. less sterile
but man she's ugly.

its like, the yam is the super sexy hot self centered vapid chick...
and hte pioneer is the ugly fat chick thats a awesome person and great fun to hang out with... but i ain't posting no pictures of her 
L3000.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #3,911 of 19,129

Quote:
Oh Man!  Love that Lava Lamp too!

Thanks...I know it's a bit cheesy/cliche, but I like it anyway 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Very nice Rob..........you need some more stuff.  
wink.gif

Thanks Scott.  Any suggestions on what's next? 
biggrin.gif

Truthfully that rig is pretty much exactly how I like it, about a year later.  I have promised myself (and my wife) that the gear will stay contained by that rack, but even without that constraint, there isn't much else that would go in that rig.  It would be cool if I could find a tube DAC with matching cosmetics (the DAC in this rig is out of sight), but I find that doubtful...

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3,913 of 19,129
Quote:
All you are missing Rob is an antique electric fan and the Maxell tape poster.

x2, on a great setup. Liking the (original?) Maxell poster, and the mono blocks and speakers. What mono's and speakers are those?

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #3,915 of 19,129
LOL - Scott the funny thing is that I DO have that poster framed! But it is in my family room where my "big rig"/modern hifi / home theater is.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back