Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by moodyrn, Feb 3, 2011.
  1. Oscar-HiFi
    Check the internal fuses of the amp

2. sotto123
    I know almost nothing about these kind of things, but I thought that was what I already did.

3. Oscar-HiFi
    It sounds like you replaced the fuse in the plug/adaptor.

There should be a plastic thing on the back of the amp, next to where the power cable goes in, that holds another fuse.

4. sotto123
    That was the one I switched out. I can't change the one in the plug because I can't see any way to open it. I can't test another plug either because it seems to be internally wired.

I guess I'm out of options.

5. Oscar-HiFi
    Fair enough, well then I'm not sure. Sorry :)

6. Monsterzero
    Most of the vintage gear I buy needs a trip(or two)to the tech shop.I would look for a vintage repair person locally before you throw in the towel,but I understand your frustration

leftside likes this.
  7. sotto123
    That's why I've only looked to buy fully restored units, preferably by professionals, which is what I've been able to do so far.

For the Fisher I bought it from an online shop, who weren't exactly forthcoming with what changes have been made other than all equipment is "fully tested and refurbished if needed." I thought it would be fine considering I wasn't dealing with an individual.

8. rigo
    I went to hear it and was in great shape. Easy decision to buy.

2556BC7C-6275-46C9-B5C3-E8EF17877B77.jpeg

Skylab likes this.
  9. grokit
    I finally got my HE-6 paired properly with my Pioneer SX-727, the special speaker connectors held me back a bit. I have two pairs of speaker wire from Oak Tree, I now have more $ into the speaker wire than the receiver itself lol. I have one pair hooked up to HifiMAN's HE Adapter, more for for convenience and length than out of necessity. My source atm is also a bit unusual; a MacBook Pro with a Halide Design (Devilsound) Spdif Bridge, running iTunes > Amarra Hifi, into my (og) Matrix Mini-i (dual ad-1955's). I'm very please with the results; this may be the best I've heard my HE-6's.
    [​IMG]
    :L3000:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  10. blur510
    Just wondering if anyone here knows a place in San Diego that can restore my pioneer sx 1010? Tia

11. chickenmoon
    Not sure it qualifies as vintage yet but I received a Teac A-H500i yesterday and it sure beats my (unserviced and unrecapped) 7700 in a few departments, cleaner, more transparent and detailed and absolutely no noise floor I can hear. This said there is no way it's going to displace or supercede the Sansui, I am just glad to have both now. I paid only £76 for it (inc P&P) which is more than a bargain IMO (usually goes for £120 at the minimum).

12. richard51
    I am sorry for us because of your impending review and beyond words for you....

sotto123 likes this.
  13. richard51

My 7700 Sansui was recapped, and i can hear no noise even with my sensitive AKG K 340, the musicality is amazing, and with a good dac, the details are here.... I know you love your Sansui, but a recapping process is mandatory after all this time....I am sure the Teac is good.... best regards

chickenmoon likes this.
  14. chickenmoon
    Good to know a recapped 7700 has no audible noise floor, I should recap mine at some point I guess as this might bring out those missing subtle reverb decays I can clearly hear with the Teac.

15. richard51
    I dont doubt one second that the TEAC may be more revealing,(all the review of the TEAC are amazing) but i have already plenty of details with the Sansui, the musicality, the organic flowing of the music. this is what i have with the 7700 ; there exist more revealing amplifier i am sure, for example ,my TOTL Sansui AU-x701 is more revealing, but more musical than the Au-7700 it is not... And the Sansui AU-x701 is absolutely not cold analitycal though...Then i think that recapping is the way....