CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #16 of 249
Quote:
yes it would be good to hear other gear. I would love to hear your Grados and my T1 on your graham slee. The thing is my Wa2 is a high impedance amp so i don't think it would sound too good with the Grados considering they are 32 ohm's. 

does the graham slee have an option for pre-amp? the WA2 is a great pre amp. It would be interesting to hear the WA2 and Slee together if that was possible. 

The T1s work well with the Graham Slee, but the Grados (and I guess lots of other headphones, too) are where the Graham Slee really shines. See more on Graham Slee/Grado PS1000 partnership in this review. It makes for nice reading and is one of the reasons I chose the Graham Slee.

I noticed on the Woo Audio site here that the WA2 is recommended as an able partner with the Grado PS1000. Cooooool!

Not 100% sure if the Graham Slee and Woo could team up, but I would email Graham Slee and ask them closer to the event. There is a page on their site (see the 'features' tab here) that appears to indicate the amp can be fed off a pre-amp.

If we can make an event happen, this could be fun!

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 249
Quote:

The T1s work well with the Graham Slee, but the Grados (and I guess lots of other headphones, too) are where the Graham Slee really shines. See more on Graham Slee/Grado PS1000 partnership in this review. It makes for nice reading and is one of the reasons I chose the Graham Slee.

I noticed on the Woo Audio site here that the WA2 is recommended as an able partner with the Grado PS1000. Cooooool!

Not 100% sure if the Graham Slee and Woo could team up, but I would email Graham Slee and ask them closer to the event. There is a page on their site (see the 'features' tab here) that appears to indicate the amp can be fed off a pre-amp.

yes it would be great its just that i don't think there are very many of us. if you know anyone else just post up the name or let them know.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #18 of 249
Quote:

i just looked at the link there and it is recommended on the woo site to pair these alright. i would love to hear that. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 249
Hey Gerry.

Good to see you on the thread. That makes 4 of us so far, let keep trawling!

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #20 of 249
Quote:

I contacted jack woo about the WA2/Grado pairing and he said that it was a typo on the site and apologised. How unfortunate we are. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 249
Hey guys Cork based new guy here. I'm mates with magiccabbage IRL and up for a meet. I prob won't bother bringing my two Fiio amps though...haha they'd look somewhat wimpy next to some of the stuff around here

Jul 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 249
Quote:
Hey guys Cork based new guy here. I'm mates with magiccabbage IRL and up for a meet. I prob won't bother bringing my two Fiio amps though...haha they'd look somewhat wimpy next to some of the stuff around here

sure bring them - people will want to hear portable as well besides there aren't many of us on the site so the more the merrier. I mean how many irish members have desktop setups? 3? 

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #24 of 249
Quote:
haha true. Well I'll be bringing the E17 regardless, it's essential travel companion

I'd be glad to hear stuff I can partner with my MP3 in the office or on the move to get better sound of it when partnered with the ACS T1s, so this kit is definitely good to bring. Cheers.

As regards the Woo ... bah! LOL. Not to worry. It'd still be good to compare a tube amp to the Graham Slee on some suitable phones. Graham's strap line for the amp is 'natural as a valve, solid as a rock'.

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #25 of 249
Quote:

I'd be glad to hear stuff I can partner with my MP3 in the office or on the move to get better sound of it when partnered with the ACS T1s, so this kit is definitely good to bring. Cheers.

As regards the Woo ... bah! LOL. Not to worry. It'd still be good to compare a tube amp to the Graham Slee on some suitable phones. Graham's strap line for the amp is 'natural as a valve, solid as a rock'.

Man i would love to hear those Grados! 

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #26 of 249
Quote:
Man i would love to hear those Grados! 

I really like them ... 90% of the time. For jazz and acoustic they are awesome with the vast majority of material. However, they actually sound bad for some music. For example, if I was forced to listen to a full song on the Grados for certain female vocalists, I think my ears would actually bleed. However, on the flip side, give them some jazz and my ears couldn't be happier.

The Grados are all about detail, an absolute abundance of it! However, it's done sympathetically, so your music is still very enjoyable. I could listen to them for hours at a time and have virtually no fatigue. They also have very good bass, both in terms of amount and detail. When Ray Brown gets into his double bass, man it's bliss on the Grados...

Don't get me started 
tongue.gif
... suffice it to say they're pretty sweet... With your appetite now suitably whetted, let's hope this wee event of ours happens.

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #28 of 249
Quote:

I really like them ... 90% of the time. For jazz and acoustic they are awesome with the vast majority of material. However, they actually sound bad for some music. For example, if I was forced to listen to a full song on the Grados for certain female vocalists, I think my ears would actually bleed. However, on the flip side, give them some jazz and my ears couldn't be happier.

The Grados are all about detail, an absolute abundance of it! However, it's done sympathetically, so your music is still very enjoyable. I could listen to them for hours at a time and have virtually no fatigue. They also have very good bass, both in terms of amount and detail. When Ray Brown gets into his double bass, man it's bliss on the Grados...

Don't get me started 
tongue.gif
... suffice it to say they're pretty sweet... With your appetite now suitably whetted, let's hope this wee event of ours happens.

My WA2 and HD650 is the best i have heard for female vocals - they are amazing in the that category, there so smooth! The Hd650 compliments the T1 so well one being bright and the other being dark. the T1 is incredibly detailed! 

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #29 of 249
Quote:
I could be tempted if time/place suit. It would be great to meet some other Irish members.

Wow Mr.Sir you are bringing the big guns there! We have to get the meet going just so i can hear some of those electro static cans! 
Would you be willing to bring most of your gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back