Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Nov 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #181 of 225
I don't think I'll ever go back to Call of Duty 4 since sooooooo many people want to quick-scope with the M40A5.  I'll stick to Battlefield 3.

Been playing mostly CoD4 lately, and theres rarely M40s around. Dunno what youre talking about. Those that do arent even good at it. Theyre just fodder.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #182 of 225
I don't think I'll ever go back to Call of Duty 4 since sooooooo many people want to quick-scope with the M40A5.  I'll stick to Battlefield 3.

I haven't played against someone who could consistently win quick-scoping in a LONG time. I have a friend in my clan who spent a lot of time specializing in Quick Scoping, and he got real good at it too, but I still consistently beat him in 1v1s. It's a gimmick that doesn't make you always win. What have I seen a lot recently? Hmm... Dunno, so many newbies that often if I or one of my clan-mates are wrecking shop with one gun, we get a fan club and often see other players imitate. LOL! You can do well with any gun really, as long as you set up a situation that favors you (like the right range, predicting timing).

I've been playing Halo Reach in SWAT mode lately, I've had three 24 kill / 3 death games in the past two days. I think there are more new players than high-skill players in that game now, too. Edit: Could also be that Reach has skill-based matchmaking like in Halo 3, and I've improved so much since I last played or something that it's been putting me in lobbies with those with far less skill. I usually get more than half of the entire team's score for goodness sake! My new tube amp arrived, and finally was fully outfitted Tuesday. Powering my Q701s with it is AH-MAZ-ING! Soundstage separation has really evened out, and the Q701s are even better with the extra amp after my Recon 3D. Yesterday, I had some bad buzzing and my ears got fatigue unusually fast (30 mins?), but I adjusted the bias and left the tube to warm up for a long time before playing today (probably one of the few cases that "burn-in" Improvement could be scientifically measured) and now everything sounds smooth, detailed, punchy and powerful!

Will probably write my full review for the Q701 now, and other stuff that's been on the backburners.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #183 of 225
Uh, I thought I was on MLE's thread. Well, here's something unusual and Black Ops II related:
http://kotaku.com/5963968/without-music-or-gunfire-black-ops-ii-becomes-a-surreal-symphony-of-screams

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #186 of 225
That is nightmarish... lol.
Isn't it just, though?
I'm actually getting sick of Reach SWAT, at least on the maps where all the action is reduced to control over the highest area you can get to quickly (looking at you, Sword Base).

Mad, I forget, have you played Back Ops II?

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #187 of 225
Yes. Loved the campaign, hated the multiplayer (absolutely hate the maps). I miss when maps were more simplistic. Now, it's a *****ton of debris, branches, hiding spots, etc. They made the game too big.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #188 of 225
Anyone that was having issues with this game like lag, bullet lag, glitches, etc...I advise you download the latest patch Treyarch put out this past Saturday and revisit the game.  I'm getting consistently 15+ kills over deaths each game now.  It's running SUPER solid and I'm happy with the game again.

On a side note, as Mad Lust Envy mentioned...it doesn't fix the stupid stuff like campers in stupid corners, debris (which I am with you, what is the point of that?!?) but I got past that quick now that it's behaving right.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #189 of 225
Haven't been able to post for some time, but here I am.

I finished the campaign a while back, and I kinda liked it overall, my only complaint is about not being able to
join Menendez. I mean he wouldn't have gone so far if the real culprits (that left his sister wounded) were brought to justice, but we've done the exact opposite throughout the game. Which caused Menendez to grow more and more aggressive constantly. I know that one of the outcomes is that Menendez kills Woods at the end, and burns himself while standing next to his sister's grave, but I don't find that satisfying enough, because Woods isn't the one that started it all.
Of course, this wasn't a likely case given the circumstances, but still.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #191 of 225
Hows BO2? Just uninstalled BF3 after 350+ hours of play.  Started out trying to jet against someone with 250+ jet hours, then trying to snipe in TDM, I just give up on BF3, none of my friends play it anymore anyway.  It's just not fun.

Strangely nobody who is good snipes in BF3, its just really really ineffective.  For the record I don't consider semi automatic sniper rifles sniping, only bolts.  Sniping is about the only thing I enjoy in shooters.

Meh I think I'm getting to old for games, I'm 27 years old and my shoulders ache after 3 hours of gaming.  I think I might try SC2 again, or find something better to do with my time.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #192 of 225
Hows BO2? Just uninstalled BF3 after 350+ hours of play.  Started out trying to jet against someone with 250+ jet hours, then trying to snipe in TDM, I just give up on BF3, none of my friends play it anymore anyway.  It's just not fun.

Strangely nobody who is good snipes in BF3, its just really really ineffective.  For the record I don't consider semi automatic sniper rifles sniping, only bolts.  Sniping is about the only thing I enjoy in shooters.

Meh I think I'm getting to old for games, I'm 27 years old and my shoulders ache after 3 hours of gaming.  I think I might try SC2 again, or find something better to do with my time.
I hear you about bf3. I loved it, but it almost seems like its so realistic it's not even fun anymore. I love bo2 and the sniping is great. The Barrett is a 1 hit kill from the waist up and the other snipers are a one hit kill from the chest up. The bolt action sniper is really fun (the ballista) and its actually really powerful. If you hit them in the waist, you can follow up quickly with a 2nd shot. If you like sniping, try sniper elite v2. It's pretty fun.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #193 of 225
Bad game. I like shooters. I like Halo. I like L4D 1/2. But all of the CoD games are horrible. They cant compare to games like Team Fortress 2 and Halo 2.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #195 of 225
I hear you about bf3. I loved it, but it almost seems like its so realistic it's not even fun anymore. I love bo2 and the sniping is great. The Barrett is a 1 hit kill from the waist up and the other snipers are a one hit kill from the chest up. The bolt action sniper is really fun (the ballista) and its actually really powerful. If you hit them in the waist, you can follow up quickly with a 2nd shot. If you like sniping, try sniper elite v2. It's pretty fun.

I might have to install BO2 again to see if I can play it. I generally just want to goof around in games as trying reallly really hard to win can be pretty stupid. Might be alright if a game doesnt have broken netcode lol.

New mouse came in today. Steelseries sensei. I like the flexible cord and light click weight, but it has ambidextrous thumb buttons which are annoying as they click accidentally. I think I need a new mousepad too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back