Call of Duty: Black Ops II
May 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 225

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Yo guys,

I just saw the reveal trailer for BLOPS2 and it looks kinda cool. MW3 was such a crap game but I enjoyed BLOPS a lot. Treyarch seems to be doing the COD games better than anyone else it seems.

BLOPS2 is set in 2025, so it's quite a bit further in the future. Some weapons look more futuristic and there a glimpses of actually piloting a plane.

So let me know what you guys think. I hope this game won't be crap like most COD games..

May 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 225
I'm excited for this. As a COD-nut... (well I used to be until MW3 ruined it), I have high hopes for BLOPS2. I loved the first BLOPS. CoD4 and BLOPS are the only two CoDs I could play for months. MW2 and MW3 were...meh. I'll forgive WaW since it was Treyarch's first attempt at the (then) new engine.

May 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 225
MW3 was crap, they ruined the COD name a bit, I liked MW2 though, but not as much as BLOPS. So this maybe a breath of fresh air for the series.

It's funny, everyone complains that COD never does anything different and when Treyarch listened and gave us this trailer, people complained it was too different. COD needs something different! This is IT!

May 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 225
interesting... although i really like CS:GO.  theres just something about CS that i love.

May 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 225
I played the CS:GO beta a bit and I did like it. Still good ole Counter-Strike goodness!!

May 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 225
countless hours a decade ago on CS.  just cant get into the MW games as much. i have black ops, mw2 and tried a few others.  i did enjoy black ops more than the previous ones tho. 

May 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 225
Hated mw3, hopefully they dont screw up black ops since I loved how they did headquarters on that game.

May 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 225
I have faith in Treyarch. They're getting better and better. Infinity Ward... not so much.

May 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #11 of 225
I think the pace of COD games is far too fast and needs to be slowed down. Too much running and camping.Many Perks should down right removed or tweaked accordingly. I have issues with the Parks in COD games.

May 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #12 of 225
The fast paced, run and gun action is what makes CoD....CoD. If they slowed it down, it'd be just another typical shooter. People love CoD BECAUSE of that arcadey action. I'm not a fan of FPS games in general. They tend to be too slow for me. Halo, Battlefield, etc... too slow. If I wanted slower paced, those are it.

I do agree about the perks/killstreaks. They need to be simplified and reduced to a good few. Good speed, fast reloading, silent steps, extra ammo. Basically mostly the perks from Modern Warfare 1. Definitely no Juggernaut or Stopping Power.

May 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #13 of 225
I really don't like how fast paced COD is at time, that's why I play BF3 more. It's more rewarding to me when you can sneak up on someone and get them with the knife rather than running up to them and panic knifing them. Kinda stupid IMO. COD does need to change it's gameplay A LOT! Slow the game down and make it more open like BF. Still keep some of the speed but give you bigger maps and more open spaces to run. Like BLOPS, but much bigger maps and slightly slower gameplay.

Instead of stopping power they should let you chose an ammo type for your gun. Lets say you can use hollow point rounds, the advantage would be increased power but your gun would have less accuracy and a higher amount of kick back. I think adding different ammo types would be cool. Let the shotgun have slug rounds, the drawback is a narrower spread with more kick back, but you get more distance and higher accuracy. 

Using Lightweight should make you carry less ammo, thus making you move faster, plus you have less armor and health. This balances out the perk a lot.

Steady Aim should be able to lower your total speed when it comes to when looking down the sights. I feel Steady Aim should only effect LDS aiming and not normal aiming. Higher accuracy at the cost of faster aiming.

Quick Draw should make your aiming much quicker but also gives you less accuracy and your aim is more unsteady and the barrel of your gun will wonder more.

Marathon should be taken out completely. No way anyone has unlimited stamina. Also they should not let you use Marathon and Lightweight at the same time. Helps balance the game a bit.

What do you think?

Quote:
The fast paced, run and gun action is what makes CoD....CoD. If they slowed it down, it'd be just another typical shooter. People love CoD BECAUSE of that arcadey action. I'm not a fan of FPS games in general. They tend to be too slow for me. Halo, Battlefield, etc... too slow. If I wanted slower paced, those are it.
I do agree about the perks/killstreaks. They need to be simplified and reduced to a good few. Good speed, fast reloading, silent steps, extra ammo. Basically mostly the perks from Modern Warfare 1. Definitely no Juggernaut or Stopping Power.

May 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 225
Quote:

You like your FPSs fast, huh? I wonder how much you'd like Quake III Arena or Quake Live if you could play them on consoles (Dreamcast Q3A aside). Said to be a smidge faster than Unreal Tournament, even, and that's already getting too fast for me to keep up with in a typical online match.

Anyway, I'm not interested in CoD in general (maybe except for CoD1 + United Offensive, just to know where the series got its roots). The series just represents everything gone horribly wrong with the FPS genre this generation to me. Ridiculously overpriced map pack DLC when maps used to come free with patches or made by the community with mod tools, yearly full-price rehashes that everyone buys up anyway, so on and so forth. It's even corrupted the Battlefield series and other big contenders in the genre.

I sometimes even wonder that if Free Radical-I mean Crytek would hear my pleas (and those of the other fans) for a TimeSplitters 4 (which is a rare case of a possible FPS sequel that would interest me greatly), they'd probably ruin it with most of the current FPS trends like overdoing the DLC.

May 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #15 of 225
I know what ya mean. Gone are the days of Half-Life, Doom, and so many good FPS games. COD is very generic along with many other ones out there. And the map packs are insanely overpriced for what they are. What with $15 map packs. BF is a bit like COD now, but still much better IMO. Too bad BF3 wasn't like BF2... good times my friends, good times.

Oh and Time Splitters! I have the first and second game. TS2 was the best of them IMO.  Great gameplay and original.

Speaking of old school games, how about AVP2? I loved that one back in the day. Probably logged 400 or more hours on it's multiplayer. Man times have changed.

I have Quake III for the DC, and I loved it. I don't like the Unreal Tournament games though.

Quote:
You like your FPSs fast, huh? I wonder how much you'd like Quake III Arena or Quake Live if you could play them on consoles (Dreamcast Q3A aside). Said to be a smidge faster than Unreal Tournament, even, and that's already getting too fast for me to keep up with in a typical online match.

Anyway, I'm not interested in CoD in general (maybe except for CoD1 + United Offensive, just to know where the series got its roots). The series just represents everything gone horribly wrong with the FPS genre this generation to me. Ridiculously overpriced map pack DLC when maps used to come free with patches or made by the community with mod tools, yearly full-price rehashes that everyone buys up anyway, so on and so forth. It's even corrupted the Battlefield series and other big contenders in the genre.

I sometimes even wonder that if Free Radical-I mean Crytek would hear my pleas (and those of the other fans) for a TimeSplitters 4 (which is a rare case of a possible FPS sequel that would interest me greatly), they'd probably ruin it with most of the current FPS trends like overdoing the DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back