- Nov 21, 2014
- Calgary, AB
Thanks to everyone who showed up to the meet yesterday. This was my first Head-Fi meet, and I had a great time meeting so many other music nuts. With Calgary having relatively few places to try out new gear, it was awesome to have a chance to try some really amazing audio kit.
I'll leave personal impressions and photos later in the thread, but wanted to thank the following for helping make yesterday a great day:
- @swich401for booking the room. I was on the original "Let's have a meet" thread for several months, and wondered if this thing would EVER happen; pulling the trigger on the room was all it took to get this happening.
- Rachel at Grant Fidelity for covering the costs of the room, providing some quality Matrix and Yulong DACs and the "Suzanne" (I've been enjoying that one), and for the very nice USB cable door prizes. Again, if you tried any of the equipment, leave a word or two on the appropriate threads.
- Jeremy at CTC Audio for sending some really great portable equipment for us to try, and supplying us with IEM door prizes. If you tried out the Cayin N6 and C5, or the Hidizs AP100 or T-Peos IEMS, or the Cozoy Astrapi, do leave some impressions on the item threads if you have a few minutes.
- Noble Audio for providing the Noble 6.
- The Headphone Bar in Vancouver for sending up the Audeze EL8s, and @LostInMyDream for playing courier.
- Everyone who helped set up the room in the morning, and put things (roughly) back in place at the end of the day.
- @mikoss for hosting the small after-party, and providing some cool tunes to listen to and argue over into the wee hours (you'll see that our discussion of the merits and detriments of the R70x vs. HD650 made it in at the end of my R70x review, updated today).
Looking forward to the next meet. Let us know in this thread whether you'd like to see something before Christmas (to help you make gift decisions maybe) or perhaps in Jan/Feb when we're all in need of some warming up and "blues-busting." Perhaps we'll do a hotel next time, with more space, access to refreshments, and help setting up the room before the event.