CAL! Vs. Superlux 668B
Feb 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jon08192

New Head-Fier
So I've heard that the CAL! is better quality, sound wise.  Is there anything I need to take into account if I'm listening to genre's like indie, electronic, at the moment?  I listen to just about everything but lately I've had a heavy emphasis on those two genres.  I've heard that the Superlux isn't necessarily great on those.  Is the CAL! Any better or should I consider different phones for that price point? 

Thanks!

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 3
I have both.
Overall I like the Superlux a little more. While the CAL! is good with bass and very good at midrange, the treble is not as transparent. The superlux has a smoother treble, fuller mids, the bass is less than the CAL! but a bit more controlled, soundstage and instruments separation are also better on the Superlux. I listen to indie and electronic on the Superlux and they sound really good.
I don't like the comfort of the Superlux however, the CAL! is much more comfortable

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Ok thanks for the info.  I was planning on doing the sock mod to the earpieces of the SUperlux anyway so comfort hopefully won't be an issue.

As far as the rest goes, I guess it's looking like the Superlux is the way to go.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back