Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #2,581 of 3,173
I also use a French Press, well I used to, but I have grown more fond of the Aero brew, plus, I was told that cholesterol from French Press coffee is very high and that paper filters actually help with this.
Actually the cholesterol is not in the coffee but as a consequence of cafestrol which is in the coffee and how the body responds to it. The paper filter takes out much of this. If one's cholesterol is very high, then I wouldn't expect this to make a big difference. You might consider all of the other possibilities.

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #2,582 of 3,173
Actually the cholesterol is not in the coffee but as a consequence of cafestrol which is in the coffee and how the body responds to it. The paper filter takes out much of this. If one's cholesterol is very high, then I wouldn't expect this to make a big difference. You might consider all of the other possibilities.
I don't think I have any cholesterol problems personally, mostly I just like the slightly greater smoothness I perceive from the Aero Press. Thank you for the information on the cafestrol, I'll have to dig further as it sounds interesting and I take it variable from person to person how their body metabolizes the coffee?

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,583 of 3,173
I have a hyperdrive metabolism, and energy drinks make it even faster. I usually have to eat twice before even drinking one, and it's not uncommon for my stomach to feel drained not long after. Coffee, on the other hand, is more like normal drinks for me. It doesn't seem to affect my metabolism much, and it's a heck of a lot healthier than energy drinks. But I drink energy drinks on a near-daily basis and rarely have coffee. I'm sure this will change once I get older...

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,584 of 3,173
I have a hyperdrive metabolism, and energy drinks make it even faster. I usually have to eat twice before even drinking one, and it's not uncommon for my stomach to feel drained not long after. Coffee, on the other hand, is more like normal drinks for me. It doesn't seem to affect my metabolism much, and it's a heck of a lot healthier than energy drinks. But I drink energy drinks on a near-daily basis and rarely have coffee. I'm sure this will change once I get older...
All that energy, you better watch "Blade Runner" and reconsider. "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,588 of 3,173
64Q_dqA_tvcUMbkS_emZiFB_lSWtRSHlQ7eDssuET3s.gif

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #2,593 of 3,173
when-you-drink-coffee-at-night_o_539924.gif

Aug 13, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2,594 of 3,173
You know you're a caffeine addict when an energy drink and soda aren't enough. :sweat:

If I need to work overnight, I would drink two red bull plus two cup of coffee for that night. And I keep drinking coffee and red bull next day until an hour before going to bed.

Recently, I found that adding American ginseng tea is extremely helpful with stress. Feel less stress out!

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,595 of 3,173
If I need to work overnight, I would drink two red bull plus two cup of coffee for that night. And I keep drinking coffee and red bull next day until an hour before going to bed.

I remember one time back in 2007 when I was moving...I downed so many Red Bulls in a single day. Can't do that when I'm not exerting a good deal of physical effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back